Stock up on that liquor! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stock up on that liquor!

I was in a convenience store/LCBO outlet on the weekend. Zero bottles of wine or spirits left. Some beer and stuff that didn't look delicious. Apparently they haven't had a shipment since before the strike started. They think they may get an order Tuesday. So Doug's map shows stores that may sell booze but some have no booze to sell and that isn't captured. A wine rack said they typically do 100 cases a week and have been bringing in 300 cases a week and stock is still being depleted (shelves are fronted but not much behind the first row).

I remember that. It would sure solve the pitfalls of the current step-back-and-let-them-walk-out-with-whatever-they-want total loss model in place now.
It would also let me buy cases without them unpacking them and then me repacking them into some other random cardboard box. 10% off for case quantities seems like an easy win all around.

Apparently lots of grocery stores are 100% out of alcohol and wines. LCBO hasn’t been shipping in on the regular, and if the stores are unionized the workers aren’t stocking simply due to support of the LCBO workers.

And also LOTS and LOTS of theft so stores are just not bothering as they get so much stolen it’s not worth the hassle.

I remember that. It would sure solve the pitfalls of the current step-back-and-let-them-walk-out-with-whatever-they-want total loss model in place now.
Agreed, funny how things change.

Then: keep the booze away, when no one would steal it.
Now: put it right by the door, so it's easier to steal.
*The above two lines are sarcasm, I know they are not accurate, but they illustrate a point.

We did a quick cross-border shopping day yesterday and I couldn't believe how busy it was in the Peace Bridge Duty Free (leaving Canada). I've been in that place many times and have never seen so many people in there. Not sure if these were Canadians who were planning on returning the same day with their purchases and declaring it, or just lying about the fact their trunk was full of booze. I bought a 12 pack of Yuengling in Buffalo and told the border guard about it. No problem, no duty, have a nice day.

Think I may try ordering something through LCBO online. Heard a lot of cancelled orders...but may work.

Right now I'm still stocked fairly well. But it's summer...and we have guests from Poland...and the kids are insane...

Order from your local brewery’s and distilleries. Most have reasonable or even free shipping.
Just did! First order placed this morning for a local distillery...

Just did! First order placed this morning for a local distillery...

Will look into these as well. Took a peek online at lcbo for an upcoming whiskey night and everything is out of stock.

As usual, we seem to be getting spin and only part of the story. How has distribution come to such a grinding halt? Allowing RTD and having it in stock are far different (unless this is a backdoor and shipments will go from producers to Loblaws distribution centres?).

As usual, we seem to be getting spin and only part of the story. How has distribution come to such a grinding halt? Allowing RTD and having it in stock are far different (unless this is a backdoor and shipments will go from producers to Loblaws distribution centres?).
The distribution out of LCBO warehouses is being hindered by the picketers / striking workers. It doesn't take much for LCBO / Doug to just say 'screw it', producers to ship direct to the storefronts.

The longer this goes, the harder it will be for the workers / public to get behind the striking union.

It's a genius play by Doug. Piss off the union / workers enough and they'll do the damage to themselves that will be irreparable.

Imagine if Ford put half the energy into fixing the healthcare system that he does to providing his base with ready to drink cocktails. I thought Lastman was a clown, this guy is the ringmaster of a three ring circus.
Moving booze around is a few meetings and not much money.

Fixing healthcare needs many billions and probably some very painful conversations. Increase GP comp substantially so more doctors go that route. Kill the plan that every hospital needs a CEO. They need general managers not CEO's. Calculate economic viability of treatments. If a treatment costs $100K and extends your life by a month or two, sorry, that isn't covered by public. If you have the means or private insurance to cover it, it isn't blocked but we can't fund every possible treatment.

Moving booze around is a few meetings and not much money.

Fixing healthcare needs many billions and probably some very painful conversations. Increase GP comp substantially so more doctors go that route. Kill the plan that every hospital needs a CEO. They need general managers not CEO's. Calculate economic viability of treatments. If a treatment costs $100K and extends your life by a month or two, sorry, that isn't covered by public. If you have the means or private insurance to cover it, it isn't blocked but we can't fund every possible treatment.
I would assume we spend a lot of money on treatments for people only live a month or two after it seems cruel but really shouldn't be publicly funded

Sent from the future

I would assume we spend a lot of money on treatments for people only live a month or two after it seems cruel but really shouldn't be publicly funded

Sent from the future
Lots of research on what can we do. Not too much thought into what should we do. Same ugly argument needs to be had with LTC. We are very good at keeping people alive for years or decades that have no quality of life (and in many cases beg for death but they aren't mentally competent enough to get MAiD).

Lots of research on what can we do. Not too much thought into what should we do. Same ugly argument needs to be had with LTC. We are very good at keeping people alive for years or decades that have no quality of life (and in many cases beg for death but they aren't mentally competent enough to get MAiD).
Yes I see that one as well My grandmother just died after 5 years in LTC the last two weren't very good

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom