The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 330 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

A few years ago I got caught out down there and literally forced onto the streetcar track right-of-way. No fun.
I see more crazy crap down there than anywhere else I've driven (in Canada). There's something about the lack of distinction between the road, the streetcar tracks, the bike path and the pedestrian sidewalk that gives very little clear visual guidance on where to go, and when you combine that with the me-first and panic rush approach of many Toronto drivers, leads to constant chaos. Add all the 'no left turn' requirements, gridlock from Lakeshore and the Gardiner spilling back onto Queens Quay, big crowds on the weekend, people desperately searching for parking that doesn't cost the equivalent of a mortgage payment, and it's often pure chaos. Spent over 45 minutes stuck in gridlock not long ago trying to get one block up Yonge between Queens Quay and the Lakeshore. Just an absolute logjam of queue cutters, intersection parkers, sidewalk drivers, the whole package. If I didn't have to go there, I would never go there...

Downloaded the dashcam from my car. Sorry for the crap quality. Lightworks free downgraded to 720p. What are people using as a free editor?

Downloaded the dashcam from my car. Sorry for the crap quality. Lightworks free downgraded to 720p. What are people using as a free editor?

Trust me, it works much better if you play "Colonel Bogey", "The Liberty Bell", or "Yakety Sax" over the video.

Wow, surprisingly unsurprising. How there are not more "accidents" I'll never know...
You should make a site for this, would be interesting to see what people upload.

Wow, surprisingly unsurprising. How there are not more "accidents" I'll never know...
You should make a site for this, would be interesting to see what people upload.
There are lots of such sites around already and it's easier to submit to them, if you don't want to go through the hassle of keeping up regular content. I did it for a while but it was ultimately taking more time than I was willing to give. Dashcam Lessons on YouTube is a good one.

As Rob said. Lots of options if I wanted to submit content. I have zero interest in being a content creator. I made the youtube account and maybe I will but some things up for people to find. There will be zero effort to upload regularly nor try to game the algorithm..

There are lots of such sites around already and it's easier to submit to them, if you don't want to go through the hassle of keeping up regular content. I did it for a while but it was ultimately taking more time than I was willing to give. Dashcam Lessons on YouTube is a good one.
I've seen many, but would be interesting to see local content. I'm sure it is out there. But yes it is a time consuming hobby and typically not worth the effort.

I've seen many, but would be interesting to see local content. I'm sure it is out there. But yes it is a time consuming hobby and typically not worth the effort.
I believe there's a GTA traffic Reddit thread. Or fifty. I frequently recognize locations on channels like Dashcam Lessons as being around the GTA, especially Brampton and Mississauga. You'll still find a few of my old videos on my morallyambiguousnet Youtube channel.

Interesting I don't really use Reddit so that explains why I'm not seeing these.

I see more crazy crap down there than anywhere else I've driven (in Canada). There's something about the lack of distinction between the road, the streetcar tracks, the bike path and the pedestrian sidewalk that gives very little clear visual guidance on where to go, and when you combine that with the me-first and panic rush approach of many Toronto drivers, leads to constant chaos. Add all the 'no left turn' requirements, gridlock from Lakeshore and the Gardiner spilling back onto Queens Quay, big crowds on the weekend, people desperately searching for parking that doesn't cost the equivalent of a mortgage payment, and it's often pure chaos. Spent over 45 minutes stuck in gridlock not long ago trying to get one block up Yonge between Queens Quay and the Lakeshore. Just an absolute logjam of queue cutters, intersection parkers, sidewalk drivers, the whole package. If I didn't have to go there, I would never go there...
You pretty much hit all of the reasons why I refuse to set foot into the downtown TO area. And this is coming from a retired TTC employee who was required to drive around all transit serviced areas of the city for 38 years! I am thankful that I retired 13 years ago and was able to regain what little bit of my sanity had survived until that point.

You pretty much hit all of the reasons why I refuse to set foot into the downtown TO area. And this is coming from a retired TTC employee who was required to drive around all transit serviced areas of the city for 38 years! I am thankful that I retired 13 years ago and was able to regain what little bit of my sanity had survived until that point.
It was more than 13 years ago as I was stopped to let a heavy "D" delivery truck back into a delivery spot. The guy was about to cross the curb when a car drove behind him and used the sidewalk to get around the truck.

45 years ago I was driving a 10 ton diesel on city deliveries. today I'd want one of these:

1719578831801.png

I almost got the new car that I've been wanting, about an hour ago. It was the usual case of a Brampton driver, on the opposite side of the intersection, extending their advanced green by about 3 seconds into my straight through green. Queen and Kennedy.

I almost got the new car that I've been wanting, about an hour ago. It was the usual case of a Brampton driver, on the opposite side of the intersection, extending their advanced green by about 3 seconds into my straight through green. Queen and Kennedy.
Maybe cops should start throwing the 172 tickets for that maneuver every time they see it. It is one of the specifically listed circumstances where it can be applied. There may be no vehicles in brampton after a few weeks and they'd need to use the international centre as an impound lot.

" the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle."

Maybe cops should start throwing the 172 tickets for that maneuver every time they see it. It is one of the specifically listed circumstances where it can be applied. There may be no vehicles in brampton after a few weeks and they'd need to use the international centre as an impound lot.

" the driver executes the left turn immediately before or after the system shows only a circular green indication in both directions and in a manner that indicates an intention to complete or attempt to complete the left turn before the vehicle facing the opposite direction is able to proceed straight through the intersection in response to the circular green indication facing that vehicle."
It's not as simple as just showing the speed reading, so is almost never charged. If they did, they'd triple their take overnight.

Took Thursday off, so no commuting stupidity to vent about. Without further ado, here's Friday's "How not to pass bicycles" video. Of the 6 cars coming in the opposite direction through the S bend only 3 were over the solid line in my lane. Discounting the retard in the Civic passing the cyclist, 50% is a pass, right?

Back
Top Bottom