Scarborough shooting | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough shooting

This is why we have a problem, guys like you have alot of useless answers, and no solutions.

I'll tell you how to solve the CAS / discipline problem right now, and i have proof this will work.

My friends son tried to pull some bullcrap like this, saying he would make something up and have his dad arrested if he tried to punish him.
Solution> Dad proceeds directly to the boys room, removes every item except his school clothes and the bed.
Proceeds to garage and shed, removes all possessions of boy, packs the whole load into the car and delivers it to storage.
Kitchen was cleaned out except for the bare necessities, food portioning plan in effect. No fancy foods, just the basics.

Speech as follows> This is what the group home will be like that the Gov will send you to.
We'll live like this for one week while you stay home and do schoolwork, or read a book i guess.
Next week we will have this discussion again and see if your opinion changes.

End of lesson. :book:

1271492_o.gif

This is why we have a problem, guys like you have alot of useless answers, and no solutions.

I'll tell you how to solve the CAS / discipline problem right now, and i have proof this will work.

My friends son tried to pull some bullcrap like this, saying he would make something up and have his dad arrested if he tried to punish him.
Solution> Dad proceeds directly to the boys room, removes every item except his school clothes and the bed.
Proceeds to garage and shed, removes all possessions of boy, packs the whole load into the car and delivers it to storage.
Kitchen was cleaned out except for the bare necessities, food portioning plan in effect. No fancy foods, just the basics.

Speech as follows> This is what the group home will be like that the Gov will send you to.
We'll live like this for one week while you stay home and do schoolwork, or read a book i guess.

This is so awesome it's almost an artwork! I'll have to remember that, I might need it in a few years.

Dude I agree with you, but like I said the government says you cant discipline your own kids, what your friend did sounds like a good alternative, but will parents do it? Alot of kids just dont fear their parents anymore. Im not saying your wrong, Ive just never heard anyone doin that until you said it. Ive made suggestions that I thought were relevant, you brought something I hadnt heard of, isnt that why we're all here?

Dude I agree with you, but like I said the government says you cant discipline your own kids, what your friend did sounds like a good alternative, but will parents do it? Alot of kids just dont fear their parents anymore. Im not saying your wrong, Ive just never heard anyone doin that until you said it. Ive made suggestions that I thought were relevant, you brought something I hadnt heard of, isnt that why we're all here?

********, you can slap your kid. you just can't beat them to a pulp.

when the tail starts wagging the dog, time for a different set of rules to follow

Yes, a good parent will do anything they can to put their kids on the right path, even if it means hurting some feelings.
The problem is, some parents haven't found the path themselves, which is why they shouldn't be parents.

********, you can slap your kid. you just can't beat them to a pulp.

when the tail starts wagging the dog, time for a different set of rules to follow
I know that, and you know that, but the CAS makes no distinction between "discipline" and "abuse". If you spank your kid deservedly, they can still pick up the phone and report you, resulting in an interview with a CAS case officer and occasional "drop ins" from said officer, despite you being world's best parent. I understand being a parent aint easy, but government intervention sometimes does more damage than good.

I know that, and you know that, but the CAS makes no distinction between "discipline" and "abuse". If you spank your kid deservedly, they can still pick up the phone and report you, resulting in an interview with a CAS case officer and occasional "drop ins" from said officer, despite you being world's best parent. I understand being a parent aint easy, but government intervention sometimes does more damage than good.
Parenting, starts before a child is big enough to pick up a phone. If you wait until they are that old, you will fail.

I know that, and you know that, but the CAS makes no distinction between "discipline" and "abuse"

ummm... No.
most CPS workers do recognize the difference in spanking/physical punishment, and abuse, whether physical or otherwise.
for many, the distinction is "did you strike out in anger" or did you have your emotions under control and had discussed the problme with the child.

if a CPS worker gets involved, they HAVE to follow up, even if they knoe the complaint was false. you can't blame them for that.

ummm... No.
most CPS workers do recognize the difference in spanking/physical punishment, and abuse, whether physical or otherwise.
for many, the distinction is "did you strike out in anger" or did you have your emotions under control and had discussed the problme with the child.

if a CPS worker gets involved, they HAVE to follow up, even if they knoe the complaint was false. you can't blame them for that.

You said most, I was pointing out that misunderstandings do happen sometimes, perhaps it was with the officers your "most" didn't cover. I'm not looking to place blame, only point out that there are branches of govt that sometimes create an issue where there wasn't one at all. I used the example of the kid drawing a picture of his dad shooting Martians only to have an CAS/police investigation launched against him, taken into custody and stripped searched for a weapon, all without even a scratch on the child, and no actual report of abuse. The gov drops the ball when it comes to the "protection" of our children too.

Edit...immigration minister Jason Kenny just did an interview stating that once a canadian citizen does their time and is released, keeping them out of a particular city or whatever is a violation of their mobility rights, but is in agreement about deporting foreign criminals, which am act is being worked out for that purpose right now apparently. He also made mention of the PM trying to arrange a meet with ford next week, to remind him that he wants the solution to be strengthening the police a court systems to better tackle the gun and gang issue.

Last edited:
"Beatings" MATTER
Kids should have a healthy fear of their parents especially the man. It's a natural order of things in the animal kingdom.

Have you guys seen that show Bubble Wrap Kids?
I was channel surfing and damn, I was like a dear in headlights.
WTF is up with these people. We are in serious trouble on so many levels.
I just feel worry for those kids and wished someone would smack the parents upside the head.

My mom beat me up harder than my dad lol. I think I feared the woman more. Things are different now but it's easy to say kids should get smacked up by their parents for misbehaving but if I had kids I wouldn't dare resort to any violence as a parenting tool not because it can land me in legal trouble but it just seems the easy way out of parenting.

I've seen my youngest uncle who's in with the modern times parent his 2 kids by sitting down, explaining things and reasoning with them. They turned out pretty good with great professional jobs now. Parents just need to spend more times with their kids and do bonding stuff together.

I've seen my youngest uncle who's in with the modern times parent his 2 kids by sitting down, explaining things and reasoning with them. They turned out pretty good with great professional jobs now. Parents just need to spend more times with their kids and do bonding stuff together.

That's interesting. How did he manage to talk reason with a six month old, or a one year old, or a one and a half year old?

That's interesting. How did he manage to talk reason with a six month old, or a one year old, or a one and a half year old?

No **** eh?

Non parents...I just love their advice on raising these perfect fictional children

lol how's a 6 month year old going to shoot up the neighbourhood. Let's smack him up instead to knock some sense into him. You can still talk reason to them even when they're first born. Whether they understand or not is a different story.

lol how's a 6 month year old going to shoot up the neighbourhood. Let's smack him up instead to knock some sense into him. You can still talk reason to them even when they're first born. Whether they understand or not is a different story.

This may be a silly question but do you have any children?

You can still talk reason to them even when they're first born. Whether they understand or not is a different story.
They won't. but a tap on a diapered rear end will get their attention. Let your kids understand from day 1 that YOU are the ultimate authority, not them, and they will respect that. As they get older, the respect they have for you will keep them out of trouble, my kids would be devastated if they thought they were disappointing me. Respect becomes even more of a two way street as they get older, with it comes more freedom and decisions to make on their own. Damn, I should write a book.

Gunfire rang out near in Scarborough, Jane and Finch, and west of the city between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m

It still amazes me how the media still reports things as all of the Scarborough area but never really say things such as North York (Jane and Finch) and where exactly is west of the city? I thought it's all just Toronto now after they amalgamated.

I have heard of that Driftwood street (North York) mention numerous times over the years. One would think they would have one of those Police surveillance camera mounted a pole like they have downtown on Richmond street.

Seems like everyone is carrying a piece now.

Back
Top Bottom