Stock up on that liquor! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stock up on that liquor!

I love the LCBO as a concept, and no one including Walmart can outmatch the buying power . BUT if a group like the US premier liquors could exist , you’ll get pop up specials like a Trader Joes , LCBO likes consistent supply , they don’t take advantage of 30 cases deals . Opportunity buys could make things interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
buying power is not a strong argument for preserving lcbo. I imagine many manufactures and importers would be more aggressive in pricing in a competitive market where deals and pricing are tools for building awareness, market share and clearing inventory.

Opening the market also opens things for producers who can meet the onerous lcbo listing requirements.

More choices, better prices, and no more public subsidy for a govt company that competes with the private sector.

I worry about a model like Alberta that opened it up to private vendors , selection is awful outside major urban centres , and they have two, and pricing is not good at all . Quebec , while mostly using the provincial retailer is no deal . Prices are worse than Ontario on average .

I worry about a model like Alberta that opened it up to private vendors , selection is awful outside major urban centres , and they have two, and pricing is not good at all . Quebec , while mostly using the provincial retailer is no deal . Prices are worse than Ontario on average .

Only retailing is done privately in Alberta. The province is not open for distribution except for provincial producers, that’s still done by the province.

I think the plan in Ontario is to get the gov out of the supply chain.

If we adopted a US model, the gov could still collect their dividend, but pull substantial cost out by using established distribution channels.

That could cut prices a lot.

Only retailing is done privately in Alberta. The province is not open for distribution except for provincial producers, that’s still done by the province.

I think the plan in Ontario is to get the gov out of the supply chain.

If we adopted a US model, the gov could still collect their dividend, but pull substantial cost out by using established distribution channels.

That could cut prices a lot.
I do not expect prices to be cut in any way shape or form the further into private we go.

Actually I expect them to climb further and further.

If Costco here , would be like Costco US , I’d be good with that . Nice wine selection and beer in the US . We would put some dumb arsed rule about CanCon on the paperwork and I’d be getting Konzellmann almost red .

Back
Top Bottom