Did you exercise today? | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you exercise today?

I played 9 holes of golf. So basically a walk. Hit my longest (straight) drive though, 230 yds, maybe not long for others but that’s good for me and it didn’t slice to oblivion. 2nd shot ended up on the green but then I ****** everything else up from there. Garmin watch says 600 calories burned!
"Drive for show, Putt for dough" they say....

Another Sunday ride in the books. Today was interesting as both my MTB and Gravel are waiting on some part replacements from a few hiccups during our Vermont trip. Switched the Fat Bike into summer mode for a romp through Durham Forest, legs are on fire lol

Happy Sunday (now Monday)

Lots of weights and cardio today, I find cycling causes tailbone weirdness, so tried out a nice padded gel shorts today, we shall see how they work

Did some core work yesterday, also had been neglecting legs and lower body for a very long time, so got back into leg days again(very slowly)

More core work and legs today

This is week 3 of no weights. I don’t take many weeks off and it’s been a couple years since I took a week off so it was time. Been doing rucking with 35lbs on my back 2-3 times per week as more of a cardio workout.

Something happened to my shoulder. Not sure whether pulled something or injured something but right shoulder is effed.

Need to take it easy while that heals.

A bunch of weights today (upper body, upper back) knee being a bit sore, so didn’t push too much in cardio

Something happened to my shoulder. Not sure whether pulled something or injured something but right shoulder is effed.

Need to take it easy while that heals.
I'm in a similar situation rubbish shoulders,two torn biceps and iffy elbows from a life well lived and my solution ended up being more volume with less intensity. Upper body cardio if you will. Long skierg sessions as well as cadence work on a upper body ergometer (think arm bike). Using this routine its hard to injure yourself so you can maintain the program without healing time outs.
This routine will not bulk you up but if will add strength and if your diet isn't too poor it will add good definition to you upper body.

Did legs a couple nights ago, and man the DOMS are brutal 😅

Back squat 5x5
B.B. RDL 3x5
Leg extension drop set 3x20/20/20
Smith Machine squats 1x100
Walking lunges 1x5min
Cycling 1x10min 70% effort

My home version is to use ankle straps and resistance bands for leg extensions, and the foam roller against the wall for smith machine squats.

Turns out the knee/leg was just super tight, a bit of yoga stretching and it feels pretty darn good

Bike commute to work, the breeze was PERFECT. I changed my gearing to remove a tooth in the back... definitely could hit faster speeds. Getting used to the feel of the gravel tires. I think the knee is not happy though so i have to figure something out with the fit

EDIT) also spotted this morning on lakeshore westbound... 2 lanes fully clear. Absolutely NO cars.

2 cyclists were riding abreast and a dump truck (that could easily change lanes) honked at them uselessly because they were taking the car lane (when they had the next lane fully open...no cars in sight behind or ahead)

Back
Top Bottom