fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

why do people talk about fuel economy in MPG and at the same time talk about speed in km/h?? Isnt this Greater Toronto Area Motorcycle? My drz 400 gets 15km to the litre.

Because the metric standard is liters/100km. What the **** is that? 5L/100KM... thats not even a proper fraction. If the metric standard was kilometers per liter, more people probably would use it. At least with MPG i know how far i can go... If i have 1 gallon left, i can go 100 miles. With L/100KM, theres a lot more math i have to do to figure out how much farther i can drive...

Also, using l/100km means that a lower value is better, which is counter-intuitive. In fact it's an entirely different comparison. l/100km is a measure of the rate of fuel consumption, while mpg or km/l is fuel efficiency (or fuel economy).

Last edited:
you will feel gay too driving one!

Not really.. as long as you're not paying rape fuel charges, I'd honestly careless what the car looks like. I dont know why people dislike it.. being the leader in best MPG currently on the market, its a nice lookin' car in my opinion.

2011-toyota-prius-white-color-picture-300x210.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know why people dislike it.. being the leader in best MPG currently on the market, its a nice lookin' car in my opinion.

I think it's the self-righteous attitude of the owners to be honest..no offence, although that might sound hollow! :) Also I think they're a bit worried about cost of battery ownership, it's a bit of an unknown at this point. And I also think you'd get better real-world mileage out of a TDI Golf. I have no problem with the look of the Prius either..it's a fine car if you ask me. I do wonder where all those battery packs will end up one day though..

I think it's the self-righteous attitude of the owners to be honest..no offence, although that might sound hollow! :) Also I think they're a bit worried about cost of battery ownership, it's a bit of an unknown at this point. And I also think you'd get better real-world mileage out of a TDI Golf. I have no problem with the look of the Prius either..it's a fine car if you ask me. I do wonder where all those battery packs will end up one day though..

+1
How much does it costs to produce these batteries also. How much machines (petrol) they used to mine those Lithium.

I've also heard that when they produce those hybrid vehicles, the company actually make a lost, because it costs more to produce than the selling price

+1
How much does it costs to produce these batteries also.
It's not meant to be a cheap car, it's meant to be frugal.

How much machines (petrol) they used to mine those Lithium.
Also, cradle-to-grave energy reduction is not the goal here, but it's nice to see that it's helped to raise awareness of the question.

I've also heard that when they produce those hybrid vehicles, the company actually make a lost, because it costs more to produce than the selling price
Yes, it's a helo vehicle like many others.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:DV4SioqPWLgJ:listing-index.ebay.com/cars/Halo_vehicle.html+%22halo+vehicle%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&source=www.google.ca

They're probably writing off the loss internally as a marketing expense.

I miss my TDI Golf.

1.35 in London right now!:confused1:

It's not meant to be a cheap car, it's meant to be frugal.

Sorry sir, u are losing me with the big words. Care to dumb it down a bit?

Also, cradle-to-grave energy reduction is not the goal here, but it's nice to see that it's helped to raise awareness of the question.

Its good to know u get the concept, but lots of ppl out there think it would literally help save the planet.

If I had the money and the time, I would just convert an old Diesel Benz to use Biodiesel. I am sure I could get alot of used vegetable oil from restaurants. They would be happy I am taking away their wastes

If I had the money and the time, I would just convert an old Diesel Benz to use Biodiesel. I am sure I could get alot of used vegetable oil from restaurants. They would be happy I am taking away their wastes

And you could pick upl all the fat girls chasing your french fry smelling exhaust.

Its good to know u get the concept, but lots of ppl out there think it would literally help save the planet.

So the dislike isn't towards the car itself, but towards people who support it? (Or what you perceive those people to be like?)

And you could pick upl all the fat girls chasing your french fry smelling exhaust.

Which would then lead to them losing weight and becoming hotter. I like this idea. There's layers...and stuff....

So the dislike isn't towards the car itself, but towards people who support it? (Or what you perceive those people to be like?)

I said it was the perception of the people that own them, specifically their self-righteous attitude. And it's not "us" specifically, I believe that is the general perception.

Sorry sir, u are losing me with the big words. Care to dumb it down a bit?

I believe he means that it's not meant to be a cheap car, it's meant to save money over the life-cycle of the vehicle. At current gas prices, that's a dubious believe I think. However, as gas goes up, the chance of saving money on the whole does increase..

Be careful what u say cuz all the feminist on this board will be all over u

Did I say I dislike them? I just bring up the overall idea that it would not be saving the planet in the long run

Back
Top Bottom