The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 329 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

This scares me more than anything. I have young kids playing on our yard, and we have multiple trees which should protect them in case some idiot comes running through...but we've seen enough deaths of children in recent years that it's unpredictable.
As much as cutting my ditch is a pain in the ass, I do appreciate that it is almost impossible to hit the kids on the lawn (and conversely, it stops many balls from going on road and slows the kids down a lot to give drivers time to react if the kids do something dumb.

This scares me more than anything. I have young kids playing on our yard, and we have multiple trees which should protect them in case some idiot comes running through...but we've seen enough deaths of children in recent years that it's unpredictable.
Sadly little can be done against these fools, do the best you can or build thick and high walls....
I live on a highly graveled dirt road and almost everyday some one is bombing down it at 100km's
One flick of the wheel and the car is in the ditch, and I'd let them burn...

At my former address I had an 8" catalpa on my front lawn taken down by a drunk driver. Midnight ish.

A few months later I picked up a hitchhiker nearby and recognized him as the car passenger. He first thought I was going to beat the crap out of him but when I didn't he explained.

The young driver was drunk and as he rounded the curve he got onto the lawns. When he looked out the window he saw that he was really close to a sidewalk and figured he was on the wrong side of the road and veered further right, making it worse, maybe.

By hitting my tree he didn't hit my neighbour's car or any of the ones parked further down the street. My catalpa should have gotten a hero's medal.

Claymore airbags after conviction seem like a good starting point. Odds are high they will do it again. At least the cycle stops after the second crash. As it is now, it continues until they kill someone (and often longer).
+1 for the Claymores but we have a problem with repeat offenders, three DUIs in a year and a bit.

If they are foreign born we have the deportation option. If born here is there any process for exile to a suitable country?

Bad drivers get sent to Russia. If you don't understand go to YouTube and type in Russian drivers.

If it's gang crime related, a one way trip to Haiti.

Put me on the list. This morning I blocked about 8 feet of a 20 foot driveway with a deckover trailer, a lady came and parked her crv on her driveway that I was blocking, sticking her back end about 1.5-2 feet protruding onto the street. I had a vehicle in front of me, backed up slowly so I could go around the vehicle in front of me. Stopped, Gave it one more small hit on the gas. Crunch.
Lucky didn't break the rear tail light, caught the bumper just below it. Put a hole through it. Almost certainly will need new rear bumper. Hoping it doesn't cost me more than $1200 or so. :cry:
10 different excuses I could make, she had plenty of room in front of her to pull her car off the road, I almost brought my smaller trailer today but didn't, she was just home for lunch and was leaving 5 minutes later, Part of being in business I guess.

I couldn't get the video link to work. Here's an alternate. No video of crash just aftermath.

It's from the spring.

Unless all the leaves on the trees in Brampton fell off last night.

Put me on the list. This morning I blocked about 8 feet of a 20 foot driveway with a deckover trailer, a lady came and parked her crv on her driveway that I was blocking, sticking her back end about 1.5-2 feet protruding onto the street. I had a vehicle in front of me, backed up slowly so I could go around the vehicle in front of me. Stopped, Gave it one more small hit on the gas. Crunch.
Lucky didn't break the rear tail light, caught the bumper just below it. Put a hole through it. Almost certainly will need new rear bumper. Hoping it doesn't cost me more than $1200 or so. :cry:
10 different excuses I could make, she had plenty of room in front of her to pull her car off the road, I almost brought my smaller trailer today but didn't, she was just home for lunch and was leaving 5 minutes later, Part of being in business I guess.
We all make mistakes. Good for you for dealing with it ethically.

Sounds like a bumper cover. Prices are all over the place but not in Rolls Royce grill territory.

There was so much going on with the Gardiner flooding this morning, that I forgot to mention 401 eastbound at 427 this morning. The entire ramp to 427 northbound, from 401 eastbound, was coned off and shut down so, of course, a line forms of cars trying to cut through the cones and get on the ramp. Dead stopped. Maybe 10 of them, blocking the left lane of two to the 427 southbound ramp. There were road work vehicles present right where they were trying to do this. I should have pulled the video.

Last edited:
Not very recent but oops....

Funny but not funny

Georgopoulos shared ownership of the car with a friend in California, Justice Molloy wrote, and the pair split the $400,000 loan and the $8,000 monthly payments. By the time the crash happened, he had the car for just three days.
“Streetcars don’t stop to let drivers pass. That’s ludicrous,” said Jess Spieker of Friends and Families for Safe Streets in an interview.

Spieker said she believes drivers of extremely fast cars should face extra licensing requirements.

“The fact that he’s driving a car which he’s clearly not equipped to handle, is probably a failure of our provincial licensing system,” she said.

“Certainly we don’t have Lamborghinis being driven into streetcars very often. That is a good thing,” she said, pointing out that a streetcar weighs “53 hippos.”

“They’re really solid. So if you’ve got a very expensive fragile bubble, don’t smash it into a streetcar,” she said.
It’s not clear whether Georgopoulos has to pay the cost of the crash. His passenger is now suing him for $5 million.

Drunk big rig driver driving down the road at 100-105km/hr. What could possibly go wrong. Too bad couldn't take blood test probably had some other mind/body altering drugs in their system too to stay awake.

What happens with commercial vehicles and dui? Truck and trailer both get impounded for a week? Just truck? Exempt from that penalty for some reason?

What happens with commercial vehicles and dui? Truck and trailer both get impounded for a week? Just truck? Exempt from that penalty for some reason?
If barflies got trucks impounded and their names got around, employment as commercial drivers would be scarce. Darwin

I've had the same thing happen to me in downtown Toronto. Some arrogant people just seem to think that the oncoming traffic lanes are just their private shortcuts.
Once a week I have to drive down to Queen's Quay, and in the semiotic nightmare that is that whole area, I see this at least once every time I'm there. Sometimes I'm sure it's just blind confusion, but mostly it's just arrogance and the usual main character syndrome. Not sure if it's too many years of people playing Grand Theft Auto or people bringing driving styles from other countries, but it's absolutely nuts.

Once a week I have to drive down to Queen's Quay, and in the semiotic nightmare that is that whole area, I see this at least once every time I'm there. Sometimes I'm sure it's just blind confusion, but mostly it's just arrogance and the usual main character syndrome. Not sure if it's too many years of people playing Grand Theft Auto or people bringing driving styles from other countries, but it's absolutely nuts.
A few years ago I got caught out down there and literally forced onto the streetcar track right-of-way. No fun.

Back
Top Bottom