Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 506 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Use a string like the reader brick layers do.

FAAAAAAK....the supplier no longer makes the same brick I have at the front / sides....

Think wife will notice?

Original on the left. Replacement on the right.

1729097898539.jpeg

How do you feel about stucco or parging? Very different is better than a poor match imo.
Stucco was the original plan...

The main difference is they're slightly lighter...and since there is a clear break b/w the walls...it would be difficult to spot by most people, except me.

I'm looking for distributors from Stone Selex / CANYONSTONE now to see if anyone has old stock.

Stucco was the original plan...

The main difference is they're slightly lighter...and since there is a clear break b/w the walls...it would be difficult to spot by most people, except me.

I'm looking for distributors from Stone Selex / CANYONSTONE now to see if anyone has old stock.
Try vanderlaan. They aren't close but they are good. Also try patene, lots of volume amd locations, maybe they have some somewhere.

Try vanderlaan. They aren't close but they are good. Also try patene, lots of volume amd locations, maybe they have some somewhere.
If you find some that's not close to you, check with me.
I'm usually all over the GTA. I can help pick up.

If you find some that's not close to you, check with me.
I'm usually all over the GTA. I can help pick up.
Found a guy that claims he can match it from clay in Palgrave. But for now I'm checking their other distributors maybe someone has some laying over.

It's how I found my James Hardie trim that I was missing.

Hindsite 20/20 , but always buy enough upfront plus 10% waste , manufactures are notorious about dropping colours.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Plan was to have stucco in the back, but then decided to keep brick veneer all the way around.

The colours are close enough, and there’s no direct link between the brick sections….and there’s always the option of just staining the lighter brick to a darker shade.

For the parts I originally planned for brick…I’ve got about 5% left over. It’s the new section that is missing.

Plan was to have stucco in the back, but then decided to keep brick veneer all the way around.

The colours are close enough, and there’s no direct link between the brick sections….and there’s always the option of just staining the lighter brick to a darker shade.

For the parts I originally planned for brick…I’ve got about 5% left over. It’s the new section that is missing.
If it's not a huge difference in color, you may not notice if you transition on an outside corner. The other thing you can do is randomly mix in the leftover bricks from the original batch.

The only space where the 2 colours would potentially meet is by the 6x6…as I have enough to finish that section on the outside of the yard.

1729114075975.jpeg

1729114111811.jpeg
The rest is separated by 2 doors.

1729114100680.jpeg

I’m a ways away but pretty sure my neighbour has those colour bricks you need and he’s giving them away. I needed the lighter ones to fill in a doorway at the in-laws but these were free and the spot wasn’t really visible. He has them leftover from building a garage years ago.

Back
Top Bottom