fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

Seeing as HST was 'encouraged' by the federal Conservatives can I assume you won't be voting for them either?

Seeing as how the provincial government and federal government are parties in opposition and McCreepy still gets to do what he wants...unless he's a conservative puppet...oh right...yes, he must be that.

End of the day, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the exponentially increasing costs of dredging fuel out of the ground. No sir.

I'm buying a bicycle this spring and gonna try commuting to work with it. Save on gas and get my lazy *** in shape.

^^ Agreed...i've been contemplating the same thing....but with a twist...get some batteries or something on there for assist.

maybe do up one of thoe recumbent bikes with fairings and then sneak a small gas engine on it? lol. "whats that officer? you heard a noise? oh that was me farting....had beans last night..."

I'm buying a bicycle this spring and gonna try commuting to work with it. Save on gas and get my lazy *** in shape.

You must be close to work. I'm atleast 20km away so it won't work for me :(

That and the thought of showing full of sweating isn't the most appealing thing. Especially those hot hot summer days.

^^ Agreed...i've been contemplating the same thing....but with a twist...get some batteries or something on there for assist.

maybe do up one of thoe recumbent bikes with fairings and then sneak a small gas engine on it? lol. "whats that officer? you heard a noise? oh that was me farting....had beans last night..."

E-bike.

Seeing as how the provincial government and federal government are parties in opposition and McCreepy still gets to do what he wants...unless he's a conservative puppet...oh right...yes, he must be that.

All provinces were encouraged by the federal conservatives to adopt HST. Some provinces did some didn't. It has nothing to do with being a puppet. McGuinty made the decision to go ahead with it on his own accord. The point I was making is you can't blame the liberals as the conservatives think the HST is a good idea also. Of course it was only after the provincial cons saw the backlash that they started to be against it.

HST is not a Liberal party policy. And because you hate the HST so much I can only assume you won't be voting for the party that was pushing it on the provinces (Federal Cons).

You must be close to work. I'm atleast 20km away so it won't work for me :(

That and the thought of showing full of sweating isn't the most appealing thing. Especially those hot hot summer days.

My new job is only 8.4 km from home. I almost don't have any excuse *not* to try it out. But yeah, I'm not sure what to do about showing up all sweaty. Not to mention, Mississauga isn't exactly very bicycle-friendly. I have a feeling I'd chicken out and stick to the sidewalks.

My new job is only 8.4 km from home. I almost don't have any excuse *not* to try it out. But yeah, I'm not sure what to do about showing up all sweaty. Not to mention, Mississauga isn't exactly very bicycle-friendly. I have a feeling I'd chicken out and stick to the sidewalks.

That's not too bad. Depending on when you start if you go early enough in the morning you should be ok. After 8am you can forget it you'll sweat like a pig. Have you considered getting those sport shirts that soak up the sweat like crazy? It really helps. Change of clothes, wipes and lots of deodorant you should be stink free.

Keep in mind that cycling opens up a lot of routes to you that aren't available to drivers, like park paths, alleyways, parking lots and and yes,sidewalks. Just give way to pedestrians. They are a lot more unpredictable than drivers so give them a lot of room.

At work just give yourself a bird bath, put on a fresh shirt and deodorant and you should be fine.

All provinces were encouraged by the federal conservatives to adopt HST. Some provinces did some didn't. It has nothing to do with being a puppet. McGuinty made the decision to go ahead with it on his own accord. The point I was making is you can't blame the liberals as the conservatives think the HST is a good idea also. Of course it was only after the provincial cons saw the backlash that they started to be against it.

HST is not a Liberal party policy. And because you hate the HST so much I can only assume you won't be voting for the party that was pushing it on the provinces (Federal Cons).

So what you're saying is, the Liberals had the full option NOT to proceed, yet elected to do so...and they are not to blame...ok. Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I could keep up with this logic you've put forth. It's really quite fascinating.

I'm voting Green. I hear they support motorcycles.

Keep in mind that cycling opens up a lot of routes to you that aren't available to drivers, like park paths, alleyways, parking lots and and yes,sidewalks. Just give way to pedestrians. They are a lot more unpredictable than drivers so give them a lot of room.

At work just give yourself a bird bath, put on a fresh shirt and deodorant and you should be fine.

I'd guess you'd really have to plan your route out. I could have sworn I've seen more than a couple parks around Mississauga with a no cyclists sign.

Actually riding on the sidewalk with tires 24" or bigger can (and should) lead to a ticket

Actually riding on the sidewalk with tires 24" or bigger can (and should) lead to a ticket

Yup, yet some cycling paths are only accessible by sidewalk. Not everything has been perfectly thought out to accommodate cyclists like they've done for cars, and fortunately enforcement seems to be just as spotty.

$1.30 a litre = brutal. As an owner of a motorcycle and an F-150...luckily the riding season is almost here. Bike for the win.

So what you're saying is, the Liberals had the full option NOT to proceed, yet elected to do so...and they are not to blame...ok. Gotcha. Just wanted to make sure I could keep up with this logic you've put forth. It's really quite fascinating.

I'm voting Green. I hear they support motorcycles.

What is fascinating is your inability to comprehend what I've said and the point I am making. Are you trying to be obtuse? I didn't say Liberals weren't to blame, I am saying that the Liberals weren't the only ones to blame.

Just as in this thread people are blaming the Liberals for HTA172 when ALL parties supported it.

I am not absolving any single person from blame but pointing out that their are many more to share the blame on these things which relates to your original post where you put blame on a single person. If the conservatives were in power we would have ended up with HST anyway.

Great...another stupid politics thread. Pointless.

The point I was making is you can't blame the liberals as the conservatives think the HST is a good idea also. Of course it was only after the provincial cons saw the backlash that they started to be against it.

You quite clearly did not say what you are claiming you did. You have retconned your argument to create an argument you didn't state in the first place.

The PROVINCIAL government CHOSE to do this in spite of public opinion poll of 74% AGAINST the tax. I'm seriously questioning who the obtuse one is smart guy.

If you had elected to state, you can't blame ONLY the liberals, you might have had a leg to stand on.

And all I have said, is if you want to change it, do what the people of BC have done and try to make actual change.

P.S. Gas prices suck. Ride a bike.

Last edited:
If and when I buy a car, it's going to have to be a small displacement engine like a 1.8L non turbo charged or a diesel.

Chevy Cruze has a 1350cc direct-injection mill that pumps out 138 hp and even more torque. They also have a Cruze Eco model that is lighter and less draggy, though assuming an average gas price of $1.50/L you'd have to drive about 24 000 km per year in the automatic or 32 000 km per year in the manual to recoup the extra cost of the Eco model in fuel savings.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom