Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 347 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 49.5%

• Total voters
TPS undercover knocks out a bystander and then doesn't attempt to render aid. Bystander made a tactical error by getting too close and not Respecting Ma Authoritay so intervention should have been expected but they can't fail to render aid after they have brutalized someone. Again, major training issues.

Late hit. The guy was backing away after seeing the badges.

I have a feeling there's something being left out of the story we're hearing.

And now.. I find it odd that we haven't heard much, if anything, about this incident since it first happened.
I'm just going to post the two questions that have been on my mind since I read the initial reports..
"Who shot the cop?".. and.. "with who's gun?"

And now.. I find it odd that we haven't heard much, if anything, about this incident since it first happened.
I'm just going to post the two questions that have been on my mind since I read the initial reports..
Well in the famous words of Greta, HOW DARE YOU

Freedom of Information Act request to the SIU?

I'll let myself out.

Yeah, they can decline a FOIA based on "on-going investigation."
Given that there is about a zero percent chance than any of the officers involved will speak to SIU, there is probably not even anything in the file to bother protecting. I still think while the testimony of an officer should not be able to be used against them in a criminal trial, if they refuse to talk to SIU, that should be the end of their career. Pick a side of the law. You can't be the one responsible for enforcing it and actively protecting criminals that you work with.

Given that there is about a zero percent chance than any of the officers involved will speak to SIU, there is probably not even anything in the file to bother protecting. I still think while the testimony of an officer should not be able to be used against them in a criminal trial, if they refuse to talk to SIU, that should be the end of their career. Pick a side of the law. You can't be the one responsible for enforcing it and actively protecting criminals that you work with.
The provenance of the bullet might well answer a lot of questions, if it's largely intact. They likely would have seized the weapons of all officers who were on scene, at the time of the incident, f there was an inkling that one was involved.

The provenance of the bullet might well answer a lot of questions, if it's largely intact. They likely would have seized the weapons of all officers who were on scene, at the time of the incident, f there was an inkling that one was involved.
The official word is the bad guy had a gun that was recovered. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the off-duty had an unregistered handgun and shot themselves and they are trying to pin this on the bad guy. It doesn't take too much help from compatriots to obscure who started with the gun.

I don't think the SIU is involved in the incident.. ?
They should be but you may be right. If the official narrative is no officer shot and the suspect was not seriously injured, there is no oversight at all other than internal (which is even more useless than SIU). Interesting how a small lie at the scene can eliminate oversight. SIU should be involved every time there are bullets flying to ensure that the official narrative is what actually happened.

Tough crowd here. I would give him some slack on account of him doing his job while off duty.

Police 101. Now they have charged the victim. Drop your complaint or you're getting a record for not Respecting Ma Authority (even though we were plain clothes and you backed away as soon as we identified ourselves).

Police 101. Now they have charged the victim. Drop your complaint or you're getting a record for not Respecting Ma Authority (even though we were plain clothes and you backed away as soon as we identified ourselves).

Yup, typical intimidation tactic. Before that the civvy would have thought that it was just a bunch of guys ganging up on someone. I predict $1M+ in compensation, but a sealed agreement.

I guess that also proves that I know the area pretty well, after 25 years working there, since I called both the reason for the arrest and where it happened. I'm betting it was shot from the 3rd or 4th floor windows of 33 Dundas East. Anyone familiar with the area would know better than to step into anything that goes on there, but someone who wanders over from Y-D Square likely wouldn't have a clue.

Back
Top Bottom