Stolen Ktm superduke | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Ktm superduke

so far no communication from the fine folks at echelon, they don’t respond to emails or calls, it’s been 2 weeks haven’t heard anything
All the ins companies are the same.
My adjuster last autumn didn't respond to a single phone call, voice mail or email.
I had to complain to my broker, who sent a couple emails, which got the ball rolling after 6 weeks.
Keep in mind, a theft claim will take a month, minimum, to settle. They like to wait 30 days, in case the stolen vehicle shows up.

My parents went through the same thing with Aviva when my mom wrote off her Nissan. Literally zero communications from them.

I finally got fed up and called on my dad's behalf and tore into them.

Issue resolved within 8 hours and a cheque cut for the car replacement within 24h.

Sometimes you just need to press harder and harder.
I'm sure we can write a book on how to be the secretary of an immigrant parent.

All the ins companies are the same.
My adjuster last autumn didn't respond to a single phone call, voice mail or email.
I had to complain to my broker, who sent a couple emails, which got the ball rolling after 6 weeks.
Keep in mind, a theft claim will take a month, minimum, to settle. They like to wait 30 days, in case the stolen vehicle shows up.
They told me 2 weeks it should be settled 🤷

I’ll have to be more aggressive I guess

so far no communication from the fine folks at echelon, they don’t respond to emails or calls, it’s been 2 weeks haven’t heard anything
Classic echelon, they were hard to get ahold of but overpaid me for my FZ09.

Good to hear it's been approved. For anyone in the future, make the formal request to speak to a manager if your claims adjuster isn't getting back to you (or no progress in a couple weeks). There's no timetable they need to adhere to for settling claims, but managers don't like files going above their heads and once you request to speak to a manager it's the first logged step of a problem in the file so they get involved and push it along to get resolved quicker.

stolen likely in broad daylight, no underground parking garage, at a busy intersection, (Yonge and church) between hours of 6-9 pm

I’m here often, come out of the building to no bike😡

Called police, they’ll call back for a report soon
No air tag or tracker? No 2-way alarm? C'mon... we are in 2024. With my Samsung Tags I can even set it up on my phone that if the tag moves or gets taken out of range I get an immediate notification.

No air tag or tracker? No 2-way alarm? C'mon... we are in 2024. With my Samsung Tags I can even set it up on my phone that if the tag moves or gets taken out of range I get an immediate notification.
While it is interesting info, in many cases that's it. It would help if they moved it to pick up later but cops have a history of telling you too bad, so sad when you tell them where your stolen property is. I'm not walking into a place with criminals to get my property back. It's just not worth it.

Curious how many of you ducati owners do the belts and valves yourselves?(not including wingboy)

@Soulcatcher668 @Relax @Wind Shear (and anyone else I may have forgotten)
I’m hoping to do the belts as they seem easy enough.

The valves…that’s another story.

You’re a baller…what’s 2k for a DESMO for ya? Plus do you keep bikes long enough to reach those kms?

Or you looking for a 2019 Scrambler Icon???

That’s what insurance is for. What am I gonna do? Go see some crackheads / gangsters / thieves and demand my money back?

I’d prefer NOT to get stabbed or shot for a bike.

Test rode an older Ducati multi PP with a lot of miles on it, had maintenance records, sounds great, pulls hard, but lots of mis shifts 😔

Curious how many of you ducati owners do the belts and valves yourselves?
Desmo service is easy. Take your time, have a plan and stick to it. Lots of "how to's" out there.
Belt replacement is a different story. Each iteration of desmo has their own procedure and tools... tension meters and the like ... isn't there a phone app that does them harmonically? I do 'em by feel, never had an problem (I've been doing this a while, I REALLY suggest you get some sort of a belt tension tool. You can use a fish scale). Get someone to show you how it's done and you should be good to go.
Setting up a desmo is a LOT easier than a 4 cylinder bucket and shim setup.

Curious how many of you ducati owners do the belts and valves yourselves?(not including wingboy)

@Soulcatcher668 @Relax @Wind Shear (and anyone else I may have forgotten)
Yes.
Desmo service is easy. Take your time, have a plan and stick to it. Lots of "how to's" out there.
Belt replacement is a different story. Each iteration of desmo has their own procedure and tools... tension meters and the like ... isn't there a phone app that does them harmonically? I do 'em by feel, never had an problem (I've been doing this a while, I REALLY suggest you get some sort of a belt tension tool. You can use a fish scale). Get someone to show you how it's done and you should be good to go.
Yeah. (Unless it’s a V4? Never done it)
It’s just different. Although, I’d take fiddling with shim under bucket over broken or dropped valve collets/half rings.

Got spooked today… three guys stopped at the end of my driveway in a 90s gold Camry. Two jumped out, wandered 100’ up my driveway to take pick of an a couple of bikes I had outside.

The didn’t see me working on my car, when I stood up they saw me and bolted.

I leave my daily rider in the driveway… have for 20 years. I guess I’ll rethink that.

I’ve never had to do a bucket/shim on my Yamahas or Suzukis . I don’t bother checking them any more.

Can’t get easier than that!

Back
Top Bottom