The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 344 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Or what's moving in the opposite direction.;) Several years ago, coming home from the resort via Hockley Road, I was a little over the limit and spotted an OPP cruiser going the other way. He spotted me as well and lit up his lights and pulled a U-turn behind me. As soon as I saw his lights in my mirrors, I pulled over and stopped. I had already dismounted and removed my helmet by the time he pulled up. We had a nice chat about golf, the local area, how long I've lived in Orangeville and then he told me to watch my speed in this area because they had received so many complaints. The next few times I rode through Hockley Valley I saw the same officer and waved to him.
I got a minor reputation for possible psychic abilities on group rides, in the area, because I would seemingly always reduce my speed just before a cop came around the corner. Truth was I just thought, "This would be a really bad time to see a cop" and slowed ;)

Some people think there is merit in vigilante justice, a point of view not shared by people that deserve it.

IMO people that can’t control their emotions should be banned from driving until they have mastered their demons.

I’m not sure what caused the failure but the streets are probably safer.

Brampton again. Bad cyclist riding on sidewalk and failing to yield right of way vs bad teen driver that is seeing how fast moms SUV can launch with pedestrians around. Cyclist is in hospital, driver has a careless charge.

Brampton again. Bad cyclist riding on sidewalk and failing to yield right of way vs bad teen driver that is seeing how fast moms SUV can launch with pedestrians around. Cyclist is in hospital, driver has a careless charge.

I don't think the little girl bears any moral fault in this. Odds are the bicycle's tires were less than 50cm in diameter so legal on the sidewalk, at least under the bylaws. Technically she did break HTA140 (6) by riding in a crosswalk but hey, she's a kid. Adults don't even care about that and I see them doing it in downtown TO, constantly. Simple point is that the driver abrogated his duty of care, to play. Expected from a 17 year old, I guess, but then maybe you don't give that 17 year old a car to abuse.

I don't think the little girl bears any moral fault in this. Odds are the bicycle's tires were less than 50cm in diameter so legal on the sidewalk, at least under the bylaws. Technically she did break HTA140 (6) by riding in a crosswalk but hey, she's a kid. Adults don't even care about that and I see them doing it in downtown TO, constantly. Simple point is that the driver abrogated his duty of care, to play. Expected from a 17 year old, I guess, but then maybe you don't give that 17 year old a car to abuse.
Hard to tell wheel size from the video. Normally a kid is around 10 when they get wheels over 50 cm.

Independent of wheel size, I think the kids bears some fault. There was a vehicle waiting to go and she rode in front of it. Don't be an ass and pay attention to your surroundings. Kids screw up but I have been trying to get that lesson into my kids since they could walk. Obviously, the suv driver should have yielded regardless of any law or moral right of way.

Hard to tell wheel size from the video. Normally a kid is around 10 when they get wheels over 50 cm.

Independent of wheel size, I think the kids bears some fault. There was a vehicle waiting to go and she rode in front of it. Don't be an ass and pay attention to your surroundings. Kids screw up but I have been trying to get that lesson into my kids since they could walk. Obviously, the suv driver should have yielded regardless of any law or moral right of way.
I thought in Toronto the criteria was rider age. Under 14 you're OK on the sidewalk.

Is this a confusion in ages or a second event?

It's hard to tell if the 12 YO girl looked or if things happened so fast there was no correction time.

In my case I still have both legs because I reacted to a suspicious situation and braked appropriately. A high performance car would be deadly as the cyclist's reaction time could be less than a second. It's sad that when out for a pleasure drive, ride or walk one must look at everything within sight and enter in a risk rating.

I thought in Toronto the criteria was rider age. Under 14 you're OK on the sidewalk.

Is this a confusion in ages or a second event?

It's hard to tell if the 12 YO girl looked or if things happened so fast there was no correction time.

In my case I still have both legs because I reacted to a suspicious situation and braked appropriately. A high performance car would be deadly as the cyclist's reaction time could be less than a second. It's sad that when out for a pleasure drive, ride or walk one must look at everything within sight and enter in a risk rating.
Brampton bylaws regarding bicycles on sidewalks are different. Brampton is part of Peel Region, not Toronto.

Brampton bylaws regarding bicycles on sidewalks are different. Brampton is part of Peel Region, not Toronto.
Thanks. I suspected so. Now when I ride my bike into Mississauga I have to re-map my brain. The same goes for numerous e-vehicles that are provincially approved but subject to municipal approval.

How many sellers of e-whatevers are going to mention the municipal bans?

Thanks. I suspected so. Now when I ride my bike into Mississauga I have to re-map my brain. The same goes for numerous e-vehicles that are provincially approved but subject to municipal approval.

How many sellers of e-whatevers are going to mention the municipal bans?
e-Vehicle owners don't really seem to care abut legality anyway. De-restrict, remove pedals, use where not permitted...

The first easy step for e stuff would be the equivalent of the boaters card. Then they couldn’t cry ignorance.
Without enforcement of existing laws, there is zero point enacting any more. It is very clear that police have zero interest in enforcing any law wrt e-anything. If they enforced existing laws, JP wouldn't give a toss if the moron riding an ebike at 80 km/h down a sidewalk had a course card or not.

Last edited:
Gravel hauler with douche visor and bent bumper randomly barfs fuel while driving down the road causing a full hazmat response. Hopefully it gets a full MTO inspection before being allowed back on the road.

459336741_488650743975645_1175910967997826163_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom