fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

fuel to$1.30 a litre in GTA

does this mean gas prices are going to drop? or do we have to start buying KY buy the liter?
ch.gaschart

I paid these prices for fuel something like 2 years ago, we all did. They did go down.

Will they go down again? Maybe. I doubt they will before they break $1.50, and stay that way until at least fall.

I wonder if the government would adjust the tax on gas if it consistently stayed above $1.50+....

why would they?? so they lose out on more money....

We also risk another recession...and with all the talk of our economic recovery, why shouldn't they consider it?

We also risk another recession...and with all the talk of our economic recovery, why shouldn't they consider it?

U would think common sense runs in politics

U would think common sense runs in politics

They're too blinded by all the extra "green" thats in their face. They're thinking "oh yea! this will help with the deficit" not realizing that the secondary recession that will hit us will hurt a lot harder.

I ask a lot of questions for a sheep dont I?

Financial assets are indeed being shifted into hard assets, in particular the basic commodities. Nations are building stockpiles. The main focus has been on crude oil to the commecial side and to Gold & Silver on the financial side. But some speculation has come to the copper market (which JPMorgan seems interested in), to the coffee market due to problems in Africa, to the sugar market (whichJPMorgan seems fond of), and to the cotton market from broad necessity.Financial mavens, news anchors, and hedge fund managers have all been touting their strategies in response to runaway monetary inflation commanded from the marbled offices of the USFed. They respond to the devaluation of money itself.The migration to hard assets is well along.

Source

I wonder if the government would adjust the tax on gas if it consistently stayed above $1.50+....

How much do you think they should cut gas taxes? If they removed all taxes then $1.50 would bring the price down to about $1.18, is that going to stimulate the economy? Is that going to reduce our dependence on oil? Is that going to keep our provicial and federal debt in check?

How much do you think they should cut gas taxes? If they removed all taxes then $1.50 would bring the price down to about $1.18, is that going to stimulate the economy? Is that going to reduce our dependence on oil? Is that going to keep our provicial and federal debt in check?

Good point, it really is a catch 22.

I think it's the self-righteous attitude of the owners to be honest..no offence, although that might sound hollow! :) Also I think they're a bit worried about cost of battery ownership, it's a bit of an unknown at this point. And I also think you'd get better real-world mileage out of a TDI Golf. I have no problem with the look of the Prius either..it's a fine car if you ask me. I do wonder where all those battery packs will end up one day though..

Those batteries are recycled perfectly fine when they go to the crapper (which they dont for a long time anyways). 95% of the metals used can be recovered, and also, to build the car is pretty eco... possibly THE MOST. The plant thats building them runs on 50% solar. Sure there may be some dirty work involved, but realistically, comparing it with other junkers is stupid. This cars as eco as it'll get currently on the market to produce and recycle. Oh, 2012 Prius C FTW. Looks sexy ;)

Good point, it really is a catch 22.

There's no catch 22. Gas prices need to go up, preferably in a gradual, predictable, manner and preferably due to an increase in tax. The only 'catch' is that all the whiners here need to suck it up and adapt.

There's no catch 22. Gas prices need to go up, preferably in a gradual, predictable, manner and preferably due to an increase in tax. The only 'catch' is that all the whiners here need to suck it up and adapt.
...and how can we do that? Ride a bicycle like u do?
Even still, our cost of food will go up and that will include everything else. No more vacation for those who like to travel

You want me to tell you what to do? You sure you wanna go there? LOL

It was a rhetorical question, but anyway, carry on...

It was a rhetorical question, but anyway, carry on...

Don't mind if I do then...

What you should do is grow veggies and herbs on your green roof to save energy and money, then buy a cow with your neighbours and let her graze off your lawn instead of mowing, and have a couple chickens so you can have some protein in the morning. Stick a couple windmills where your TV antenna used to be and sell the power to buy yarn so you can make your own clothes in all your spare time. If you have to work, walk to work in your leather shoes from the last cow you slaughtered.

Oh yeah, and give me your bike. Kumbaya brother.

Last edited:
Don't mind if I do then...

What you should do is grow veggies and herbs on your green roof to save energy and money, then buy a cow with your neighbours and let her graze off your lawn instead of mowing, and have a couple chickens so you can have some protein in the morning. Stick a couple windmills where your TV antenna used to be and sell the power to buy yarn so you can make your own clothes in all your spare time. If you have to work, walk to work in your leather shoes from the last cow you slaughtered.

Oh yeah, and give me your bike. Kumbaya brother.

Sounds very practical on paper :D

Let me know if Rob Ford approve of this before I buy my cow because I don't want to haul it from the country only to have to haul it back

Sounds very practical on paper :D

Let me know if Rob Ford approve of this before I buy my cow because I don't want to haul it from the country only to have to haul it back

Ford will be putty in your hands if you quietly slip him some granola under the table.

thanks to gas prices i'm running 87 octane in my R6... surprisingly with no noticeable difference in terms of performance or engine noise no knocks or pings..

Back
Top Bottom