Scarborough shooting | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough shooting

Shouldn't u have made a better sniper than a medic?

I have astigmatism in my right eye (and I happen to be more comfortable shooting right handed, despite my left eye being the dominant one) so I couldn't even medically be considered for it. But, despite my target being blurry I some how compensate and do pretty good.

The boys like finding out the medic can shoot since most of us can't.

I've been to the range when cops were training. I expected them all to be proficient and comfortable with their firearms... but it was 50/50. Quite startling.

The fact is that a lot of them don't consider guns a large part of their job at all. They do the bare minimum to requalify properly (which is very little) and they leave their guns holstered and generally don't count on having to ever use them. Perhaps statistically this is true, but to me it's absurd.

Training and qualifying once a year are two different things tho.

In DND the minimum is once a year with a passing score. If they fail they re-shoot and if they fail they re-shoot. I'm not sure you can get booted for failing but you would piss off the administration by having to coach you at what should be your skill.... eventually it could be cause to kick you if you annoy them in other ways....

The police use the same qualification sytem no?

Check once a year to see if they can pass a sidearm and a C8 shoot.

Play tazeyerbuddy and maceyerbuddy.

Wrestle simulated drunks and beat simulated protestors.

Done, seeya next year?

:)

I have astigmatism in my right eye (and I happen to be more comfortable shooting right handed, despite my left eye being the dominant one) so I couldn't even medically be considered for it. But, despite my target being blurry I some how compensate and do pretty good.

The boys like finding out the medic can shoot since most of us can't.

My daughter kinda has the same problem. She is left eye dominent and shoots right handed. Pretty weird watching her shoot her rifle.

A friend of mine did a few rotations in the Toronto ERs and got to know some of the cops pretty well ("regulars"). He asked a couple that had brought in gang guys that had been shot if they were worried about being shot themselves.

They said that the gang guys never hit what they are shooting at, the gun is usually sideways and there head turned the other way (looking away from where they are shooting). So the cops may be a bad shot but the gang guys are usually much worse.

lol

sideways_gun_sight.jpg

My daughter kinda has the same problem. She is left eye dominent and shoots right handed. Pretty weird watching her shoot her rifle.

I'm right eye dominant, actually I can't see out of my left eye which is why they won't let me join the military, and shoot left handed.

Same issue here. Should have been left-handed, but had a teacher who whacked me on the hand if I picked up a pen in my left. Fortunately I haven't really needed to shoot a rifle in years and cameras don't kick.

I still use my right eye... No idea how I could contort my head and neck to use my left eye and still have everything line up.

Training and qualifying once a year are two different things tho.

In DND the minimum is once a year with a passing score. If they fail they re-shoot and if they fail they re-shoot. I'm not sure you can get booted for failing but you would piss off the administration by having to coach you at what should be your skill.... eventually it could be cause to kick you if you annoy them in other ways....

The police use the same qualification sytem no?

Check once a year to see if they can pass a sidearm and a C8 shoot.

Play tazeyerbuddy and maceyerbuddy.

Wrestle simulated drunks and beat simulated protestors.

Done, seeya next year?

:)
I know a few people that struggle just to pass. Half the time, the range officers have no clue how to shoot and attempt to "instruct". I've had to tell a few to shut up and let me shoot. I'm sure that's part of the issue some people can't seem to figure it out.

2 million dollars eh?

“Our intent is not to over-police our communities, our intent is to overprotect them,” he said.

This guy cant be serious

The claim is that investigating something like the barbecue shooting will cost roughly $1M, so preventing 2 such events will see this pay for itself. I have to wonder about their accounting practices.

As your typical neoliberal anti I have to tell you that we need to start licensing knife ownership and create a kitchen knife registry. That's what I got from that news story :cool:

Or pass a psych exam

As your typical neoliberal anti I have to tell you that we need to start licensing knife ownership and create a kitchen knife registry. That's what I got from that news story :cool:

But if it saves just one child...............

Write a test

give three references

do a phone interview

pay admin and license fee

wait 1 month

call to see whats up

wait another week

Knives.

I'm down with that, but we should do the same with other dangerous weapons including sporks :eek:

Whatever became of this?

Back
Top Bottom