Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 508 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

You still need a tssa certified tech to sign off. I can't see a legal way around that. I can do the work but it would be illegal and I wouldn't have home insurance without the ticket.
The trick is finding a small guy who will do the install and tag it or inspect you work last time the guy here was 200 to supply install the line to my generator.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

The trick is finding a small guy who will do the install and tag it or inspect you work last time the guy here was 200 to supply install the line to my generator.

That seems reasonable to me. I haven't looked recently but when I did, I couldn't find that guy. Basically a service call to observe a passing bubble test.

That's the hardest part. Find someone that's willing to come and make $200 for 5min worth of verification.

Once you get a guy like that...you hold on for dear life.

Instead of expecting them to come and inspect your/our gas work and put their ticket on the line... How about installing the water heater and the water plumbing and having them come out and do the gas. Or come out and do the gas and then you do the grunt work (water plumbing etc.).

If there is enough service capacity I would go electric heater in this situation.

Instead of expecting them to come and inspect your/our gas work and put their ticket on the line... How about installing the water heater and the water plumbing and having them come out and do the gas. Or come out and do the gas and then you do the grunt work (water plumbing etc.).

If there is enough service capacity I would go electric heater in this situation.
The short answer from the guys I talk to was close to flat rate pricing. Whether they put it in, I did the water and they did the gas or they signed off on my work, they didn't feel the need to alter their pricing. If you want to tag, you pay the price.

While not applicable to this situation, I plan on installing heat pump hot water at my house for a variety of reasons. I'm going to need someone with a ticket to sign off that the gas line that went to the water heater is kosher. If I didn't have the gas furnace, I could turn it off outside but I do so the line has to remain charged.

Back
Top Bottom