Stolen Ktm superduke | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Ktm superduke

Gotta love it, just got a speeding ticket from a camera on avenue rd, for going a whopping 54 kmh (in a 40 zone apparently :))

Gotta love it, just got a speeding ticket from a camera on avenue rd, for going a whopping 54 kmh (in a 40 zone apparently :))
My boss got one about a year ago on Avenue Rd (possibly the same area) ... we couldn't believe it was 40 but I seem to recall when we looked on maps there was a school nearby.

My boss got one about a year ago on Avenue Rd (possibly the same area) ... we couldn't believe it was 40 but I seem to recall when we looked on maps there was a school nearby.
It’s a big 3 lane section on a hill, not really a residential area but 🤷

Bit of a conundrum now, so I present to you this, should I get one really nice shiny expensive awesome motorcycle or have a garage with several slightly used motorcycles with multi purpose? :unsure:
If you have the space, I'm solidly in the camp of having multiple cheap motorcycles over a single unicorn bike.

Off road, an ADV bike will never be as good as a dual sport, and a dual sport will never be as good as a dirt bike, which is mostly related to weight. But as a bike gets more off-road capable, it becomes less on-road capable. My blue-plated dirt bike can be legally ridden on the street, but it tops out at 90kph because of the low gearing, the seat is designed for standing instead of sitting, it vibrates your hands numb in minutes, etc.

On track, just taping up your street bike's mirrors and lights is okay, but having something stripped down and always prepped is a lot nicer. And there's a freedom in having something dedicated to the track that you are mentally prepared to throw in the garbage if you accidentally do cartwheels with it. I'd never be mentally willing to push hard on the track with an expensive unicorn bike, which for me defeats the whole point of going to the track.

On the street, the compromises don't matter nearly so much. A nice light peppy naked bike is better for around town or quick countryside blasts, but I wouldn't want to take it touring unless I really scaled back my kilometers per day.

My wife got one of those here in our area...speed camera would be upright during the week...and 'sleeping' Friday afternoon -> Monday morning.

People would tip it over non-stop.

How does your Street Triple compare with the Superduke?

How does your Street Triple compare with the Superduke?
Better in almost every way except engine and fun factor.

Ktm was an insane monster.

Back
Top Bottom