Stolen Ktm superduke | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stolen Ktm superduke

Sorry to hear it. I hope it works out for you, either gets returned, or you get a better bike through insurance.

Hopefully you have good insurance. My bike was stolen from my backyard 6 years ago when I lived in Hamilton. I got a call from the Hamilton police at about 11am asking if I had a 2003 750 Katana. I said, yes. He said, "Do you know where it is right now?" I said, "Apparently not."
Sure enough, it was gone. Two guys picked it up by the front wheel, rolled it through the gate, past my car, dropped it leaving a small dent in my wife's minivan, then rolled it out to a Uhaul trailer on the road and dropped it on it's side in the trailer.
One of the thieves' grandfather saw them trying to take it apart on his back deck and called the police on his own grand-son (good man). A lot of damage was done by the time the cops showed up. I found out that I had pass on comprehensive for the bike (it was only worth $2000-$3000), so I was on the hook for all the repairs. Mostly just broken fairings, but those chunks of plastic aren't cheap.

I've never had a test ride on any of my bikes. Just write him a cheque and be done with it.

You won't like it, anyway. No power, rides like a tractor, sh*t falls off it. A V100 Mandello or Stelvio is more your speed.
I've never had a test ride either and never had any regrets.

I also agree about the Mandello or Stelvio. They're a cut above the V85 in execution, but are also a couple cuts above in $$.

I've never had a test ride either and never had any regrets.

I also agree about the Mandello or Stelvio. They're a cut above the V85 in execution, but are also a couple cuts above in $$.
Yeah Im not sure about another naked bike (mandello)
and the stelvio is ugly and more pricey.

i thought you had the perfect combo....... 😁

It's not naked. From what I've read the fairing & screen work pretty well.
And apparently Ewan McGreggor likes it ;) .

1716132207370.png

As for the new Stelvio being ugly....we do NOT agree.

@bigpoppa
What is the insurance saying about all of this so far?

@bigpoppa
What is the insurance saying about all of this so far?
they asked me to send them some information (bill of sale, picture of keys, police report number etc etc)
which I send them.

They said it will take 2 weeks or so for them to get everything in order...(there is also a long weekend so...)

Weren't you thinking in getting one of the newest SMTs?

I would think that might be more comfortable for a passenger compared to the super duke.

Weren't you thinking in getting one of the newest SMTs?

I would think that might be more comfortable for a passenger compared to the super duke.
It’s on my short list 😉

Just come back to the Twin side, it's for sale anyways. muahaha
depends on what the insurance check looks like, pretty sure my old twin is still on sale, and it has a better paint job and pure sporty tires!

depends on what the insurance check looks like, pretty sure my old twin is still on sale, and it has a better paint job and pure sporty tires!
could be why it's still for sale? :unsure:

Back
Top Bottom