Scarborough shooting | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough shooting

The US has 350 million people living in 50 different states with 50 different sets of laws. Only a fool would use federal US statistics on crime to compare to countries like France or UK, which combined dont even have half the population and one tenth the geographical and economic spread.

Give your head a good shake.

There are tons of comparatives that account for the difference - its called per capita - I'd tell you to shake your head but its obviously empty. :rolleyes:

Tougher gun laws won't make a damn difference! Doesn't anyone watch The First 48?
Every shooter thinks he will get away with it, they don't care about the penalties.
They DO have the death penalty in some parts of USA, it doesn't change the stats.

I'll tell you what would matter, MY DAD!
If i got in the least bit of trouble, my DAD warned me he would make sure i live like a caveman if i didn't follow the rules.
When i came home with something worth 50$, he asked me where the item came from, and how i obtained it.
I threw some crab apples at cars with my friends one night around 13 years old, someone ratted, and i never had a more miserable summer vacation ever, i was begging for school to start.
If he would have found a gun in my room, i would still have a black and blue arse, and i would have gone to some military boarding school in upper Quebec.
The behaviour of many of todays kids is appalling to say the least, no respect, no concept of reality, no guidance and pull up your damn pants man!
So i'm blaming bad parenting first, or the lack of it completely.
Bingo. Kids that are raised properly don't get into this crap. The rest of the kids on the street didn't raise my kids, I did. Straight A students, never in a lick of trouble, respectful. Because I started them off right at an early age, they've been given the freedom to make adult decisions for a long time.

What's that, you live in a crappy area where the rest of the kids are little bastards and up to no good? Move. Do whatever it takes. Make your kids outcome your top priority. Option #2, don't have them if you can't raise them in a decent environment. Have kids, don't let them just happen to you.

This isn't a black, white, brown or whatever issue, it's a ****** parenting issue.

both Agave and Mikbusa nailed it.

Can't repeat it enough. Parenting. Get to the root of the problem at the source, then there won't be any problems.

Guys today are pansies and wimpy types today.
Read the some of the feedback on topics here by guys.
Hell most of them are still living at home at age 25-30.
They are just older teenagers.

Women are doing their job and being the Man to the kids.
If you raise your voice at little Johny/Susie you might end up being reported by the other wimps or your own kids.

This goes for single and dual parent homes too.

Parents NEED TO STOP trying to be your kids friend.
You are NOT their friend. You are their BOSS.

btw- CRIME IS CRIME, color is irrelevant.
Whether it's a black man shooting you or a white man shooting you, that bullet will hurt or kill you the same damn way.
I notice women do not really see race and color as much as they just see a crime. Look at the replies from the women posting here.
I wonder if that stems from the fear and psychology that if they are raped, it is NOT the color but the act/crime that hurts them.

both Agave and Mikbusa nailed it.

Can't repeat it enough. Parenting. Get to the root of the problem at the source, then there won't be any problems.

"Beatings" MATTER
Kids should have a healthy fear of their parents especially the man. It's a natural order of things in the animal kingdom.

Have you guys seen that show Bubble Wrap Kids?
I was channel surfing and damn, I was like a dear in headlights.
WTF is up with these people. We are in serious trouble on so many levels.
I just feel worry for those kids and wished someone would smack the parents upside the head.

We have very effective limitations placed on gun ownership already. The problem is that criminals don't file the necessary forms, nor pass the RCMP security checks.

I highly doubt criminals call the RCMP to declare their transportation of guns, lol

Can't discipline your kids, you wouldn't want the CAS at your door, would you? Ask that white dude the other day who got draped up in system when his kid drew that pic of the gun, then they thought he was hiding a deuce-deuce under his sack. What was it the school principal said, "we have an obligation to ensure the proper parenting of the child?" or something to that effect? Children know they can make one phone call and you've got the cops at your front door making accusations of "overly disciplining" your own kid. Parenting maybe a piece of the solution, but the government doesn't think we can do that ourselves either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

There are tons of comparatives that account for the difference - its called per capita - I'd tell you to shake your head but its obviously empty. :rolleyes:

Per capita assumes an even and average population and equal laws across 350 million people and 50 states!!!

Stop posting please. You're completely out of your element.

Per capita assumes an even and average population and equal laws across 350 million people and 50 states!!!

Stop posting please. You're completely out of your element.

Actually no per capita doesn't assume anything about the law, it's a formulaic statistical observance that allows comparison between countries of differing populations via a ratio calculation of per person. Differing laws in 50 states has nothing to do with a per capita comparison of number of deaths by use of a firearm. If I should stop posting because I'm out of my element then you should stop posting for being a d**che but that doesn't seem to stop you.

Actually no per capita doesn't assume anything about the law, it's a formulaic statistical observance that allows comparison between countries of differing populations via a ratio calculation of per person. Differing laws in 50 states has nothing to do with a per capita comparison of number of deaths by use of a firearm. If I should stop posting because I'm out of my element then you should stop posting for being a d**che but that doesn't seem to stop you.

Clueless!

There are more people living in poverty in the US than the entire population of France... Just to state ONE of a million variables your dumb argument is overlooking.

Correlation != causation

The comparative crime rates have nothing to do with gun laws.

Can't discipline your kids, you wouldn't want the CAS at your door, would you? Ask that white dude the other day who got draped up in system when his kid drew that pic of the gun, then they thought he was hiding a deuce-deuce under his sack. What was it the school principal said, "we have an obligation to ensure the proper parenting of the child?" or something to that effect? Children know they can make one phone call and you've got the cops at your front door making accusations of "overly disciplining" your own kid. Parenting maybe a piece of the solution, but the government doesn't think we can do that ourselves either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5jlrxcpkI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is why we have a problem, guys like you have alot of useless answers, and no solutions.

I'll tell you how to solve the CAS / discipline problem right now, and i have proof this will work.

My friends son tried to pull some bullcrap like this, saying he would make something up and have his dad arrested if he tried to punish him.
Solution> Dad proceeds directly to the boys room, removes every item except his school clothes and the bed.
Proceeds to garage and shed, removes all possessions of boy, packs the whole load into the car and delivers it to storage.
Kitchen was cleaned out except for the bare necessities, food portioning plan in effect. No fancy foods, just the basics.

Speech as follows> This is what the group home will be like that the Gov will send you to.
We'll live like this for one week while you stay home and do schoolwork, or read a book i guess.
Next week we will have this discussion again and see if your opinion changes.

End of lesson. :book:

This is why we have a problem, guys like you have alot of useless answers, and no solutions.

I'll tell you how to solve the CAS / discipline problem right now, and i have proof this will work.

My friends son tried to pull some bullcrap like this, saying he would make something up and have his dad arrested if he tried to punish him.
Solution> Dad proceeds directly to the boys room, removes every item except his school clothes and the bed.
Proceeds to garage and shed, removes all possessions of boy, packs the whole load into the car and delivers it to storage.
Kitchen was cleaned out except for the bare necessities, food portioning plan in effect. No fancy foods, just the basics.

Speech as follows> This is what the group home will be like that the Gov will send you to.
We'll live like this for one week while you stay home and do schoolwork, or read a book i guess.
Next week we will have this discussion again and see if your opinion changes.

End of lesson. :book:

He forgot to add the older kids that will pick on him and beat him up:D

Your point is baseless and nonsensical. Anybody who takes crime or murder rates between different countries and then points a finger at gun laws as being the cause is a re_ _ _ d.

He forgot to add the older kids that will pick on him and beat him up:D

I was trying to keep the story short for the simple people.
But you got the right idea. :D

Clueless!

There are more people living in poverty in the US than the entire population of France... Just to state ONE of a million variables your dumb argument is overlooking.

Correlation != causation

Just give it up man. She just doesn't understand what she writes.

Clueless!

Correlation != causation

yougottold.gif

Back
Top Bottom