Stock up on that liquor! | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stock up on that liquor!

Effing idiots. All good and then add a clause as a Hail Mary….

I’m sorry but my sympathies to the workers, but the union played the wrong card with other people’s lives.

Good for team Dougie for digging in on paying all the “strike” expenses for these guys . Today is the last regular pay check for LCBO employees and Monday they start the $300 a week strike pay. Pay that car loan and condo lease now wankers . Sit in the sun and bake .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
How crooked does a union have to be before we can prohibit them from ever dealing with a public sector employer again? I feel bad for the employees. Being told the union is there to protect them when really they have a lamprey eel chewing on them and bleeding them dry.

"A government source tells CityNews the union is making new monetary demands after the agreement was reached.

The LCBO says it will file an unfair labour practice against the union.

“Earlier today, OPSEU agreed to the deal by entering into a minutes of settlement that requires a recommendation of ratification to their members. They have since introduced significant new monetary demands that should have been dealt with at the bargaining table. To introduce a new set of demands after reaching a tentative agreement amounts to bad faith bargaining,” the LCBO said in a brief statement."

And the sheep spend their lives trusting the shepherd to protect them from the wolves , only to be eaten by the shepherd.

Yup. Exactly as expected. Union included "standard language" that the previous liberal governments happily signed off on to fully pay everyone that caused a disaster in pursuit of personal gain. There shpuld never have been a "made whole" clause in the first place. You chose not to work, you don't get compensation.

"
They said that the document did not contain any new monetary demands beyond “standard language” that calls for members to be “made whole” for the days that they were not paid due to the strike.

Hornick said that similar language has been used in the last three strikes that the union has settled in Ontario."

Yup. Exactly as expected. Union included "standard language" that the previous liberal governments happily signed off on to fully pay everyone that caused a disaster in pursuit of personal gain. There shpuld never have been a "made whole" clause in the first place. You chose not to work, you don't get compensation.

"
They said that the document did not contain any new monetary demands beyond “standard language” that calls for members to be “made whole” for the days that they were not paid due to the strike.

Hornick said that similar language has been used in the last three strikes that the union has settled in Ontario."
To steal another’s words, let the wankers bake in the sun for $300 a week.

I’m doing my part by switching from whisky to beer.

To steal another’s words, let the wankers bake in the sun for $300 a week.

I’m doing my part by switching from whisky to beer.
The problem is that those wankers don’t actually have a choice. The union went on strike, and the workers have to follow.

I feel for the workers that are caught up in all this. I’m sure they’d rather just keep working.

The problem is that those wankers don’t actually have a choice. The union went on strike, and the workers have to follow.

I feel for the workers that are caught up in all this. I’m sure they’d rather just keep working.
They wouldn't be on strike if the majority of workers hadn't voted to go on strike in the first place, so they actually do have a choice. They likely voted to go on strike because on previous occasions the "made whole" wording in the return to work protocol has lessened the financial impact of loss of pay during the strike.

They wouldn't be on strike if the majority of workers hadn't voted to go on strike in the first place, so they actually do have a choice. They likely voted to go on strike because on previous occasions the "made whole" wording in the return to work protocol has lessened the financial impact of loss of pay during the strike.
They drank the kool-aid. Union promises the moon and raises fear of the big bad wolf if they don't fight back. Neither the union nor management really care about the workers. They are disposable pawns in a bigger game. Expecting members of a cult to tell their leaders off is a folly.

My understanding is if they don't give the union the mandate to strike, it's basically like saying the union is finished.

The union winds up the workers with tales of how much they deserve and how they need to stand up for jobs , and they vote for a strike .
Saw a girl wearing a T shirt , respect me, recognize me, Pay me . Standing be side a gal wearing a T shirt that says, it’s not about money . Uhhmmm Oky…..

So what I’m reading is….8% wage increase over 3 years, 1000 casual workers converted to permanent full time, no store closures.

What’s unclear is whether the LCBO agreed to the back pay / strike pay clause or not.

Overall doesn’t seem like a huge win.

Did OPSEU get *anything* beyond what the LCBO was offering them at the time they decided to strike? And if not, why'd they give up after only two weeks?

Did OPSEU get *anything* beyond what the LCBO was offering them at the time they decided to strike? And if not, why'd they give up after only two weeks?
They got 1% raise over the contract length and maybe some casual to permanent jobs. Government offer at time of strike included some casual to permanent but I didn't seen a source that said how many. Final contract had 1000.

Union got their ass handed to them. I think union gave up when it became obvious that their hair-brained demands to dictate public policy and have perpetual job security would mean they were never coming back to work. Government handed them the smallest carrot possible so they could justify to their members why they should vote to ratify now when they voted to strike two weeks ago. If government stuck with the initial offer, there is the risk of members ignoring the union and outcome of the vote would be unknown ahead of time. No party wants uncertainty during labour disruptions.

Last edited:
Havent read all the details , my take would be several thousands workers realizing no one was giving them a "back pay settlement" , and this week they would switch to strike pay of 300ish a week, some car loans and rent cheques would need covered . Bit of friction with payables rubbing on the income steam . Best go back to work fellas.
I think OPSEU gave themselves way to much faith in public support , virtually anyone I have talked to , if they had an opinion, it was 'who cares'?

Havent read all the details , my take would be several thousands workers realizing no one was giving them a "back pay settlement" , and this week they would switch to strike pay of 300ish a week, some car loans and rent cheques would need covered . Bit of friction with payables rubbing on the income steam . Best go back to work fellas.
I think OPSEU gave themselves way to much faith in public support , virtually anyone I have talked to , if they had an opinion, it was 'who cares'?
Same in my circle of friends. ‘Let them all rot. We should be able to buy alcohol where and how we want. Let them keep striking until they go broke or come begging back for their jobs.’

I’m supportive of the workers, but feel they got duped on this one. And the union believed the Doug Ford hate is universal…they bet on the wrong horse this time around.

I’m guessing this is the last hurrah for the lcbo union. They have a 3 year deal, when that’s over I’ll bet the gov will have a fast plan to open the retail and distribution markets.

Just under 1100 days in the countdown.

I love the LCBO as a concept, and no one including Walmart can outmatch the buying power . BUT if a group like the US premier liquors could exist , you’ll get pop up specials like a Trader Joes , LCBO likes consistent supply , they don’t take advantage of 30 cases deals . Opportunity buys could make things interesting.

Back
Top Bottom