Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 505 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

So with the cooler weather upon us...one thing I've never really paid attention to is winter maintenance for the gas tools (lawn mower, trimmer, gas blower, etc). Typically just fill them up and leave them with fuel stabilizer.

But I think it's time to get on that. Any special / tips you all have for this? Lawn mower is a 4 stroke so that'll def need an oil change. Also I found last year there was so much gunk thrown up by the blade...it had about 1-2" of grass cuttings stuck in there. So that's one item I'm 100% doing.

Recommendation on filling with fuel and stabilizer? Or letting it run and die out so it's 100% dry?
Sharpen lawn mower blades too so it's ready to go in the spring.

I do full tank of fuel with stabilizer and run for a bit and then shut off valve so carb runs dry. Fog it as it stumbles. Not sure if fog is required but I don't think it hurts.

Sharpen lawn mower blades too so it's ready to go in the spring.

I do full tank of fuel with stabilizer and run for a bit and then shut off valve so carb runs dry. Fog it as it stumbles. Not sure if fog is required but I don't think it hurts.
Fog it.....?

So with the cooler weather upon us...one thing I've never really paid attention to is winter maintenance for the gas tools (lawn mower, trimmer, gas blower, etc). Typically just fill them up and leave them with fuel stabilizer.

But I think it's time to get on that. Any special / tips you all have for this? Lawn mower is a 4 stroke so that'll def need an oil change. Also I found last year there was so much gunk thrown up by the blade...it had about 1-2" of grass cuttings stuck in there. So that's one item I'm 100% doing.

Recommendation on filling with fuel and stabilizer? Or letting it run and die out so it's 100% dry?
I just ignore the push mower and change the oil every 4 or 5 years regardless of if it needs it or not. Starts first pull every time anyway. Deck is rotting only lasted 22 years.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom