Having kids, father gets no say ? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having kids, father gets no say ?

What do I want to get out of the birthing experience? To get through it with a healthy child and minimal physical damage to my body. I don't have any romantic notions of "getting caught up in" the birthing experience, and I think it's ridiculous that you're speaking for all women. For those who are into it: good for them, it's their choice. But it's certainly not commonplace, and I'd bet you'd change your mind damn quickly the second you discovered you were pregnant.

Yes, and lots of women and children used to die during childbirth.

at what point did i say im speaking for all women . am i not allowed to voice my opinion????????????????????????????????????????????????

u dont like it thats fine , good for u , but ur nobody to tell me im ridiculous. so fall back!

and another thing, u know nothing about me! so dont go assuming what i would or wouldnt do if i was pregnant!

Last edited:
at what point did i say im speaking for all women

It all depends on what you want out of the birthing experience. Psychologically women think different then men. (Hence the OPs friends problem in the first place) We want the emotional stuff and we get caught up in it. So maybe thats why women want to have their kids at home and without all the chaos. Men are more analitical, they want everything to be done quick safe and pain-free. Ok lol i will stop there.

I dunno, to each their own I guess.

Careful with your generalizations. You will get called on it.

am i not allowed to voice my opinion????????????????????????????????????????????????

u dont like it thats fine , good for u , but ur nobody to tell me im ridiculous. so fall back!

and another thing, u know nothing about me! so dont go assuming what i would or wouldnt do if i was pregnant!

Sure you can voice your opinion. And I'm voicing mine. You asked for other womens' perspectives earlier in this thread, did you not?

Last edited:

Sure you can voice your opinion. And I'm voicing mine. You asked for other womens' perspectives earlier in this thread, did you not?

called out on what ?? my own opinion. It s when u start getting personal like tellling me what i would do if im pregnant that really pisses me off! Like who the **** r u.

called out on what ?? my own opinion. It s when u start getting personal like tellling me what i would do if im pregnant that really pisses me off! Like who the **** r u.

Called out on the blanket statement you made.. she even put it in bold text to highlight it. She never told you what you'd do if you were pregnant either. She offered her opinion about what would happen if you were.

If you can't handle someone challenging your opinion when they don't do it in the most polite manner possible you should be cautious in discussions about delicate topics such as this one.

Its only murder in your head.
Legally it isn't murder and scientifically it isn't murder.

all this theory is fine and dandy, but until you've been (or are in) the situation, you'll find out what's what.

Everyone else is blowing smoke needlessly. It seems the more heated discussions come from people with no direct experience with any of this.

all this theory is fine and dandy, but until you've been (or are in) the situation, you'll find out what's what.

Everyone else is blowing smoke needlessly. It seems the more heated discussions come from people with no direct experience with any of this.

I've experienced it don't worry my opinion is based on my own experiences with abortion and with having 2 kids of my own.

Ain't that truth always...

Called out on the blanket statement you made.. she even put it in bold text to highlight it. She never told you what you'd do if you were pregnant either. She offered her opinion about what would happen if you were.

If you can't handle someone challenging your opinion when they don't do it in the most polite manner possible you should be cautious in discussions about delicate topics such as this one.

oh really, and u can|? a couple posts ago i said , to each their own, and stopped there. My issue in the begining was with YOU and the fact that u said having a home birth is stupid, so I tried to explain that not everyone thinks like u, and that maybe if u get more educated on teh whole topic u would see where i was coming from. But no u just kept going with ur whole thing about "oh but women die from giving home births",so what kind of statement is that? Half the ppl in this thread think that just cuz a woman doesnt have any kids, shes never been pregnant. SOooooo clearly im preaching to the wrong choir(sp). Im done. :)

oh really, and u can|? a couple posts ago i said , to each their own, and stopped there. My issue in the begining was with YOU and the fact that u said having a home birth is stupid, so I tried to explain that not everyone thinks like u, and that maybe if u get more educated on teh whole topic u would see where i was coming from. But no u just kept going with ur whole thing about "oh but women die from giving home births",so what kind of statement is that? Half the ppl in this thread think that just cuz a woman doesnt have any kids, shes never been pregnant. SOooooo clearly im preaching to the wrong choir(sp). Im done. :)

I honestly can't take a word that you write seriously. It's not the message, it's the delivery.
Please, use full sentences, spell out the words; You'll be taken more seriously and might even be surprised by people understanding you better.

Thanks.

Half the ppl in this thread think that just cuz a woman doesnt have any kids, shes never been pregnant.

I'd say the majority of this thread is about the fact that you can be pregnant and not have children. I don't get where you got the idea that if you don't have kids you've never been pregnant.

For what its worth I understand the appeal of home birth but am also very glad my wife and I didn't go that route as both of our children needed emergency medical attention during birth and it couldn't have been provided by a mid wife or anything other than having a surgical studio on standby. My personal take is that home birth can be very selfish as its about the mother with little consideration to the child and its well being in case something goes wrong. That is my opinion and others are entitled to theirs. I'm not going to change anyones mind but be sure you weigh the pros and cons of home birth from a practical standpoint and not some idealistic fantasy. What if something does go wrong? Could you live with yourself knowing your choices prevented help? I know I couldn't and that is why we went with a hospital birth for both children.

I believe her generalization in regards to woman been more emotional is spot on. Are you going to deny that "generally" this is accurate. I remember an ex got home after Princes Dianna died and she was crying like crazy, me I couldn't give a **** about it, this may be an exaggerated example but it is common knowledge that woman are more emotional than men, are you going to deny that?

also her Generalization that woman think differently than men is generally accurate as well, both genders have to deal with different circumstances while growing up making them see the world differently just like young and old people also think differently.

so you are basically quoting her saying something that is common knowledge? you are also putting it in bold to try to make a point as if you catcher her contradicting herself? I would like you to bold the part where she said "speaking for all woman"

I can say that men are GENERALLY physically stronger than woman, so according to you I am speaking on all man's behave?

Your argument makes no sense and the funny thing is that you must have felt so proud when you Quoted and use the bold icon lol.

You need to take that stick off your shoulder and really try to read and understand before you attach someone for their opinion. Give it a rest

Caboose I have always respected your posts as you seem someone smart and not full of **** but on this one you are way off. Wouldn't you been offended if someone misinterpreted your post and called you ridiculous? I have seen you go off for way less than that..don't make me find it and quote it and make it bold ...lol

Last edited:
I'd say the majority of this thread is about the fact that you can be pregnant and not have children. I don't get where you got the idea that if you don't have kids you've never been pregnant.

Wow, people just can't read, her point was totally contrary to what you are saying she said.

Last edited:
Half the ppl in this thread think that just cuz a woman doesnt have any kids, shes never been pregnant.

Wow, people just can't read, her point was totally contrary to what you are saying she said....lol my tonge just twisted

I can read just fine thanks. How would you read a statement like that? The reasons why you wouldn't have kids but be pregnant is all of the options that are being discussed in this thread. (abortion (doctor or womb), adoption, death upon birth). Maybe I've completely mis-read it in which case I apologize but it sure as hell wasn't clear.

I can read just fine thanks. How would you read a statement like that? The reasons why you wouldn't have kids but be pregnant is all of the options that are being discussed in this thread. (abortion (doctor or womb), adoption, death upon birth). Maybe I've completely mis-read it in which case I apologize but it sure as hell wasn't clear.

she was just saying that her perception is that half people in this thread are making the assumption that unless you have kids you were never pregnant. she is actually agreeing with your point

(sorry my s key is broken and I have to copy and paste it so i can not make it capital..this is for the grammar Nazis)

Now I got a headache lol

I never wrote that women die from giving home births. I wrote that women die from giving birth, which is an accurate statement. I've already gone over this but i suppose i'll repeat myself..... Having midwife present, a trained medical professional, for a home birth is not the scenario that i think is stupid. Having a home birth with no medical help present at all is what i think is stupid. I think it's stupid because it's a completely unnecessary risk that puts the mother and child at a higher risk level with no real benefit.

Caboose I have always respected your posts as you seem someone smart and not full of **** but on this one you are way off. Wouldn't you been offended if someone misinterpreted your post and called you ridiculous? I have seen you go off for way less than that..don't make me find it and quote it and make it bold ...lol

There is a large difference between generalizations and blanket statements. Perhaps she didn't articulate her thoughts clearly enough but what she wrote was a blanket statement.

- Generally men are physically stronger than women.
- Men are stronger than women.

Those two statements mean very different things. I can only respond to what people write. If what they've written isn't what they actually meant you can't hold that against me... especially when she's been given the opportunity and has made no attempt to clarify her earlier statement.

There is a large difference between generalizations and blanket statements. Perhaps she didn't articulate her thoughts clearly enough but what she wrote was a blanket statement.

- Generally men are physically stronger than women.
- Men are stronger than women.

Those two statements mean very different things. I can only respond to what people write. If what they've written isn't what they actually meant you can't hold that against me... especially when she's been given the opportunity and has made no attempt to clarify her earlier statement.
Oh I see so she forgot to put "generally", I think we all got the point and there was no need for st to come out that way. I think generally once people get attacked for no reason, they tend to say **** it and stop responding, unless you are turbodish and take the internet really REALLYYYYY seriously.

Back
Top Bottom