fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

If they want some fat guy action they can create their own french fry car and troll the streets.

Fat ppl need loving too...
its really sad whats going on with oil prices...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ca...qM5hZhb6QzLDF0XbdBMywdpX4tH9S6A?docId=6599364

oil supply at an all time high, and demand at an all time low... prices driven by investor speculation, nothing more.

The same thing is happening with the price of wheat, corn, etc...

bullshi

I hear ya man.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ca...qM5hZhb6QzLDF0XbdBMywdpX4tH9S6A?docId=6599364

oil supply at an all time high, and demand at an all time low... prices driven by investor speculation, nothing more.

bullshi

OPEC couldn't raise production if it wanted to.

And if you really believe that speculation has driven up the costs of commodities without any analytical basis then you should hedge against them then sit back and wait for your big payday.

I think it's the self-righteous attitude of the owners to be honest..no offence, although that might sound hollow! :) Also I think they're a bit worried about cost of battery ownership, it's a bit of an unknown at this point. And I also think you'd get better real-world mileage out of a TDI Golf. I have no problem with the look of the Prius either..it's a fine car if you ask me. I do wonder where all those battery packs will end up one day though..

Yes, you did.

I am agreeing to what he said about the cost of battery and where the battery packs will end up. Read my post carefully instead of trying to find fault in my posts :evil3:

I believe he means that it's not meant to be a cheap car, it's meant to save money over the life-cycle of the vehicle. At current gas prices, that's a dubious believe I think. However, as gas goes up, the chance of saving money on the whole does increase..

No, by frugal I was referring to it's design purpose of using very little gas. Whether it saves money or not over any given time frame is irrelevant. Some people are willing to pay more to use less gas.

No, by frugal I was referring to it's design purpose of using very little gas. Whether it saves money or not over any given time frame is irrelevant. Some people are willing to pay more to use less gas.

I have the feeling you are just arguing because u just want to, not to resolve anything. U must be one lonely old man

bullshi

This is currency cost push inflation. The Gov wants to blame speculators for the rising cost of commodities when this is purely related to capital destruction by the US Fed. As worthless paper continues to flood the system the purchasing power of the debased currency is eroded. Since all commodities are based in USD the purchasing power of the said currency is declining, therefore more paper is reqired to purchase the same amount of goods. QE3 is a sure bet so you can expect further inflation in the furture. Money flows out of paper into assets.

If this were true wouldnt the price of everything rise along with gas at the same rate?

Cost of energy to goods ratios vary depending on the percentage and type of energy used to produce or transport the fininshed product to consumers.

99% of the public do not understand that it is NOT the lack of supply or tensions in the middle east that causing oil to rise. It's the money printing by central bankers that causing oil/food/everything else to go up.

hehehe, Why are you buying all the oil? and, wheat, corn, cotton, rubber, coffee, beef, sugar, coconut oil, soya beans, tin, silver gold...etc. Leave some for me, especially coffee, Nabob is up 60% since the fall. Sell some coffee beans will ya!! The list

The sheeple are becoming restless, but still have that goldfish look on their face. There can't be inflation because the banks aren't loaning out the money to consumers, HAHAHA, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes when I read that a while back, like the line, this is just a normal business cycle, hahaha surprise surprise sheeple.

How you bin Blue? I know Link is good hehe ay Link? Whoda known this was goin to happen? I don't understand why we have inflation when the economy is in a death spiral.

Take care Guys!! Buy a 250 to offset the operating cost hahahaha

This is currency cost push inflation. The Gov wants to blame speculators for the rising cost of commodities when this is purely related to capital destruction by the US Fed. As worthless paper continues to flood the system the purchasing power of the debased currency is eroded. Since all commodities are based in USD the purchasing power of the said currency is declining, therefore more paper is reqired to purchase the same amount of goods. QE3 is a sure bet so you can expect further inflation in the furture. Money flows out of paper into assets.

Interesting point, never thought about that. Although, shouldn't the higher relative value of the cdn dollar vs the American dollar offset the higher inflationary prices of oil. I.e. If oil is costing more US dollars bc US dollars are worth less bc of inflation, when we buy the oil using cdn dollars we should be paying the same or similar amount since 1 cdn dollar will now be worth more US dollars.

Interesting point, never thought about that. Although, shouldn't the higher relative value of the cdn dollar vs the American dollar offset the higher inflationary prices of oil. I.e. If oil is costing more US dollars bc US dollars are worth less bc of inflation, when we buy the oil using cdn dollars we should be paying the same or similar amount since 1 cdn dollar will now be worth more US dollars.

Global currencies are all racing to the bottom following theUSD to keep competitive in export production, so the exchange ratedifferentials are not as great as the rising cost of commodities. USD areflowing into commodities as investors dispose of USD for assets. This createsdemand for commodities which in turn causes the prices to rise. (Capital flows) The globe isawash in USD and more can be produced in unlimited quantities, whereascommodities cannot. Some are finite. QE3 will without a doubt be introducedbecause the US Gov. needs to keep interest rates down. The QE programs are forthe US Gov. to purchase US debt instruments due to the declining global demandfor US debt. The markets are saturated with US debt and the buyer of lastresort is the US Gov. They are the largest holder of USD debt. The scenario hereis equivalent to inflation in one country's currency within it's borders, e.g.Zimbabwe, where consumers rush to dispose of paper currency for anything thatis on the store shelves because the cost will be higher the following day. Thecurrent situation is global because the USD is the reserve currency, thereforeprice rises are not contained to the issuing country.
There are many factors, but that is it in a nutshell.

Which is a round about way of saying the cost of production has gone up.

Prices don't rise. Purchasing power of currencies depreciate.As more currency is introduced into the system the purchasing power declines proportionateto the amount of currency introduced over real GDP growth. Since the introductionof the QE programs has accelerated the printing of money to monetize debt,inflation has responded accordingly. Generally the effects of increasedliquidity take 12-18 months before the system feels the effects of this. Thereare different types of inflation, this is currency cost push inflation, notdemand cost push inflation.

Global currencies are all racing to the bottom following theUSD to keep competitive in export production, so the exchange ratedifferentials are not as great as the rising cost of commodities. USD areflowing into commodities as investors dispose of USD for assets. This createsdemand for commodities which in turn causes the prices to rise. (Capital flows) The globe isawash in USD and more can be produced in unlimited quantities, whereascommodities cannot. Some are finite. QE3 will without a doubt be introducedbecause the US Gov. needs to keep interest rates down. The QE programs are forthe US Gov. to purchase US debt instruments due to the declining global demandfor US debt. The markets are saturated with US debt and the buyer of lastresort is the US Gov. They are the largest holder of USD debt. The scenario hereis equivalent to inflation in one country's currency within it's borders, e.g.Zimbabwe, where consumers rush to dispose of paper currency for anything thatis on the store shelves because the cost will be higher the following day. Thecurrent situation is global because the USD is the reserve currency, thereforeprice rises are not contained to the issuing country.
There are many factors, but that is it in a nutshell.

I can see where u are going with this, but y would a bank or other financial institutions, who arguably are the biggest investors, want to buy commodities now only to have to sell them later, as they don't want to take delivery on these futures contracts. Also, wat u are describing with the buying back of debt is very normal and is a way of decreasing the interest rate by buying back government bonds, money is being pumped into the system to ensure there is no deflation or stagnation of the economy. I also do not think countries will sabotage their own currencies to remain competitive in exports. Canada, for example, has seen an increase in the dollar relative to the US and the bank of Canada and the government will continue to do what is in the best interest of Canada rather than ensuring that the export market is good (i.e. Work primarily off the inflation rate). Although Canada does export alot of stuff, the BOC has not, to the best of my knowledge, taken any action to decrease the value of the Canadian currency. In fact, given higher than expected inflation in march, the bank will likely increase the interest rate which will further increase the value of the cdn dollar vs the US.

Prices don't rise. Purchasing power of currencies depreciate.As more currency is introduced into the system the purchasing power declines proportionateto the amount of currency introduced over real GDP growth. Since the introductionof the QE programs has accelerated the printing of money to monetize debt,inflation has responded accordingly. Generally the effects of increasedliquidity take 12-18 months before the system feels the effects of this. Thereare different types of inflation, this is currency cost push inflation, notdemand cost push inflation.

You say prices havent gone up, the value of the currency has only declined. But you explain the difference in the rise of gas compared to other currency by stating differences in cost of production.

There appear to be holes in your explaination.

Back
Top Bottom