Stolen Ktm superduke | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Ktm superduke

If the africa had a slightly shorter wheelbase and smaller wheels it would be my goldilocks bike :love:
Did 90% of what I wanted from a bike, only when treated like a race bike in the extreme chicanes of Appalachia, did it occasionally complain
Sounds like a Multistrada, then? Ninja 1000 with suspension upgrades? Any bike that gets you comfortably to Appalachia will then have some compromise in the twisties, though.

It is tricky for me though, as I try to plan for the future, buying, swapping, keeping multiple bikes this often is getting inconvenient :unsure:
Perfection is the enemy of good, etc. There will always be another bike that does something you want better.

Sounds like a Multistrada, then? Ninja 1000 with suspension upgrades? Any bike that gets you comfortably to Appalachia will then have some compromise in the twisties, though.

Perfection is the enemy of good, etc. There will always be another bike that does something you want better.

Bikes in consideration:

890SMT
s1000xr
Versys 1000
Older big boy V2 multistrada

never heard good things about their suspension, brakes and fueling
If its meant to be long term, I'm sure the suspension can be upgraded/modified.

Last edited:
Bikes in consideration:

890SMT
s1000xr
Versys 1000
Older big boy V2 multistrada

SMT would be an interesting long-distance choice...

And if you end up with an XR or Versys 1K I'm going to quote you back your 10,000 posts on here bagging on i4's! (Not that I ever agreed in general, a good four can have as much 'character' as anything, but an FZ-6 won't make that case)

never heard good things about their suspension, brakes and fueling

Simon Hargreaves of Bennett's and Front End Chatter absolutely loves the newer version, and his opinion is right up there with Michael Neeves for me. Here's his review of the GT+ in Europe, not sure what differences the models here have:

Yamaha Tracer 9 GT+ (2023) - Review

And if you end up with an XR or Versys 1K I'm going to quote you back your 10,000 posts on here bagging on i4's! (Not that I ever agreed in general, a good four can have as much 'character' as anything, but an FZ-6 won't make that case)
A good test ride on the xr changed my mind a bit 😂

Seen a few older 2011-2013 Multistrada models…sexy beasts but a Ducati with 40-70k on the clock worries me.

Seen a few older 2011-2013 Multistrada models…sexy beasts but a Ducati with 40-70k on the clock worries me.
Test rode one last week, lots of mis shifts even with maintenance records

Gotta have 17 inch wheels, under no illusions this time boys. The GT passenger accommodations seem pitiful

Test rode one last week, lots of mis shifts even with maintenance records
I'm not familiar with the Multi's, but missed shifts could be as simple as the owner adjusted the lever beyond an angle that would provide reliable shifts, or there's a common problem with a lot of Ducati shift selector springs breaking or becoming weak. That can be fixed by removing the left side cover and replacing with an update kit - fairly simple job, but a job nonetheless.

I had a 2016 MS1200S and put 35,000 trouble-free km’s in that bike. Gearbox was golden (I’ve had 7 Suzuki-slick GSXR’s btw). That was one of, if not the most bike I’ve had. If I didn’t have a hankering for hard off-roading I’d be on one right now.
Don’t snooze on the 950 Multistrada’s. Get an S version as they have the good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom