The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 331 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

I passed that car on Fairview @ Brant Saturday around noon. The passenger side was splattered in long grass and stained green, which I found odd at the time.

brampton-drivers-in-the-wild-v0-no0qij60fz9d1.jpg

Apparently it's a thing now. 7th Conc. @ Milborough. CUV crop circles in the field to the left of the shot. It was a Thursday @ 8:30 am on my way to work. 2 other vehicles on the side of the road w. cops front and rear of them.

AP1GczMMxBF2qLK398hMe0e1NoSs6qfEZ81Dnu0jGiFBe6Ud-jugsQBGJV7UQGJlwBNbE4lqyptTv45aZ4DuFscdOOaZl6AZ0ZLyr6B3byj_bHYilvenjuXZSkjjcoABJ3-7hmpwBIbW7KkaXrOswPBmN6EY=w1225-h919-s-no-gm

Last edited:
Fatal hit and run on The Gardiner eastbound, this morning. The whole eastbound Gardiner is closed at Jameson. They already got the guy who ran.

One less to worry about. EV passed a cop car at very high speed on Crossland road and took off when cop lit them up. Cop found the crash a few minutes later. Driver VSA, passenger got a helicopter ride to St Mikes. Thankfully they didn't hurt anyone else. Not sure of speed but they made it really far from the road.

449853977_10159540481271330_6806690468596932133_n.jpg

CP24 racing Top Gear style tonight down Spadina to Queen's Quay (and back?). 4 km stretch. One on bus, one walking, one on bicycle. Not worthy of a separate thread.

One less to worry about. EV passed a cop car at very high speed on Crossland road and took off when cop lit them up. Cop found the crash a few minutes later. Driver VSA, passenger got a helicopter ride to St Mikes. Thankfully they didn't hurt anyone else. Not sure of speed but they made it really far from the road.

449853977_10159540481271330_6806690468596932133_n.jpg

Model 3? Y?

Model 3? Y?
Your guess is as good as mine. From the pic, the best I have is what my wife would say when I asked her what type of vehicle. "A white one".

EDIT:
SIU press release is as useless as we have come to expect. They want people to submit information but include zero vehicle description, pictures or even a time when the incident happened. I'm not sure how people are supposed to know if they have relevant information. Are people supposed to submit anyone they saw driving south on crossland on July 3?

"
On the afternoon of July 3, 2024, an Ontario Provincial Police officer was traveling southbound on Crossland Road when she was passed by a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed.
The officer commenced following the vehicle.
The officer lost sight of the vehicle, but came across it a short while later in a field on Crossland Road between Flos Road 11 and the Tiny/Flos Townline Road.
The male driver was pronounced deceased at the scene and a female passenger was transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
One investigator and one forensic investigator have been assigned to the case.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation, including video or photos, to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 or online at: https://siu.on.ca/en/appeals.php"

I often wonder at the thought processes of some people. I was just driving up the 410 northbound, headed for Steeles. As usual the right lane is moving faster than everything else, so that's where I am. As I'm coming up on Steeles, at a rather fast clip, I can see some guy waaaay behind me get into that ridiculously long merge lane from Courtney Park and put the hammer down. He timed it perfectly to be alongside me when his lane ran out. My mere presence seemed to anger him greatly, especially when I didn't blindly swerve into the next lane to the left to allow His Majesty passage.

He went up the breakdown lane, cut across the gore, then slowed to maybe 40 Kmh in front of the car that was immediately in front of me, to demonstrate his displeasure. Then, when that car continued north, he swerved and brake-checked me on the Steeles ramp. I went around him, got into the second right turn lane, and went straight through the green, then moved to the left-most lane. He took the rightmost right turn lane and almost put himself into the side of a transport while trying to get across to me again. He pulled alongside me at Tomken and took his seat belt off but never looked at me, nor made a move to get out of his car.

Everything that "happened to" this guy was 100% self inflicted. I didn't speed up or slow down. I made no conscious effort to block him. I was just there.

Beginning to think that I need to buy a Tesla, because all the most interesting stuff seems to happen beside me, where I don't have cameras.

Last edited:
I often wonder at the thought processes of some people. I was just driving up the 410 northbound, headed for Steeles. As usual the right lane is moving faster than everything else, so that's where I am. As I'm coming up on Steeles, at a rather fast clip, I can see some guy waaaay behind me get into that ridiculously long merge lane from Courtney Park and put the hammer down. He timed it perfectly to be alongside me when his lane ran out. My mere presence seemed to anger him greatly, especially when I didn't blindly swerve into the next lane to the left to allow His Majesty passage.

He went up the breakdown lane, cut across the gore, then slowed to maybe 40 Kmh in front of the car that was immediately in front of me, to demonstrate his displeasure. Then, when that car continued north, he swerved and brake-checked me on the Steeles ramp. I went around him, got into the second right turn lane, and went straight through the green, then moved to the left-most lane. He took the rightmost right turn lane and almost put himself into the side of a transport while trying to get across to me again. He pulled alongside me at Tomken and took his seat belt off but never looked at me, nor made a move to get out of his car.

Everything that "happened to" this guy was 100% self inflicted. I didn't speed up or slow down. I made no conscious effort to block him. I was just there.

Beginning to think that I need to buy a Tesla, because all the most interesting stuff seems to happen beside me, where I don't have cameras.
Your thought process is faulty if you think he had one. :)

We need a psychiatry thread.

These drives seriously don't understand the concept of looking ahead. Most of them can only concentrate on 1 car in front of them. Which is why stuff like this happens to them. Plus countless other reasons.

Sounds like you kept your cool though, good on you!

Reflecting on this, you have you share the road with him. Someone else has to live with him. Count your blessings.

Reflecting on this, you have you share the road with him. Someone else has to live with him. Count your blessings.
That someone else was in the car with him. That's likely why he didn't get out, after taking off his seat belt. Hopefully his partner gave him a reality check.

CP24 racing Top Gear style tonight down Spadina to Queen's Quay (and back?). 4 km stretch. One on bus, one walking, one on bicycle. Not worthy of a separate thread.

One direction only. Typical streetcar time before it was replaced with busses was 30 minutes. Bike was 23 minutes, walking was 50 minutes, Bus was 90 minutes. Why don't more people take the TTC? Nothing says fun like paying to be in a crowded smelly can and moving at half walking speed.

EDIT:
Does it even make sense to run busses if they travel at half walking speed? It seems like they are spewing a lot of emissions for minimal benefit to anybody.

Last edited:
Hopefully the parents get some legal advice before they tell their story to the cops. 14 yo took their car, crashed into someone on the 401 in Mississauga and the family car burned to a crisp as kid and friend ran away. At that point you pretty much have to stick your kid with a theft charge to try to keep insurance on your side. This is going to be expensive. Car is garbage, friends family will probably sue you for injuring their dirtbag kid and I'm not sure if insurance company of vehicle they hit tries to sue if driver was uninsured.

A deliberate trick, as part of the official test, would never be permitted.
Best they can do is find a left turn onto a short stretch of two lane that ends in a T intersection, and see if the person moves to the right lane as required. Even then it's only a point.

Best they can do is find a left turn onto a short stretch of two lane that ends in a T intersection, and see if the person moves to the right lane as required. Even then it's only a point.
The John Rhodes Driver Examination Centre had a right turn onto a 3 lane, one way, with the left lane being marked as parking. You had to make a left at the end. I think that's as close as they could get to a "trick."

Back
Top Bottom