The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 342 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

They don't, but they can't inspect everything. Until they get noticed by a cop they're free to endanger everyone else on the road, for increased profit margin.
You ever go fishing?
You can't catch them all no matter how hard you try.

Found this in a different group.
1724791190574.png

Brampton West (Milton), Bell School Line (aka the new I-laugh-at-your-2-bag-limit dumping ground).

I guess the reeds weren't a big enough clue for you. Luckily you have a phone with you ............. although I have a sneaking suspicion that might be at least partly responsible for you being in this predicament.

AP1GczPLwzC4qJr5UJFOUD8VqvPGOuFcSt-tPb7GQ4hdnOmpgCUAdnMnQ-XI8QIUc7FvpLFM0WWlmd_zeBbaecxIGxxbzUOO4mU9NCgBVYUUJyne-7BLpvYDHFILtjcxKyamtJo93vMX9jVeY1KhqyMoOVbP=w1648-h919-s-no-gm

Brampton West (Milton), Bell School Line (aka the new I-laugh-at-your-2-bag-limit dumping ground).

I guess the reeds weren't a big enough clue for you. Luckily you have a phone with you ............. although I have a sneaking suspicion that might be at least partly responsible for you being in this predicament.

AP1GczPLwzC4qJr5UJFOUD8VqvPGOuFcSt-tPb7GQ4hdnOmpgCUAdnMnQ-XI8QIUc7FvpLFM0WWlmd_zeBbaecxIGxxbzUOO4mU9NCgBVYUUJyne-7BLpvYDHFILtjcxKyamtJo93vMX9jVeY1KhqyMoOVbP=w1648-h919-s-no-gm
It was helpful of him to show you which way to go. I might have tried to pass him on the right without that guidance.

Some kawartha lakes school busses are getting stop cameras mounted to allow ticketing of drivers who don't stop. Sad that we are in this situation but happy that they will bring the pain to morons. Sadly, as the driver isn't identified, they don't get the insurance hit, just the ticket.

Some kawartha lakes school busses are getting stop cameras mounted to allow ticketing of drivers who don't stop. Sad that we are in this situation but happy that they will bring the pain to morons. Sadly, as the driver isn't identified, they don't get the insurance hit, just the ticket.

I wonder if it will be progressive fines, based on the vehicle or if they'll make it the 'first offence' range, based on not being able to identify? Either way a few of those fines should make people think more about who is driving their car.

You're taking your life in your hands when you obey the law on Hwy. 6N.

I wonder if it will be progressive fines, based on the vehicle or if they'll make it the 'first offence' range, based on not being able to identify? Either way a few of those fines should make people think more about who is driving their car.
I would hope that police use progressive fines against the owner. If one driver runs a bus sign multiple times or if multiple drivers run the bus sign, the owner obviously needs a bigger beating to modify behavior. Can police use cameras to issue a summons? On second offense, no set fine but mandatory appearance before JP to explain would be nice.

On a related note, hidden plates or plate covers give you immunity from this path to a ticket. Again, hopefully police crack down much harder on those offences. Even if the police don't witness one of their typical ticketed offences at the same time. Blocked plate alone should be sufficient for a stop and ticket (hell, if the cover is a blatant attempt to hide plate like the dark ones hand them the fixit ticket for a mandatory safety inspection before driving it again).

You're taking your life in your hands when you obey the law on Hwy. 6N.
I don't like that part of the law. I don't think I've seen a kid run across 4 or 5 lanes of traffic from a stopped bus. Realistically, bus should pretend they are fire truck and stop diagonally to block the whole damn road if they want everyone to stop on a huge road.

I would hope that police use progressive fines against the owner. If one driver runs a bus sign multiple times or if multiple drivers run the bus sign, the owner obviously needs a bigger beating to modify behavior. Can police use cameras to issue a summons? On second offense, no set fine but mandatory appearance before JP to explain would be nice.

On a related note, hidden plates or plate covers give you immunity from this path to a ticket. Again, hopefully police crack down much harder on those offences. Even if the police don't witness one of their typical ticketed offences at the same time. Blocked plate alone should be sufficient for a stop and ticket (hell, if the cover is a blatant attempt to hide plate like the dark ones hand them the fixit ticket for a mandatory safety inspection before driving it again).
Anything that obscures the plate, such as polarized/smoked plate covers, are explicitly illegal. By the letter of the law even those dealer plate surrounds are illegal, as they partially obscure the plate. I've said, many times, that there needs to be a blitz on smoked covers.

EDIT - That reminds me that I have to swap out the dealer frames on my car. Hadn't gotten around to it yet.

I don't like that part of the law. I don't think I've seen a kid run across 4 or 5 lanes of traffic from a stopped bus. Realistically, bus should pretend they are fire truck and stop diagonally to block the whole damn road if they want everyone to stop on a huge road.

Hwy. 6N. 80 kmh. Defacto morning commute speed limit is 100 kmh. I'm not concerned about rug rats running across the road. I was taught to look both ways, they should be too. I'm concerned about following the law when there's a stopped bus on the other side of the road and some idiot rear ends me at 110 kmh because he doesn't grasp that those flashing lights mean he has to stop on this side of the road too.

A little further research. For a first offense, passing a school bus is "up to $2000". I think they should mail the $2000 tickets the first time they get caught. That will bring many of them into court. JP can chastise them and get the defendant to admit who was driving prior to giving them a reduced fine. That gets the driver on record and a kick in the nuts from insurance.

A little further research. For a first offense, passing a school bus is "up to $2000". I think they should mail the $2000 tickets the first time they get caught. That will bring many of them into court. JP can chastise them and get the defendant to admit who was driving prior to giving them a reduced fine. That gets the driver on record and a kick in the nuts from insurance.
Max fine is the problem. Soft hearted JP can go low. Make it $2K minimum, 48 hours to pay. Since it would be tacky for the JP to kick the owner in the groin, the owner, if it was someone else driving, can kick the driver in the groin. No pain, no gain.

What's chubby dougie doing about the problem? Bribe your way through the D-1 (CBC video on YT) Get your licence in the boonies because you can't handle GTA traffic for the test. Add zombie walkers, wild west e-vehicles (Many illegal) Bike lane princesses etc. The problem requires the cooperation of all three levels of government. Feds for the "My rights BS". Provincial for HTA and municipal bylaws. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom