The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 341 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Why would they stop the video just before the car reached the pedestrians? Would be interesting to see if they stopped or if they went around on the grass. That would at least give you a clue as to what was going on in their mind.

Truck driver pretty much tries to kill a cyclist. Passes the bike and turns right over him. I've had lots of vehicles do that but they were normally taxis. Thankfully I didn't have a truck do it.

Police gave a "disobey sign" ticket to the truck driver. Holy f. That's $110. How this was anything less than careless is appalling. There is a solid argument for dangerous as it was no right turn and he almost killed somebody.

After thinking about this, I’m wondering if the cyclist failed to yield ROW? The designated bike lane ended before Dufferin, the collision happened after than in a chevroned lane. As I understand it, the designated lane ROW does not exist outside the designated lane, so cyclists must yield ROW when approaching from behind.

I scoured the web looking for further clarification on this rule -- nothing found -- anybody have a reference for this situation?

It looks like 2 crimes at one scene.

After thinking about this, I’m wondering if the cyclist failed to yield ROW? The designated bike lane ended before Dufferin, the collision happened after than in a chevroned lane. As I understand it, the designated lane ROW does not exist outside the designated lane, so cyclists must yield ROW when approaching from behind.

I scoured the web looking for further clarification on this rule -- nothing found -- anybody have a reference for this situation?

It looks like 2 crimes at one scene.
Where no bike lane is present a bicycle falls under the standard definition for "vehicle." That means overtaking on the right of a vehicle making a legally signalled right turn is forbidden, and failure to yield right-of-way. "Legal turn" would be the operative expression here.

Where no bike lane is present a bicycle falls under the standard definition for "vehicle." That means overtaking on the right of a vehicle making a legally signalled right turn is forbidden, and failure to yield right-of-way. "Legal turn" would be the operative expression here.
Does an illegal turn cancel an illegal overtaking?

Does an illegal turn cancel an illegal overtaking?
We know the turn was illegal. We have insufficient evidence on the overtaking. With the speed of the cyclist, it looks unlikely but we don't have enough video to know for sure.

I wonder how many of us took evasive action and avoided a crash because, although we did own that part of the road, we didn't take on a losing encounter.
Most, if not all of us. In this case, however, we have no real evidence for or against the truck having actually signalled this turn. The cyclist probably couldn't see what, if anything was in front of the truck until he was alongside it, so wouldn't necessarily have known why it was slowing down. Bicycles don't brake on a dime, so he probably didn't have a chance.

EDIT - Despite the results of his actions, I fully expect that the final result will be something like a finding of guilt for "prohibited turn", "turn not in safety", or "disobey sign."

Most, if not all of us. In this case, however, we have no real evidence for or against the truck having actually signalled this turn. The cyclist probably couldn't see what, if anything was in front of the truck until he was alongside it, so wouldn't necessarily have known why it was slowing down. Bicycles don't brake on a dime, so he probably didn't have a chance.

EDIT - Despite the results of his actions, I fully expect that the final result will be something like a finding of guilt for "prohibited turn", "turn not in safety", or "disobey sign."
I wonder if the cyclist would have done differently at 6pm when the truck would be ok turning right?

What's wrong with these pictures (as seen in Brampton) ?

Attachments

• IMG-20240825-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240825-WA0001.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG-20240825-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240825-WA0000.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 28
Was following a truck yesterday from Tweed. No lights at all on the trailer, and the boat hid the trucks lights. This is a no brainer.

Scary - how does MTO let stuff like this stay on the road ?
They don't, but they can't inspect everything. Until they get noticed by a cop they're free to endanger everyone else on the road, for increased profit margin.

They thought the rider had a gun. Even with a dozen ERU responding, he probably wouldn't get a ticket related to the ebike.

Likely a drug runner. Lots of them use e-bikes as they can cover more ground than bicycles and you don’t need a license or all the responsibility associated with that :/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom