fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

I have to listen to stupid sheeple talk about selling their vehicle to get a smaller one. So they take thousands of dollars in depreciation costs and reduced trade-in values for their gas guzzler all to save $500 a year in gas, and pay more in loan interest and full-coverage insurance premiums.

LOL yea I was looking into this and the cost of a new car would eclipse the current maintenance and fueling costs of my currently paid off gas guzzling car. Unless I go for a Honda Fit or something...but who in their right mind would trade in a Subaru for a goddamn base model honda fit?

I can't help but laugh at people that will drive 20 minutes across town then wait in line to get gas for $5c/L cheaper...

LOL yea I was looking into this and the cost of a new car would eclipse the current maintenance and fueling costs of my currently paid off gas guzzling car. Unless I go for a Honda Fit or something...but who in their right mind would trade in a Subaru for a goddamn base model honda fit?

Even if you got a Fit, if you do any highway driving you'd probably end up getting around the same mileage as a subaru. I had a Fit, and it got the worst gas mileage of any car ive ever owned, about 20mpg on the highway. I was doing 50km one way to work, 401 during off hours, average speed around 120kmh. Ended up costing around 60 dollars a week in gas, total KM around 500-600. That thing was gutless as hell too, wouldnt even chirp the tires in the rain. The only good part of the fit was the cornering, even though you didnt have any feeling to it because of all the electronics, it held corners like it was on rails. But in the winter it was ****, it would spin the tires at every stop light and it was the only car i ever actually lost control of on the road (left the tire tracks during a snow storm, couldnt for the life of me get the car back under control... ended up doing a controlled stop about 3 inches from the median. Scary as hell). Oh and the storage was nice, i actually once got a couch into it, just like the commercial lol.

As big a fan of Hondas as i am, i wouldnt consider buying another Fit. I ended up taking the Fit back after a year, and replaced it with an 89 civic hatch, which got around 50mpg and was way more fun to drive because everything in it was manual (steering, windows, no ABS, etc). Also only cost me 1000 bucks and i drove it for 4 years with no maintenance. Id still be driving it but it wont pass an etest.

As for gas prices... im ready. My little bike gets about 100mpg :) Last time gas prices were around this level it cost me 4.50 a week to run that bike, average KM per week was about 300. Perfect commuter vehicle.

I can't help but laugh at people that will drive 20 minutes across town then wait in line to get gas for $5c/L cheaper...

For most ppl lots of gas stations are en-route "to and from" work.
Unless of course those ppl who live in the stix

As big a fan of Hondas as i am, i wouldnt consider buying another Fit. I ended up taking the Fit back after a year, and replaced it with an 89 civic hatch

Those were damn good cars! If I could find a 1990 si hatch in good condition I'd drive the crap out of it. :thumbup:

Pretty ridiculous. It was 120.1 in Peterborough today, but ended up driving all the way up to Kitchener and back. Gas was 133.8 in the Toronto and Kitchener region, jesus. Peterborough might be the biggest retirement home in all of Canada with ****** drivers, but at least they got decent gas. The fact that I call that decent gas is still horrible, this summer is going to be brutal.

no one was suppose to buy gas April15 to make a statement, on the 14th is was 126, now its 134, u attempt to protest in Canada, they just make u pay for money

no one was suppose to buy gas April15 to make a statement, on the 14th is was 126, now its 134, u attempt to protest in Canada, they just make u pay for money

You can protest gas all you want, it's the stupidest idea ever. They KNOW people need gas, so by increasing the cost the next day, when everyone is going dry, they make even more money.

You can protest gas all you want, it's the stupidest idea ever. They KNOW people need gas, so by increasing the cost the next day, when everyone is going dry, they make even more money.

yep i dont even doubt it, everyone should just get 250s for the summer $20 for the full tank/400kms. LOL

why do people talk about fuel economy in MPG and at the same time talk about speed in km/h?? Isnt this Greater Toronto Area Motorcycle? My drz 400 gets 15km to the litre.

why do people talk about fuel economy in MPG and at the same time talk about speed in km/h?? Isnt this Greater Toronto Area Motorcycle? My drz 400 gets 15km to the litre.

the proper metric fuel consumption measurement is L/100km

I know it is...and the proper way to start a sentence is with a capital letter, right? but as long as your writing in English it doesnt really matter here, right?

the proper metric fuel consumption measurement is L/100km

Last edited:
99% of the public do not understand that it is not the lack of supply or tensions in the middle east that causing oil to rise. It's the money printing by central bankers that causing oil/food/everything else to go up.

lol.

Back
Top Bottom