fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

Definitely not that many "oh it's such a nice day I'll go out ride and get lost" rides. Probably more of just go to work and back.

Diesel= $1.25/litre.
600 kms, 90 litres.
15L / 100 kms.....two fill ups a week....My fuel is now more expensive than my mortgage.

There's gonna be some flooring customers with higher rates this year I am afraid,LOL

It's up to 1.29 right now:( Why is it so expencive here. Was in the States last week and it was under $4 a gallon. That's under $1 per L!!! WTF

It's up to 1.29 right now:( Why is it so expencive here. Was in the States last week and it was under $4 a gallon. That's under $1 per L!!! WTF

It's all the percentage based taxes...everytime the fuel companies raise prices, the percentages become a larger and larger absolute number.

A neighbor actually knocked on my door last evening to tell me this and suggest I take my vehicles to fill them all up!?

Then I watched him take his two vehicles back to back over to the gas station...

I wonder how long he sat in the line-ups with his engine running... to save what.... $2.00 a tank.

The GF whines about gas prices occasionally.... and when she does, I always suggest that we can sell all our vehicles and buy some hyundai accents, Fiestas or something similar.... Her last reply...`F___ No`...

A neighbor actually knocked on my door last evening to tell me this and suggest I take my vehicles to fill them all up!?

Then I watched him take his two vehicles back to back over to the gas station...

I wonder how long he sat in the line-ups with his engine running... to save what.... $2.00 a tank.

The GF whines about gas prices occasionally.... and when she does, I always suggest that we can sell all our vehicles and buy some hyundai accents, Fiestas or something similar.... Her last reply...`F___ No`...

The Fiesta is a really cool car (and I mean it). Ironically, its best quality is a weakness: the problem is the size, too frigging small. And expensive.
The one I saw on the showroom last week was $19,000 + options = $21,000 plus PDI, plus taxes, plus taxes, etc.
The new Focus is a better buy, for $22,000 plus taxes you get a bigger and better looking car.

Same with the accent, the new Elantra is so much better.

Me? I am currently shopping for a '11 Ford Flex, Nissan Quest, or Sienna.
Is the price of gas going to change my plans? Yes, because I can wait... chances are I will delay my purchase until the fall or winter.
Or check the Honda minivan, it is supposed to be more fuel efficient. But Honda has the most expensive finance rate right now, so I wasn't considering it...

Oil Companies have the public trained..... before fuel was .70/ltr they jumped it to .90/ltr the pulic ranted.. did nothing.... then they drop it down to .80/ltr.. and we shut up....
Next year... .80/ltr jumped to 1.10/ltr public ranted again... but did nothing..... they drop it down to 1.00/ltr and we shut up...
The market is allowing the increases.. so they will continue to spike the price and drop a bit till the public stops them..
The Gov't won't stop them election contributions, plus % based taxes...
Until Canadians get a backbone, keep KY jelly stock so It doesn't hurt so much...

oh good. the problem doesn't exist then

My BW50 gets 130mpg and i can fill the tank with change i find in the couch. If people really wanted to minimize how much money they spent on gas.. they'd be buying a scooter.

It exists, I'm just not paying for all of it...at the moment...but I will pay eventually.

+1 to the problem. Vote with your wallet this fall and get McCreepy out of provincial office.

Seeing as HST was 'encouraged' by the federal Conservatives can I assume you won't be voting for them either?

My BW50 gets 130mpg and i can fill the tank with change i find in the couch. If people really wanted to minimize how much money they spent on gas.. they'd be buying a scooter.
Exactly. The 5c increase doesn't add a whole lot to the price of gas for my weeber125 either.

My van has a 100 Litre tank. 450 km per tank.

Sucks. :(

P1060980.jpg

Just went to Buffalo and filled up for 3.89 a gallon for medium grade....ahem...lemme do some math for ya...thats dollar a liter for 89 octane where as here today its $1.39 a liter...

soooo.....40c difference across the border...

My bike gets 83mpg when I cruise at a 90km/h. :D

Drops to 64mpg when I go up to 120km/h.

Not bad for 800cc. :)

Last edited:
its about time you guys felt my pain, i had to get rid of my truck when gas hit $1.20 in october...its only $1.33 today :D

Back
Top Bottom