Having kids, father gets no say ? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having kids, father gets no say ?

What if we said that abortion is killing, but it's not necessarily murder. That could be logically consistent, but still allow room for a pro-choice point of view.

How can you kill something that isn't alive? This takes me back to my tumor analogy. A tumor is a group of living cells but removing it isn't killing. For an unwanted pregnancy it could be seen that the cells forming in the uterus are a parasite living off of the mother. People have arms and legs amputated when they are groups of living cells but it isn't considered killing. I guess this leads to Rob's statement that something isn't alive until it could function as a living being. I tend to draw the line a little earlier with regards to consciousness.

Another issue that comes up when you start thinking of a fetus as just a "clump of cells" is when someone does something to an expectant mother that results in the loss of her baby. If it's just a "clump of cells" then it's not big deal, right? But if you're a happy expectant couple you're not going to be too pleased about it.

Mothers own bodies spontaniously abort these 'clumps' of cells all the time. Hence the taboo of announcing your pregnancy within the first trimester. Is that considered murdering of your own child?

Last edited:
Pregnancy can also be reversed with a minor medical procedure.

Early abortion is just removing a clump of cells. Not much different from removing a tumor in the case of an unwanted child (remember it isn't a child yet just a clump of cells). If a tumor was going to destroy your current way of life or your plans for the future wouldn't you have it removed?

For all those that are for unwanted children being born I sure hope you donate to the organizations that help kids born into crappy homes and adoption agencies etc. Its funny how people feel so strongly about a clump of cells pre-birth and then could care less about the life that child will have to live from that point onward.

I'm just glad there are enough people in this country with common sense that we can choose to have an abortion or not.

Minor eh...ok if you say so. Tell that to a woman that has just had her insides scraped and almost dies a week after because not all the "pieces" were taken out and they get infected. Not me by the way, I would never abort a baby but someone close to me.

And this is just a clump of cells like a tumor??? Just look up what a 3 month fetus should look like.

Minor eh...ok if you say so. Tell that to a woman that has just had her insides scraped and almost dies a week after because not all the "pieces" were taken out and they get infected. Not me by the way, I would never abort a baby but someone close to me.

And this is just a clump of cells like a tumor??? Just look up what a 3 month fetus should look like.

I don't need to look up pictures of a 3 month fetus. I have seen them with 2 of my kids. If I take the emotion out of it they really are just a clump of cells.

I knew a guy who got deathly ill from minor dental surgery. I guess those are wrong also. The statistics prove its safe enough and far safer then driving in a car. All surgery has its risks.

You say you would never abort a baby... I'm curious what is that based on? Religion, medical, gross out factor? the thoughts of what it could become?

Last edited:

You are absolutely right. Abortion is dangerous. Pregnancy, however, is 100% safe and has never caused anyone any harm, ever.

Furthermore, abortion should be made illegal because having an abortion performed in a hospital or clinic by a medical doctor is just way too unsafe. Doing it in a back alley with a knitting needle or wire coathanger is far preferable.

When women to stupid crap like this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34225823/ns/health-pregnancy/t/more-women-choose-do-it-yourself-births/

They lose any credibility playing the "unsafe" card.

You are absolutely right. Abortion is dangerous. Pregnancy, however, is 100% safe and has never caused anyone any harm, ever.

Furthermore, abortion should be made illegal because having an abortion performed in a hospital or clinic by a medical doctor is just way too unsafe. Doing it in a back alley with a knitting needle or wire coathanger is far preferable.

Careful there. Sarcasm is known to get lost on this forum. ;)

When women to stupid crap like this:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34225823/ns/health-pregnancy/t/more-women-choose-do-it-yourself-births/

They lose any credibility playing the "unsafe" card.

why is this stupid ? if she is more relaxed at home and shes healthy and confident in her body why is it unsafe? thats what a woman is suppose to do. Give birth on her own without any medication or any doctors trying to rush her cuz shes exceeding the "time limit" at the hospital. If I ever have kids thats exactly what Im doing!

why is this stupid ? if she is more relaxed at home and shes healthy and confident in her body why is it unsafe? thats what a woman is suppose to do. Give birth on her own without any medication or any doctors trying to rush her cuz shes exceeding the "time limit" at the hospital. If I ever have kids thats exactly what Im doing!

If there are complications during child birth would you want the medical professionals 40 feet down the hall or perhaps even in the room with you? or would you prefer to have to call 911, wait for an ambulance to arrive then endure the subsequent drive to the hospital?

Being relaxed at home won't help you if you're bleeding out.....

If your intent is to ignore the medical advances made in the last 100 years and the effect they've had on deaths during child birth.. then thats a risk you take. You reap what you sow.

If there are complications during child birth would you want the medical professionals 40 feet down the hall or perhaps even in the room with you? or would you prefer to have to call 911, wait for an ambulance to arrive then endure the subsequent drive to the hospital?

Being relaxed at home won't help you if you're bleeding out.....

If your intent is to ignore the medical advances made in the last 100 years and the effect they've had on deaths during child birth.. then thats a risk you take. You reap what you sow.

but what if there isnt any complications liek with the example u gave above of the woman giving birth on her own . then what ?? shes fine the baby is fine , they had their moment when the baby was born and all that. I dont know why ppl think its soo bad to have babies in ur own house and not at a hospital. Not to say that if u already had complications or w/e then yea go to a hospital. But if ur sitting there and thinking omg whhat if something goes wrong all the time then yea go to a hospital get drugged up , eventually get a c- section cuz the baby is not moving fast enough etc etc. But if u read up on how to stay intuitive with ur body during labour and maybe hire a midwife then I think u should be fine.

but what if there isnt any complications liek with the example u gave above of the woman giving birth on her own . then what ?? shes fine the baby is fine , they had their moment when the baby was born and all that. I dont know why ppl think its soo bad to have babies in ur own house and not at a hospital. Not to say that if u already had complications or w/e then yea go to a hospital. But if ur sitting there and thinking omg whhat if something goes wrong all the time then yea go to a hospital get drugged up , eventually get a c- section cuz the baby is not moving fast enough etc etc. But if u read up on how to stay intuitive with ur body during labour and maybe hire a midwife then I think u should be fine.

wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternal_death

the countries with the lowest maternal death rates are also the countries with the best medical systems? how very strange... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i guess ur the kind of person that pops tylenol ever other day, maybe if u do more reading everything ive said wont be so "wow"

you sure have me figured out.

im sure you know more about child birth and whats safest for you and the baby than everyone at the hospital. as long as the dad knows how to deal with an obstetrical hemmorage or deep vein thrombosis you should be fine. i assume he's trained and qualified to handle such an event?

you sure have me figured out.

im sure you know more about child birth and whats safest for you and the baby than everyone at the hospital. as long as the dad knows how to deal with an obstetrical hemmorage or deep vein thrombosis you should be fine. i assume he's trained and qualified to handle such an event?

and taht must happen 100% of the time to every single woman that give birth?

http://www.pregnancy-info.net/homebirths.html here read. dont bother cuz ur too closed minded anyway.

Quote from your article:

Home Birth and Emergencies
One concern women have about giving birth at home is what happens in an emergency situation. Midwives are trained to deal with certain emergencies at home. However, in the unlikely event that something serious were to arise, you would need to be rushed to the hospital. Obviously, giving birth in a hospital would have a distinct benefit in this situation, but it is not often that serious situations occur in uncomplicated pregnancies.

The article i linked stated that there was no midwife present during childbirth. No doctors or midwives. No one professionally trained to deal with an emergency should one arise. If you're planning on having a midwife present then you're not discussing the same thing i am.

Quote from your article:

One concern women have about giving birth at home is what happens in an emergency situation. Midwives are trained to deal with certain emergencies at home. However, in the unlikely event that something serious were to arise, you would need to be rushed to the hospital. Obviously, giving birth in a hospital would have a distinct benefit in this situation, but it is not often that serious situations occur in uncomplicated pregnancies.

The article i linked stated that there was no midwife present during childbirth. No doctors or midwives. No one professionally trained to deal with an emergency should one arise. If you're planning on having a midwife present then you're not discussing the same thing i am.

I definelty agree with the midwife thing, lets say a couple is having their first child and they want to do a home birth, then for sure hire a midwife and be extra caucious(sp) since none of them have gone through it b4 and they will need the midwife to walk them through. Now theyre pregnant again and wnt to have the second child at home with no assistance bcuz they feel confident in their ability to handle the situation. Would that be wrong?

Quote from your article:

This.

Hey Rina. How can you tell that there will be no complications or emergency needs for you to decide "Oh I will just do this in the comfort of my own home"?
You can't.
A woman can go 9 months with a seemingly-healthy pregnancy but then at the time of the actual birth, a hundred different things can happen.
I am not a woman, but I surely would want someone who knows how to handle emergencies very close by during that process.
When the times comes, I don't want to be the one responsible for handling a problem after my wife has used all her might to give birth.
What if the baby dies in my arms simply because the ambulance took too long to get to my house?
What are the emotional repercussions of that happening?
How do you think it will affect the woman?

*edit*
From the msnbc link

While do-it-yourself deliveries are still uncommon, many doctors and midwives consider them dangerous. Risks can range from hemorrhage in the mother to problems with the baby’s oxygen supply during delivery.

“Most births are not complicated but when something goes wrong, everything happens very quickly and things can go downhill very fast,”

Last edited:
This.

Hey Rina. How can you tell that there will be no complications or emergency needs for you to decide "Oh I will just do this in the comfort of my own home"?
You can't.
A woman can go 9 months with a seemingly-healthy pregnancy but then at the time of the actual birth, a hundred different things can happen.
I am not a woman, but I surely would want someone who knows how to handle emergencies very close by during that process.
When the times comes, I don't want to be the one responsible for handling a problem after my wife has used all her might to give birth.
What if the baby dies in my arms simply because the ambulance took too long to get to my house?
What are the emotional repercussions of that happening?
How do you think it will affect the woman?

*edit*
From the msnbc link

Listen , like u said ur not a woman, so obviously ur NEVER gonna know what its like. And OBVIOUSLY ur gonna say i would want to have a doctor close by etc.etc. but if what im saying is so wrong and so not comperhendable(sp) than why is it that more and more women are trying to give brith this way? Have u ever read womens stories about their stay at the hospital while giving birth?

I would really like to hear a womans opinion on this.

Back
Top Bottom