Local Auto Thefts | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Local Auto Thefts

Seems the punishment isn't severe enough ... are our jails just over filled so they pick & choose the worst of the worst to actually do some time?
As a start, if you manage to do something dumb enough to get arrested while on bail, it should be reverse onus for bail. Prove to the courts why you aren't a risk. That's a big hill to climb

If we don't have enough space in jail, ankle bracelets for all. Don't even make it optional. If you are on bail, you get one. Take it off or commit a crime and you go to jail. No warnings.

Last edited:
So many vehicles, so little cash found. 2k. Wow.
They also found money counters....wonder what the need for those would be for? Surely not counting 2 grand.
I'd say seize every criminals bank account and make them prove where they got the money in it from.
The ones getting caught are not the ones making money. These are just press release arrests to pretend police are doing enough to justify their cost.

They recovered 177 vehicles. This investigation lasted six months. York Region alone had ~2500 cars stolen in that period. Toronto about 6000. Recovering ~1% of stolen vehicles is hardly a huge win and won't put a dent in the problem. Chief stupid needs to get his crap together at the port and catch 50% of them before they leave. That may alter the landscape. It will be the greenest thing he has done during his tenure as we will need to procure tens of thousands less energy intensive vehicles every year.

Seems the punishment isn't severe enough ... are our jails just over filled so they pick & choose the worst of the worst to actually do some time?
The west has gone crazy. They are saving the cells for the real criminals, people that offend someone.

Commit a violent crime and get a slap on the wrist, offend someone and get thrown in jail. There was a report out of Germany where a woman got jail time for offending a bunch of rapist that gang raped a 15yr old while only one of the gang of 9 got time.

"None of the defendants have been named publicly but local media reports that five were from Hamburg while the other five were from outside of Germany."

How many of them recent migrants, I wonder...?

"None of the defendants have been named publicly but local media reports that five were from Hamburg while the other five were from outside of Germany."

How many of them recent migrants, I wonder...?
I read that article yesterday. It’s insane the baby gloves the justice system uses on these criminals.

I just can’t fathom WHY they’re being babied. Is it a fear of being labeled a racist? Meanwhile people get slapped for hurting someone’s feelings.

Ludicrous.

I read that article yesterday. It’s insane the baby gloves the justice system uses on these criminals.

I just can’t fathom WHY they’re being babied. Is it a fear of being labeled a racist? Meanwhile people get slapped for hurting someone’s feelings.

Ludicrous.
Yeah the days of actually giving a description of someone that committed a crime are long gone - guess the criminals got all butt-hurt.

I heard something on AM 680 this morning about a stabbing on a bus platform and here's the description you get: "they are looking for a male and female suspect".

Why even bother!?

Yeah the days of actually giving a description of someone that committed a crime are long gone - guess the criminals got all butt-hurt.

I heard something on AM 680 this morning about a stabbing on a bus platform and here's the description you get: "they are looking for a male and female suspect".

Why even bother!?

Suspects are a sperm dispenser and a cervix hole.

Auto theft in Canada: Is getting your vehicle serviced safe?​

Service Ontario employees arrested in massive auto-theft ring bust​

Former Service Ontario employee helped disguise 100 stolen vehicles, Toronto police say​

So far I have only seen low-level criminals get arrested.

As a start, if you manage to do something dumb enough to get arrested while on bail, it should be reverse onus for bail. Prove to the courts why you aren't a risk. That's a big hill to climb

If we don't have enough space in jail, ankle bracelets for all. Don't even make it optional. If you are on bail, you get one. Take it off or commit a crime and you go to jail. No warnings.
Sadly what you posted is sensible, so it will never happen...

Reactions: LBV
Underage criminals?
What happens when the streets handle them...would've been a lot worse in some other country, that's for sure...

Don't worry about other countries, they don't. They don't even worry about this one..
The only thing I can say for certain is that crime will only continue to escalate here and around the world.
It is no longer a matter of IF crime effects you, but WHEN...

Don't worry about other countries, they don't. They don't even worry about this one..
The only thing I can say for certain is that crime will only continue to escalate here and around the world.
It is no longer a matter of IF crime effects you, but WHEN...
IMO the young offenders act is to cover the tendency of young people to not look far enough down the road when doing something wrong. It gives them a clean start when they hopefully get wiser. That covers opportunistic crime.

However if the crime is premeditated using every tool they have at hand, including using the young offenders act as an escape, it shows the intellectual depth of an adult and they should be treated as adults.

IMO the young offenders act is to cover the tendency of young people to not look far enough down the road when doing something wrong. It gives them a clean start when they hopefully get wiser. That covers opportunistic crime.

However if the crime is premeditated using every tool they have at hand, including using the young offenders act as an escape, it shows the intellectual depth of an adult and they should be treated as adults.

I feel, if the crime is violent or organized, it should be automatic adult charges, being dumb and stealing a car from a driveway to joyride is one thing, dragging someone out of their car at knifepoint or breaking into a house with a gun shows a trait that doesn't belong in a civilized society.

Back
Top Bottom