Scarborough shooting | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scarborough shooting

Excuses, check. Downplaying, check. A shooting in a neighbourhood you've probably only seen thru google earth has ur ire but a dude with bombs and another shooting up a movie theatre which I have to assume was full of gang bangers and they have your, what can I call it, defense I guess? I brought up the issue of race to show that we got our problems, u got yours. One isn't more heinous than the next. The point is the is no "usual suspects" anymore. A white kid can shoot up a project as easily as a black kid. A black kid could shoot up a theatre as easy as a white kid. You chose to keep discussing this problem as a "black problem" when it is in fact a problem for anyone and everyone. Remember I started this out by saying I made a sarcastically biased statement, I was meant to see who the first would be to jump all over it, and thank god the first two I had in mind were all over it like flies on s**t. You represent a train o thought that has kept anyone from making any real progress on change for years. You spout the same ideas that time and time again prove futile, but make it seem like no one has tried your ideas. We cannot stand divided and hope that black people will get their **** together or white people will get their's together, we have to fight this together. If me and you were both standing on the street corner when shots rang out, do u think the shooter would care if ur from Burlington and I'm from Ajax? Weve tried your ways, I've suggested bringing back beat cops, you tell me how my people don't want beat cops and will say that's racist, your telling that to a black man whos lived in ghettos most his life so I can't see how that's possible since im the one asking. I suggested taking SRO officers from the high schools and placing them in the high activity areas around the schools, seeing as how they see the neighbourhood kids all day they can more easily identify problem children, and backfill their positions with new officers to get to know the students. It may not work, but it's an original idea that nobody else brought up. What have you brought to the table? You only have something to say when it comes to turning a debate into an argument. That's fine, cuz really what's a forum with controversy, and what's freedom without freedom of opinion, but not everyone feels the way you do, some of us were actually hoping that people would actually try to suggest real original solutions, but I guess from a group of people whose hobby and sport in life requires 100 percent mental focus and judgement at all times I was askin for too much. You've even gone to a point of berating actual cops who want to do their job and help but have people online telling them how they'll never call them(which is your right) or theyll never show up on time, well if I was a cop being treated like that by more than one person I may have some sort of resentment too.

LOL who the F is downplaying the theater massacre? I'm here saying that its much WORSE than the gang shootings...but you've got your race-glasses on and can't comprehend what Im saying.

You chose to keep discussing this problem as a "black problem"

Show me where in this thread I made ANY reference to race. I'll wait.

LOL who the F is downplaying the theater massacre? I'm here saying that its much WORSE than the gang shootings...but you've got your race-glasses on and can't comprehend what Im saying.

No idea. Buddy is just making things up as he goes along then embellishing the crap out of it. Stream of Consciousness fiction?

You've got serious problems buddy. So far you're the only one playing the race card constantly.

Gangsters killing eachother is better for the general public than lunatics shooting up theaters. I have no idea how or why you'd spin that statement into a racial thing.

U haven't proved gangster are killing each other. From the OP, no gangsters were killed in this situation, or much any other major shooting played out in the media, its usually bystanders, otherwise there would be no critisism of their aim. However a dude stepped to a theatre and wanted to kill everybody!! So clearly nobody's doin nothin to help nobody, which is why I keep asking for new suggestions and keep trying to put some of my own and contribute but no one seems to want to start change, only commentate. There's only interest when there's something controversial to refute. Otherwise somebody would have criticized my idea about the SRO and offered more than the usual blacks hate cops cop-out when I said bring cops back to the street.

Last edited:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm always amused when rather than contribute to the debate in some meaningful way someone desperately resorts to personal insults.

Obviously you're not saying that flinging insults makes you the adult, are you? If you are the adult here, why don't you straighten out my fallacies in the comparison? Here I'll help you understand since you seem to have a hard time. A gun cannot kill a person without a shooter, similarly a car cannot kill a person without an operator. (Yes we all know there are those rare instances when a car is left in gear and rolls out of a drive way and strikes a pedestrian by chance, just like there are those rare instances when a gun might go off and the bullet might strike someone... but we're not talking about those anomalies.)

A gun cannot kill a person without a shooter, similarly a car cannot kill a person without an operator.

This is like saying drunk driving doesn't kill people - cars do

This I agree with, however this conflicts with your first post.

Stevex seems to understand it just fine, you still seem to have some trouble.

U haven't proved gangster are killing each other. From the OP, no gangsters were killed in this situation, or much any other major shooting played out in the media, its usually bystanders, otherwise there would be no critisism of their aim. However a dude stepped to a theatre and wanted to kill everybody!! So clearly nobody's doin nothin to help nobody, which is why I keep asking for new suggestions and keep trying to put some of my own and contribute but no one seems to want to start change, only commentate. There's only interest when there's something controversial to refute. Otherwise somebody would have criticized my idea about the SRO and offered more than the usual blacks hate cops cop-out when I said bring cops back to the street.

lol nobody wants to 'start change' :lol:

Yes you're definitely THE CHOSEN ONE. The highly enlightened one who will end crime.. It only took 6000 years but you're finally here. Hallelujah!

lol nobody wants to 'start change' :lol:

Yes you're definitely THE CHOSEN ONE. The highly enlightened one who will end crime.. It only took 6000 years but you're finally here. Hallelujah!

If I choose to live my life with faith in god an u notice, well thanks I guess. If recognizing that our methods for dealing with these situations is not working is "enlightened" than sure, thanks for that too.

Mayor ford is asking the prime minister to "banish or deport" individuals charged in gun crimes from Toronto. Ya, the PM's all over that one. Where to banish to, Peterborough? Where do you deport a Canadian citizen to, Iqualuit?

Has it occurred to you that he may not have been talking about Canadian citizens?

Landed immigrants and refugees who commit crimes should most definitely be kicked out of Canada! Its a superb idea.

Has it occurred to you that he may not have been talking about Canadian citizens?

Landed immigrants and refugees who commit crimes should most definitely be kicked out of Canada! Its a superb idea.

But only works if the majority of crime is proven to be caused by landed immigrants and refugees. More than likely since its youths we're talking about odds are they're natural born Canadian citizens. Look how many people violate deportation orders, and more often it's hard working families getting the boot, not the criminals. What to stop them from returning to TO after "banishment", it's not like TO is a gated community. Hell you can't even keep banished members off GTAM on the 'net, how do u expect legislation to keep them out of a whole city?

Last edited:
If I choose to live my life with faith in god an u notice, well thanks I guess. If recognizing that our methods for dealing with these situations is not working is "enlightened" than sure, thanks for that too.

Mayor ford is asking the prime minister to "banish or deport" individuals charged in gun crimes from Toronto. Ya, the PM's all over that one. Where to banish to, Peterborough? Where do you deport a Canadian citizen to, Iqualuit?

And i think anyone who would even consider what Rob Ford is saying has merit, is an even bigger idiot than Rob Ford is - regardless of the race, creed, or color of the gun toting thugs in Scarborough.

You stated that "I brought up the issue of race to show that we got our problems, u got yours." WRONG. Regardless of whom is doing the shooting and where, it's ALL of our problems, as a society to deal with collectively. Race, creed or color is irrelevant. There is no "we and u".. just Us.

But only works if the majority of crime is proven to be caused by landed immigrants and refugees. More than likely since its youths we're talking about odds are they're natural born Canadian citizens.

It works on an individual basis.

It works on an individual basis.

Let's say theres ten shootings, 1 was cause by a landed immigrant. Does deporting him makes us "10% safer"? But I don't have the numbers. If you have proof that it's landed immigrants I'll gladly say deport them too, they're killing citizens they don't deserve to be here, but I still want it proved first, and I personally know of ppl who come back multiple times after being deported. Money still talks...

Let's say theres ten shootings, 1 was cause by a landed immigrant. Does deporting him makes us "10% safer"? But I don't have the numbers. If you have proof that it's landed immigrants I'll gladly say deport them too, they're killing citizens they don't deserve to be here, but I still want it proved first, and I personally know of ppl who come back multiple times after being deported. Money still talks...

For a guy who wants change you sure seem critical of ideas to help get us there. 10% is 10%.

If a shooter is caught and convicted, and he's a migrant without citizenship, he gets sent back to whatever place he came from. If he comes back, he gets life in prison automatically, no parole.

Well maybe they could institute some sort of peace bond - restraining order where if you are convicted of any gang/organized crime you cannot go to the city where you committed the crime either ever for for a certain period of time after you get out. Maybe even have it so you cannot live within 100 KM. Make it part of the sentence.

The logic might be, if you cannot go to that specific city you cannot get back with your old crew...

Now obviously cities are not walled so people can come and go without being checked. How it could work though, it will be a PITA because you cannot have any ID, welfare, checks, job, whatever going though the city, in fact your legal residence must be more than 100KM away (if they do that). If you get stopped in a routine check or traffic stop, Use your credit card, etc....., well now they have something to hold you on (breaking the location bond), back to jail you go.

I do not see this as racist BTW, since it should apply to all organized and/or gun crime (street gangs, biker gangs, mafia, etc.). I see possible charter issues but just make it a mandatory part of the criminal sentence, sort of X years in jail and X years location bond as part of the probation. It is all part of the punishment.

There could be a system where if mommy is dieing you can apply to have the bond lifted for a visit...

If of course the person is not a citizen just kick them out the day they walk out of the jail or court.

Benefit will be repeat offenders that get off with a hand slap the first time. Light jail time but you cannot go back....

Last edited:
For a guy who wants change you sure seem critical of ideas to help get us there. 10% is 10%.

If a shooter is caught and convicted, and he's a migrant without citizenship, he gets sent back to whatever place he came from. If he comes back, he gets life in prison automatically, no parole.

I'm only critical to create further discussion. As I said if it were proven that most crime was cause by immigrants, than I agreed with your idea of deportation as a whole solution, but deporting one still leaves us with nine mf's with nines, and no solution presented for those nine.

How about another idea I put out there and got not a response for, in conjunction with your idea of deportation of landed immigrants and refugees, maybe as punishment for natural citizens.... 10 years for the gun, automatically, one for every bullet in the gun, and two for every bullet fired. With most semi automatics, what do they hold, like 15? Then put whatever other charges they got on top of that? That would put them away for a pretty long time, no? Would that not serve as deterant to anyone who'd want to pull a gun?

Another question, what keeps these cities that the mayor wants criminals "banished" to, from goin to the PM and telling him that stay puff marshmallow mayor is crazy if he thinks he can download criminals into our backyard? Wouldn't the PM face some sort of political backlash from a decision like that?

We'd need more prisons and tougher judges. Unfortunately every time these ideas are suggested (by conservatives mostly) they're blasted in the media by liberals and NDPers.

Last time Harper wanted more prisons, the liberals said he wants to lock our children up! Its asinine.

Can't we build like one of those super prisons somewhere in the NWT, preferably somewhere -30 in the sun. I think prisons here are way too comfy for the crimes that put the criminals there. Don't we have a polical party that believes in punishing criminals and protecting us? Sorry to say but I'm not really knowledgable in government party politics, i dont know their platforms the way one should, but I know we're getting shot at under a conservative government right now, I don't recall the liberals or the ndp being particularly tough on crime either.

Edit, sorry I read your post wrong, the conservatives are the ones tough on crime? Crap we're screwed, the other two will never let them have their way out of sheer spite. I guess change starts at the ballot box with us. We've found our root cause, but to get the right people in there to change things. How to make the govt notice, maybe a gangster will shoot somebody outside the PMO

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom