Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 507 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

What say you GTAM? Should I rip out those 3-4 bricks and level them off?

Or insert some small 1.5” cut bricks to hide it better

My OCD would make me cut it out.

Another wall finished. Damn bricks dropped 1/4” in the middle but I’m not gonna tear it apart to level that out.

Dad did parging and wow what a difference.

View attachment 70521

MP Masonry is open for business!
Got any good before and after shots? I imagine the difference is striking.

Anybody have a recommendation / contact for an HVAC guy/gal in the Wasaga Beach area? Dad said his water heater is costing $40/month to literally sit there as no one is using the cottage 95% of the time.

Going up there this weekend to confirm some items, but they want to remove the tank and replace with a new bought unit so there's no silly monthly charge for nothing.

Tank is 15 years old. No leaks.

Anybody have a recommendation / contact for an HVAC guy/gal in the Wasaga Beach area? Dad said his water heater is costing $40/month to literally sit there as no one is using the cottage 95% of the time.

Going up there this weekend to confirm some items, but they want to remove the tank and replace with a new bought unit so there's no silly monthly charge for nothing.

Probably a good idea case for a on demand unit is there gas or propane there

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.ca/Ranein-Natura...2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1
Install yourself or do everything but the gas and get a gas guy to finish

Yes there is up there. Only issue is that the water is very hard so one of the issues with an on-demand one (in my understanding) is that the maintenance could be very heavy in that type of condition.

I actually recommended my dad to just put in an electric water heater since it's so seldom used.

That's actually a great idea. Buy a tank, install, plumb, and just get an HVAC guy to connect the gas line.

I'll be up there this weekend to look at options.

I disagree. Cheap electric tank. The high upfront cost of on-demand stays expensive as they don't use it much. Flip the electric tank on when you arrive, flip it off when you leave. Costs a little more to run but thousands cheaper to get installed and close to zero maintenance.

I disagree. Cheap electric tank. The high upfront cost of on-demand stays expensive as they don't use it much. Flip the electric tank on when you arrive, flip it off when you leave. Costs a little more to run but thousands cheaper to get installed and close to zero maintenance.
Lots of cheap on demand units now in the 4-600 range same price a a electric tank.

I have a guy here who will do it for a couple of hundred or so it yourself super easy and legal on your own property just follow code and check for leaks.

You still need a tssa certified tech to sign off. I can't see a legal way around that. I can do the work but it would be illegal and I wouldn't have home insurance without the ticket.

You still need a tssa certified tech to sign off. I can't see a legal way around that. I can do the work but it would be illegal and I wouldn't have home insurance without the ticket.
Sure glad I didn't bother going for the HVAC ticket! Always wanted to have a trade, and HVAC was the one at the top of the list...but no time / ability to take a huge paycut to do the apprenticeship.

Thread de-rail completed. Back to business.

Back
Top Bottom