Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 346 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters
When we were kids growing up police officers had to hold themselves to a higher standard - the community expected it.
The union ruined that - not that I anything against unions in general but the police union considers itself a law unto itself.

Or.. the cops were the same.. but society had blinders on.
Yesterday's cops got away with things that today's cops would even think of trying.

Yesterday's cops got away with things that today's cops would even think of trying.
I think previous generations of cops were a lot harder on bad guys and a lot more respectful of the general public. Current cops toned down some of the beatings but show open disdain to everyone that's not a cop.

Another black eye for YRP. If they actually took damage from the beatings they take when light is shone on them, they would look worse than pedophiles they arrested back in the day. OIPRD attempted to keep report confidential until they were pushed. Dirty. YRP has no comment on whether cops were disciplined after being found negligent.

That cop didn't just show poor judgement, she showed that a citizen giving her grief about parking is enough to trigger her. She's in the wrong line of work. Policing is a thankless job and part of it, a large part of it is dealing with the public.

I thought they were hiring people with brain cells (university degrees) these days. Just who are you passing @jc100 ...

But in all seriousness, @Rob MacLennan has the right of it. "Sorry for the inconvenience, If you wish to make a complaint my badge number is x my name is x. Have a good day." And begone. No sergeant is going to give a **** about a parking complaint. But being on video and getting in the news about flipping off a citizen will certainly get some higher ups attention.

I’d never be a cop. I get enough abuse in my current job.

True.

We traded that for repeat criminals getting away with things yesterday's criminals wouldn't thing of trying.

Wait what? Police brutality is what kept the crime rate low?
At least there were some consequences for stupid behaviour. Adding more pages to your record does absolutely nothing to help, reform or protect anybody. Obviously there were major issues when the police focused on the wrong person and administered a beat down.

At least there were some consequences for stupid behaviour. Adding more pages to your record does absolutely nothing to help, reform or protect anybody. Obviously there were major issues when the police focused on the wrong person and administered a beat down.
I get it but the judicial system needs to be held accountable for the retreat offenders. I don't want the consequences to come from meat head officers. Is a beat down even an effective deterrent?

I get it but the judicial system needs to be held accountable for the retreat offenders. I don't want the consequences to come from meat head officers. Is a beat down even an effective deterrent?
A beat down is more effective than nothing. I agree, I would much rather have courts take appropriate action after trial. Driving while prohibited should have mandatory jail measured in years.

There should be a large penalty to the vehicle owner, maybe a 1 month impound with associated fees, maybe something to inform the insurance company??? That will discourage the enablers.

It will not stop these dirtbags from being members of the unregistered beater of the month club but that is what ALPR is (or could be used) for...

There should be a large penalty to the vehicle owner, maybe a 1 month impound with associated fees, maybe something to inform the insurance company??? That will discourage the enablers.

It will not stop these dirtbags from being members of the unregistered beater of the month club but that is what ALPR is (or could be used) for...
Driving without insurance and driving while suspended/prohibited seem to occur together in most of the cases. Impounding the car and refusing to release it until it was insured seems like an easy first step. If the car had a plate/ownership issue, add a required safety inspection prior to releasing (could be towed to a mechanic of the dirtbags choice and on their prepaid dime but that mechanic can't legally release until it passes).

Driving without insurance and driving while suspended/prohibited seem to occur together in most of the cases. Impounding the car and refusing to release it until it was insured seems like an easy first step. If the car had a plate/ownership issue, add a required safety inspection prior to releasing (could be towed to a mechanic of the dirtbags choice and on their prepaid dime but that mechanic can't legally release until it passes).
If the dirtbag "owns" the car they will just get another one via the beater of the month club. Cheaper than paying to make it legit or any fees for "storage". ALPR will (eventually) hopefully keep flagging bad plates. One month impound means for them that one is done and goes to auction.

I was targeting the cases where friends and family are handing them keys... or setting them up with a vehicle. Which may be a minority but it happens enough to do something about it. A one month impound will hit them really hard if it is their car, or credit/insurance wise if they are plating and insuring dirtbag's car for them in their name. Right now there is little to discourage this behaviour.

TPS undercover knocks out a bystander and then doesn't attempt to render aid. Bystander made a tactical error by getting too close and not Respecting Ma Authoritay so intervention should have been expected but they can't fail to render aid after they have brutalized someone. Again, major training issues.

Wait what? Police brutality is what kept the crime rate low?
I know a few who thought twice about doing stupid things after taking a ride on the Cherry Beach Express.

Collateral damage. In many cases, the wrong person may have taken a little punishment -- but if my memory serves me, not many innocent people found themselves in the 'beat down' zone -- usually a smart-ass acquaintance or someone close enough to the actual bad guy.

TPS undercover knocks out a bystander and then doesn't attempt to render aid. Bystander made a tactical error by getting too close and not Respecting Ma Authoritay so intervention should have been expected but they can't fail to render aid after they have brutalized someone. Again, major training issues.

From what I can see that's Victoria Street Laneway, just north of Dundas. Based on what I know, I'd say they caught a dealer in the act. Surprised that I don't see a bicycle.

This is painful. Off duty officer who does not identify himself approaches man doing his own thing on the sidewalk, not breaking any laws. Guy refuses to answer questions. (police seem to forget the ability to remain silent part, just because they ask questions doesn't mean they warrant an answer) Guy came back a couple hours later to get incident number on a different event, and was charged with criminal harassment by off duty officer (whom approached him). Charges thrown out, now going after police for wrongful imprisonment. Wonder what kind of payday something like this would cost the taxpayers.

This is painful. Off duty officer who does not identify himself approaches man doing his own thing on the sidewalk, not breaking any laws. Guy refuses to answer questions. (police seem to forget the ability to remain silent part, just because they ask questions doesn't mean they warrant an answer) Guy came back a couple hours later to get incident number on a different event, and was charged with criminal harassment by off duty officer (whom approached him). Charges thrown out, now going after police for wrongful imprisonment. Wonder what kind of payday something like this would cost the taxpayers.

52 division, handcuffed to a chair
I'm trying to line up, to fall down the stairs

Imagine if they ran into our boy Chuck here

Back
Top Bottom