fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

Good to know, but that doesnt explain why the price of gas in Muskoka is much cheaper than Toronto

Good to know, but that doesnt explain why the price of gas in Muskoka is much cheaper than Toronto

And dont be suprised in june when the price of fuel is much higher in Muskoka than GTA.

The only sure thing you can tell from fuel prices....how much its going to cost to run your vehicle.

Everyone here has the right to sepeculate what will happen with the U.S dollar/economy. But try and pass off the rise in gas prices as 100% a fall in currency value? Pure BS.

Are the Americans still paying less for fuel than us?

Cause people won't drive to Muscoka to fill up? Is it signifcant or pennies?

There will always be price differances in locales and provinces for a variety of reasons, but the the big picture for future prices is driven by global demand and availability. My bet is higher prices not lower. $1.50/L by June is not far fetched. People can jump up and down all they want, it's a global economy. If the Gov. wanted to help they could reduce taxes on gas, but it's better to point the finger at the gas companies, who provide jobs and spend the money to employ people, ad agencies, pay income taxes, property taxes, licence fees, insurance and so on. While you know what you get from Gov. on their take. I dislike both of those criminal syndicates.

WTI Crude $110.40 up $1.80 @ 11:00
Three dollars shy of the 52 wk high.

I filled up my dads car last night, cost $110.00!!! 74L of premium...and I realize why he didn't go for the V8 550...

I filled up my dads car last night, cost $110.00!!! 74L of premium...and I realize why he didn't go for the V8 550...

In 2005 gas hit $1.01/L
In 2005 the average wage was $11.75/hr
74L of gas would cost $74.74 or 6.36 hrs. work

Today
Gas is $1.35
Average wage is $23.00/hr
74L cost $110.00 or 4.78/hrs work

Today
Gas is $1.35

Is that average taken from Gov't employees??

And dont be suprised in june when the price of fuel is much higher in Muskoka than GTA.

The only sure thing you can tell from fuel prices....how much its going to cost to run your vehicle.

Everyone here has the right to sepeculate what will happen with the U.S dollar/economy. But try and pass off the rise in gas prices as 100% a fall in currency value? Pure BS.

Are the Americans still paying less for fuel than us?

You can choose your reasons for the prices of all commodities going up globally, could just be a coincidence.

Gas taxes are lower in the US.

I was thinking more like the TTC, but I think we get the idea

ARe u gettting it from a reputable source or some random website?

Not very reputable Gov. of Canada

I actually thought that those were slave wages. Years back when I used to work as a Millwright I was more than twice that avg.

In 2005 gas hit $1.01/L

Today
Gas is $1.35

now let's compare minimum wage instead of the average wage since we know that CEOs and the lucky 'few' that land government and high paying jobs bring most of the low wage earning people's average income up statistically speaking...

February 1, 2005 minimum wage: $7.45
gas price: 1.01/L
74L of gas = 74.74 or 10.03 hours of work (not factoring in the income tax that gets raped from them)

Today
gas: 1.35
Minimum wage is 10.25
74L of gas is 110.00 or 10.73 hours of work

so based on that, we're actually working .7 hours more than we used to in 2005 to get the same amount of gas...

[video=youtube;PSvyIdZzZDk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSvyIdZzZDk[/video]

My drz 400 gets 15km to the litre.

oops I mean it gets 25 km/l. But I'd still like to see the gas prices drop soon.

The price of gas always seems to be alot cheaper in Port hope when I go and visit my dad... but I think thats because the Petro Canada gas station I pass is in a constant price war with the Independant one across the street. Im sure that once the Independant gas station goes out of business prices will be just as high as everywhere else.

There is fundamentally one very large problem with your calculations...The minimum wage took a huge increase to $10.25 in 2009, unfortunately nobody else got that sort of an increase across the board. infact, most corporations took the 2008 economic downturn as an excuse to freeze wage increases, cut wages and downsize creating a larger workload for same amount or even less$$ paid out.

In all honesty most peoples yearly wage increases of 3% doesnt even cover the inflation cost. a jump in fuel price from $1 of last year to $1.35 where we are now is 35% increase. The increase in product and services cost that will follow this hasnt even begun to come into equation.

Basically, back in the day, u tightened up your belt for a while if u wanted to save money for a big purchase/vacation etc etc. Now, we're all tightening up our belts just to make it from paycheque to paycheque. And we wonder why the average canadian is 50% in debt.

now let's compare minimum wage instead of the average wage since we know that CEOs and the lucky 'few' that land government and high paying jobs bring most of the low wage earning people's average income up statistically speaking...

February 1, 2005 minimum wage: $7.45
gas price: 1.01/L
74L of gas = 74.74 or 10.03 hours of work (not factoring in the income tax that gets raped from them)

Today
gas: 1.35
Minimum wage is 10.25
74L of gas is 110.00 or 10.73 hours of work

so based on that, we're actually working .7 hours more than we used to in 2005 to get the same amount of gas...

In 2005 gas hit $1.01/L

Today
Gas is $1.35

So the average wage jumped 100% in the last 5 years? Im really not believing that. Unless thats taking into account all the people who had "medium" paying jobs like 13/14/15 bucks an hour that they subsequently lost and are now unemployed. A lot of people making above average wages were NOT let go during the economic downturn. It was the mid level employees who really felt it. So yeah if thats not taking into account unemployed people, then sure... otherwise its BS, no ones making 100% more than they were 5 years ago. If you had said 13 dollars an hour id believe it, but 23? no way.

There is fundamentally one very large problem with your calculations...The minimum wage took a huge increase to $10.25 in 2009, unfortunately nobody else got that sort of an increase across the board. infact, most corporations took the 2008 economic downturn as an excuse to freeze wage increases, cut wages and downsize creating a larger workload for same amount or even less$$ paid out.

In all honesty most peoples yearly wage increases of 3% doesnt even cover the inflation cost. a jump in fuel price from $1 of last year to $1.35 where we are now is 35% increase. The increase in product and services cost that will follow this hasnt even begun to come into equation.

Basically, back in the day, u tightened up your belt for a while if u wanted to save money for a big purchase/vacation etc etc. Now, we're all tightening up our belts just to make it from paycheque to paycheque. And we wonder why the average canadian is 50% in debt.

There is no guaranty that those numbers represent every circumstance. I was hoping that this was just the prelude for people to look at inflation from another perspective and plug their own numbers to realize a real personal feeling.
You'll realize that everyone will be affected differently, so there is no need to quibble about the statistics posted. Use the method not the result.

Back
Top Bottom