Stock up on that liquor! | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stock up on that liquor!

Moving booze around is a few meetings and not much money.

Fixing healthcare needs many billions and probably some very painful conversations. Increase GP comp substantially so more doctors go that route. Kill the plan that every hospital needs a CEO. They need general managers not CEO's. Calculate economic viability of treatments. If a treatment costs $100K and extends your life by a month or two, sorry, that isn't covered by public. If you have the means or private insurance to cover it, it isn't blocked but we can't fund every possible treatment.

Moving booze around and simultaneously butting heads with unions appeals to your average Ford voter in a short term/immediate gratification sense and can be accomplished by a fat clown with ADHD.

Fixing healthcare is a job for serious adults, is difficult and requires a degree of political acumen with a sustained focus.

One is absolutely necessary in the province. The other is a distraction.

Just to add….it could be argued that even easier access to booze is likely to make #2 harder.

On another level / topic...is anyone into home brewing of hard liquors? Beers? Etc?

Seeing a LOT of advertising for the VEVOR kits and I'm almost tempted to just snap one up.

As expected, LCBO has shaken up distribution to keep the cash coming. Post is from a random person on fb but it makes sense and aligns with what I was told at an agency store.

"LCBO changed the regs on us (top shelf) delivering to agency stores last night (Tuesday) so we are hitting the road today stocking those rural locations up. Prior we were not allowed to deliver to them."

As expected, LCBO has shaken up distribution to keep the cash coming. Post is from a random person on fb but it makes sense and aligns with what I was told at an agency store.

"LCBO changed the regs on us (top shelf) delivering to agency stores last night (Tuesday) so we are hitting the road today stocking those rural locations up. Prior we were not allowed to deliver to them."
What exactly does that mean? They're restocking 'agency' stores? Like the actual locations? Or the secondary / retail operations?

What exactly does that mean? They're restocking 'agency' stores? Like the actual locations? Or the secondary / retail operations?
I think they are restocking LCBO agency stores directly (eg convenience stores). I'm not sure of the extent and whether they are also dropping off cases to restaurants. In any case, it sounds like an endrun around the logjammed warehouse has started.

Radio ads now by the LCBO management, we’ve met every concession except Ready to drink cocktails and that one is NOT on the table . Union is not making any friends . Tourism Ontario has come out swinging that this is costing money and jobs. A recent poll suggested only 17% of Ontario is finding this inconvenient. I run a YC bar and I’m not too concerned yet. Stonehooker, Cameron’s Dillons and Maverick are all within 30 mins at the most . Sit on the picket line you wankers .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Radio ads now by the LCBO management, we’ve met every concession except Ready to drink cocktails and that one is NOT on the table . Union is not making any friends . Tourism Ontario has come out swinging that this is costing money and jobs. A recent poll suggested only 17% of Ontario is finding this inconvenient. I run a YC bar and I’m not too concerned yet. Stonehooker, Cameron’s Dillons and Maverick are all within 30 mins at the most . Sit on the picket line you wankers .

"Met all demands" as a soundbite sure. 7% raise, more permanent jobs, etc. Since those numbers came from brass, I assume that is 7% over 3-4 years and union was looking to almost triple the permanent roles and I suspect they were offered a handful. So you can say you gave them what they wanted but I suspect the union wanted something of a far different magnitude than that offered.

I'm with you. Let them bake the sun. Public sector unions are a pox on society and must be destroyed.

I’d like more extreme rain , followed by hail and maybe a plague of mosquitoes and locusts , centered around LCBO stores . I wish them doom and eventually failure . Yes that’s a bit harsh .

I’d like more extreme rain , followed by hail and maybe a plague of mosquitoes and locusts , centered around LCBO stores . I wish them doom and eventually failure . Yes that’s a bit harsh .

Mobile 5G repeater towers parked out front of picketed stores. Microwave the bastards.

Pardon my ignorance, but what’s a YC bar?

1721340346854.png1721340346854.png1721340346854.png1721340346854.png

Recently had some KingFisher beer. Does anyone know which LCBO or Beer Store has them in stock? I am in Mississauga!
update
Since the strike is still going on, the LCBO is offering free delivery. 12 KingFisher will be arriving shortly at my doorstep!

Last edited:
Back to work peons!

I wonder whether the union actually achieved anything.

Tentative deal reached. Stores reopen Tuesday.

Screeching halt again. Province refuses to sign the back to work protocol that the union wants. Is this the document where previous liberal governments repaid all expenses the union incurred during the strike? Let them bake in the sun.

or hitting another boat or the dock. loosing a race. the excuses are endless
Owning a boat is enough of an excuse to need a YC bar.

Good for team Dougie for digging in on paying all the “strike” expenses for these guys . Today is the last regular pay check for LCBO employees and Monday they start the $300 a week strike pay. Pay that car loan and condo lease now wankers . Sit in the sun and bake .

Back
Top Bottom