Stolen Ktm superduke | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Ktm superduke

More test rides today, turismo veloce and 890smt
The mv has some sort of DCT like automatic thing, it’s like a slightly less refined version of Honda, it also doesn’t sound as good like a traditional triumph, missing that triple whistle and howl.

Looks good but as a motorcycle I’m not impressed with the MV. (Will add more details later)

I had high hopes for the smt, but they had Mr hall monitor leading the test ride, we puttered around suburban Whitby at 50kph max, what a waste of a day, wanted to tell him the motto is ready to race, not ready to fall asleep.

I wanted to see how anal the lead rider was, so I moved over to the left lane for 2 seconds and he got upset that i left the staggered formation lmao

The bmw demo day with a bunch of old dudes was more exciting, got to open it up more, ride in more varied terrain, etc

Gotta say apart from the bad seat, it was a pretty good bike

I gotta get a real test ride on the Ktm soon.
IMG_3949-compressed.jpeg

IMG_3951-compressed.jpeg

Last edited:
More test rides today, turismo veloce and 890smt
The mv has some sort of DCT like automatic thing, it’s like a slightly less refined version of Honda, it also doesn’t sound as good like a traditional triumph, missing that triple whistle and howl.

Looks good but as a motorcycle I’m not impressed with the MV. (Will add more details later)

I had high hopes for the smt, but they had Mr hall monitor leading the test ride, we puttered around suburban Whitby at 50kph max, what a waste of a day, wanted to tell him the motto is ready to race, not ready to fall asleep.

I wanted to see how anal the lead rider was, so I moved over to the left lane for 2 seconds and he got upset that i left the staggered formation lmao

The bmw demo day with a bunch of old dudes was more exciting, got to open it up more, ride in more varied terrain, etc

Gotta say apart from the bad seat, it was a pretty good bike

I gotta get a real test ride on the Ktm soon.
View attachment 68152

View attachment 68153
Take my 1290 SAR for a ride if you want. I'm 45min from there and no stop lights within 15mins of me.
Often if you speak nicely to the salesman and let them know you're a serious buyer they'll let you go off on your own for a proper test.

What do Xs,Rs, RRs, and RRXRXs really mean on a street bike?

I’ve owned some stupid street super sports, my fave was a Ninja 250. I could ride the **** out of that thing while on the road — keeping my licence safe.

Often if you speak nicely to the salesman and let them know you're a serious buyer they'll let you go off on your own for a proper test
DM'd apex, we shall see :unsure:

I'm losing tack of where you bought what, but if you bought something off them before, they should oblige you. If not, ask for Dave Cotrell and tell him MT09 Dave and SXV Rich sent you. Or better yet find out who @Evoex bought from and tell them he sent you!
We already established that he knows them all and they all know @bigpoppa .

Didn't think he would be having a hard time getting test rides in.

Bit of a conundrum now, so I present to you this, should I get one really nice shiny expensive awesome motorcycle or have a garage with several slightly used motorcycles with multi purpose? :unsure:

Bit of a conundrum now, so I present to you this, should I get one really nice shiny expensive awesome motorcycle or have a garage with several slightly used motorcycles with multi purpose? :unsure:
Several might cost you more in insurance. Maybe a good used one?

Woops I should have read more of your posts. Looks like you like new and fast. 😂

I generally prefer used but it seems that used prices are persistently high nowadays, at least for the stuff I'd consider. Then again they don't SEEM to be moving very quickly but the sellers have been kind of firm in their prices.

I’d say get a handful of different styles for the same price of a brand new shiny one.

But I’m not a baller and can’t justify the prices of what I’d like.

If I found someone selling a VSTROM 650 I’d probably offer my Scrambler if they’re ad stated they’re open to trades.

I’d say get a handful of different styles for the same price of a brand new shiny one.

But I’m not a baller and can’t justify the prices of what I’d like.

If I found someone selling a VSTROM 650 I’d probably offer my Scrambler if they’re ad stated they’re open to trades.
Have you ever ridden a 650 strom?

Do you see the bike you like in the US? A fly and ride? Even with the exchange sometimes the bike you want is cheaper there. I know there is the import stuff to deal with. But then you get a nice trip too.

Depends very much on what you want to do. For many, the split is one sporty/fun daily bike for commutes and weekend blats, one big and comfy bike for multi-day tours, something for dirt or trails, and add a track day bike if you're so inclined. You can combine elements of the above, but that usually requires some level of compromise.

E.g. Africa Twin, a bike you know well, does the first three to some extent, but isn't very sporty and you wouldn't want to do anything much more challenging than a logging road away from pavement. My Tuono works beautifully in the first category, and is pretty amazing on the track (unless I crash it!), but is severely compromised for touring.

Generally, I think as people who've tried both like @Lightcycle would attest, if you have the budget and space, bikes suited for purpose work better than Swiss Army knives...

Depends very much on what you want to do. For many, the split is one sporty/fun daily bike for commutes and weekend blats, one big and comfy bike for multi-day tours, something for dirt or trails, and add a track day bike if you're so inclined. You can combine elements of the above, but that usually requires some level of compromise.

E.g. Africa Twin, a bike you know well, does the first three to some extent, but isn't very sporty and you wouldn't want to do anything much more challenging than a logging road away from pavement. My Tuono works beautifully in the first category, and is pretty amazing on the track (unless I crash it!), but is severely compromised for touring.

Generally, I think as people who've tried both like @Lightcycle would attest, if you have the budget and space, bikes suited for purpose work better than Swiss Army knives...

If the africa had a slightly shorter wheelbase and smaller wheels it would be my goldilocks bike :love:
Did 90% of what I wanted from a bike, only when treated like a race bike in the extreme chicanes of Appalachia, did it occasionally complain

It is tricky for me though, as I try to plan for the future, buying, swapping, keeping multiple bikes this often is getting inconvenient :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom