The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 328 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

The question is a courtesy. If they want to know, they know.
Questions are for. 1), authentication (you are who you say you are 2)integrity check - are you willing to lie? The already know the answers to those questions.

Fail on either and your interrogation goes deeper or you are denied.

Questions are for. 1), authentication (you are who you say you are 2)integrity check - are you willing to lie? The already know the answers to those questions.

Fail on either and your interrogation goes deeper or you are denied.
Yup, as I stated in post 6442 ;)

Wished I had a dash cam last night. Heading home to Hamilton, there's a 26' UHaul in the HOV lane holding up a mile of traffic. HOV lane ends, they stay in the left lane where it splits to go over the Skyway, I'm behind cursing their left lane hogging. Traffic is moving, but well after the split, they decide they absolutely need to go to the 403, and slam on the brakes to a complete halt, nearly getting rear ended. Then then proceed to inch across both lanes of traffic, trying to get back to the 403. Not wanting to be the 8 ball in a pool break, I jump onto the shoulder and go around, meanwhile the truck is sitting at a 45 degree angle to the roadway, completely blocking both QEW lanes, patiently waiting for a gap to get onto the 403.

I see suicide moves all the time where people will yank the wheel across four lanes of traffic to barely make an exit, and I just don't understand what is the big deal about taking the next exit. Better to risk death for you and those around you than take a five minute detour...

Wished I had a dash cam last night. Heading home to Hamilton, there's a 26' UHaul in the HOV lane holding up a mile of traffic. HOV lane ends, they stay in the left lane where it splits to go over the Skyway, I'm behind cursing their left lane hogging. Traffic is moving, but well after the split, they decide they absolutely need to go to the 403, and slam on the brakes to a complete halt, nearly getting rear ended. Then then proceed to inch across both lanes of traffic, trying to get back to the 403. Not wanting to be the 8 ball in a pool break, I jump onto the shoulder and go around, meanwhile the truck is sitting at a 45 degree angle to the roadway, completely blocking both QEW lanes, patiently waiting for a gap to get onto the 403.

I see suicide moves all the time where people will yank the wheel across four lanes of traffic to barely make an exit, and I just don't understand what is the big deal about taking the next exit. Better to risk death for you and those around you than take a five minute detour...
To quote, "A bad driver never misses their exit."

Less dramatic but similar. Babe on Dundas Street in Mississauga was in the right lane and realized she wanted to make a left turn. She ended up blocking several lanes. If she knew the dimensions of her SUV she could have cleared at least one land.

Would it be possible to throw a trick turn into the driver's test. Have the examiner give the student a direction and then say "I've changed my mind. Go the other way"

Less dramatic but similar. Babe on Dundas Street in Mississauga was in the right lane and realized she wanted to make a left turn. She ended up blocking several lanes. If she knew the dimensions of her SUV she could have cleared at least one land.

Would it be possible to throw a trick turn into the driver's test. Have the examiner give the student a direction and then say "I've changed my mind. Go the other way"
A deliberate trick, as part of the official test, would never be permitted.

I guess ultimately it comes down to the self-obsession so common these days. Main character syndrome, etc. Some genuinely struggle to conceive that their convenience isn't worth the exponential inconvenience inflicted on others, let alone putting people's lives at risk.

I guess ultimately it comes down to the self-obsession so common these days. Main character syndrome, etc. Some genuinely struggle to conceive that their convenience isn't worth the exponential inconvenience inflicted on others, let alone putting people's lives at risk.

There's a reason for NO STOPPING signs on major roads. It's only five minutes for the driver but it's also five minutes each for the 200 cars that can't move. 200 X 5 = 1000 minutes = 16 hours of accumulated wasted time.

401 and Leslie last night. Truck crash/fire. Not sure whether they were sleeping or not paying attention but this was 100% at fault by the trucker.

And yesterday was a complete gong show as they shutdown part of the westbound 401.
Then I believe there was another accident around noon.
I had to go east then north to get around that entire area, for a west end location.

I gotta get a permanent WFH gig as this city is going to grind to a complete halt.

And yesterday was a complete gong show as they shutdown part of the westbound 401.
Then I believe there was another accident around noon.
I had to go east then north to get around that entire area, for a west end location.

I gotta get a permanent WFH gig as this city is going to grind to a complete halt.
I got stuck in that show going eastbound due to all the gawkers. Watched GMaps like a hawk all day to see if they opened it, and then just decided to eat the 407 bill as that wasn't going to get any better. Glad I did as it opened after 3pm or so.

I couldn't get the video link to work. Here's an alternate. No video of crash just aftermath.

At 5:00am, this morning, it appeared that the westbound Gardiner was completely closed, somewhere around Grand Ave.. Down to one lane, eastbound, just west of that. Left and right lanes were blocked by fire trucks, due to flooding.

At 5:00am, this morning, it appeared that the westbound Gardiner was completely closed, somewhere around Grand Ave.. Down to one lane, eastbound, just west of that. Left and right lanes were blocked by fire trucks, due to flooding.
Some idiot decided to drive through the flood...and had to be rescued as his car (shockingly) died mid-way through the flood...

There he is in the photo...

Some idiot decided to drive through the flood...and had to be rescued as his car (shockingly) died mid-way through the flood...

There he is in the photo...

Yup, that's what it looked like. I didn't see a car, but it might have been screened by the fire truck. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the ongoing Gardiner construction because there is frequently a little water that accumulates in that area in the breakdown lane, but I've never seen that much before.

Back
Top Bottom