The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 334 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Which is why I noted that the vehicle approaching from behind the police vehicle should slow as they pass. Since it is impossible to provide a full lane when passing a stopped police vehicle on a two lane roadway, even the cam car should move over to the right as far as possible and slow as they pass in the opposing direction in order to satisfy the "move over" law.
Similarly, one of the reasons our bicycle riders get traction for bike lanes is they don't know how to deal with the speed / space differences.

Total failure of our testing and licensing system. Fix the driver's test thing and we wouldn't need bike lanes.

Two fine young men from Brampton in their early 20's got caught at 200 on the 407 in a Urus. Got spike stripped and kept going. They got a bunch of charges but shockingly not stolen vehicle. Since they got criminal charges as part of this, what are the odds that insurance tells them too bad?

lamborghini-urus-1024x576.jpg

Considering that the insurance company would likely consider that to be wilful damage, I think they'll have trouble collecting. Odds are that, like most high end cars, it's also a lease rather than owned. Driver is screwed, 6 ways from Sunday.

Considering that the insurance company would likely consider that to be wilful damage, I think they'll have trouble collecting. Odds are that, like most high end cars, it's also a lease rather than owned. Driver is screwed, 6 ways from Sunday.

They start at $275K. That's gonna be an expensive repair. Probably looking at $15K just in cladding parts. The rear quarters are gonna be a nice chunk of change to repair. Then there's the Carfax coup de grâce after the smoke clears.....

Politicians or this thread? Mpp Andrea khajin crashed into a daycare.

"Barrie police confirmed no injuries were reported and charges wouldn't be laid as the incident occurred on private property."
Really? And yet we 'general public' dweebs can get charged on private property with a HTA 172 charge. Yup, that seems fair.

"Barrie police confirmed no injuries were reported and charges wouldn't be laid as the incident occurred on private property."
Really? And yet we 'general public' dweebs can get charged on private property with a HTA 172 charge. Yup, that seems fair.
Even HTA 172 has limits here. In Alberta you can apparently be charged with cell phone usage while on private property.

The charge for Khanjin could be dangerous driving but being a criminal charge would require intent.

We'll never know if she blacked out or was texting, touching up her make-up, etc. The blackout story makes her a poor victim of a medical event. We do know she is self important enough to be above apologizing.

The HTA is not applicable to private property.. what would you like them to charge her with?

I just saw this on CP24.. The damage was less than I expected. Her vehicle did not enter the daycare.. she hit the front on the building.. broke a window and chipped a couple bricks.
My takeaway... why don't they use different, and safer, glass in daycare windows? The window broke into big shards.. they should be using tempered or safety glass... and install some bollards too.

Even HTA 172 has limits here. In Alberta you can apparently be charged with cell phone usage while on private property.

As I mentioned in another thread, Donovan got charged with using his cell in the drive through of a Timmy's in Mississauga.

The HTA is not applicable to private property.. what would you like them to charge her with?
You would have to move to the CCC to find a charge. If they can charge in a car, boat, or plane under the same section, then private property is no boundary. I doubt such a charge would fly, though, based on the driver's claims. It would be enough to create doubt.

As I mentioned in another thread, Donovan got charged with using his cell in the drive through of a Timmy's in Mississauga.
But did the charge stick or did the cop claim that he saw him drive in from the street, already on his phone?

You would have to move to the CCC to find a charge. If they can charge in a car, boat, or plane under the same section, then private property is no boundary. I doubt such a charge would fly, though, based on the driver's claims. It would be enough to create doubt.
While it won't be a matter of public record, I hope there was an uncomfortable phone call/visit asking her to give up her drivers license for a bit. Waving the medical flag and pinky promising not to drive shouldn't fly. She was the one that chose to fly the flag, she should not have a license until a doctor clears her to drive again.

But did the charge stick or did the cop claim that he saw him drive in from the street, already on his phone?

A little late to ask for clarification now.

I just saw this on CP24.. The damage was less than I expected. Her vehicle did not enter the daycare.. she hit the front on the building.. broke a window and chipped a couple bricks.
My takeaway... why don't they use different, and safer, glass in daycare windows? The window broke into big shards.. they should be using tempered or safety glass... and install some bollards too.
Unintended consequences: In case of an emergency safety glass is harder to break and escape, vent fumes etc.

Some cars are running laminated glass in side windows and if you drive off the dock you can't easily break and escape.

I noticed the nearby drug store just put in bollards on one side.

Unintended consequences: In case of an emergency safety glass is harder to break and escape, vent fumes etc.

Some cars are running laminated glass in side windows and if you drive off the dock you can't easily break and escape.

I noticed the nearby drug store just put in bollards on one side.
One near me did that during lockdown, after some alter kocker drove straight through their front window.

Back
Top Bottom