Did you exercise today? | Page 29 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you exercise today?

Timing wise, there is a GO train that has a bike coach which is very handy..but you gotta make sure it runs properly that weekend, when i planned mine this year i had to choose a different route because the go train wasnt running and the go bus wouldn't accomodate 3-5 bicycles im pretty sure.

GO Trains allow at least 2 bikes per car at the bench seats by one set of doors. You must remain with bikes. Most if not all GO bus's have a bike rack for 2 bikes, however its first come first serve. This give lots of bail out point, just find the closest Go stop/station on their website. In Hamilton the is a nice paved steady climb path up/down the mountain ( Escarpment Rail trail, Escarpment Rail Trail | Ontario Trails Council) or if you wanna save your legs HSR busses offer rides up and down the mountain for free (rules apply) Mountain Climber on HSR for Cyclists | City of Hamilton

The ride to conquer cancer route is a nice one, I ran Moto Safety crew a few years in a row and followed along the whole way.

Since this is a fitness thread I'll add I am pretty happy about my recent 206lb Clean and Jerk. I've been spending a lot of time on my foot work to get low & at staying a little more upright through the Jerk.

Last edited:
GO Trains allow at least 2 bikes per car at the bench seats by one set of doors. You must remain with bikes. Most if not all GO bus's have a bike rack for 2 bikes, however its first come first serve. This give lots of bail out point, just find the closest Go stop/station on their website. In Hamilton the is a nice paved steady climb path up the mountain ( Escarpment Rail trail, Escarpment Rail Trail | Ontario Trails Council) or if you wanna save your legs HSR busses offer rides up and down the mountain for free (rules apply) Mountain Climber on HSR for Cyclists | City of Hamilton

The ride to conquer cancer route is a nice one, I ran Moto Safety crew a few years in a row and followed along the whole way.

Since this is a fitness thread I'll add I am pretty happy about my recent 206lb Clean and Jerk. I've been spending a lot of time on my foot work to get low & at staying a little more upright through the Jerk.
Mountain climber is a cool idea. I'm slightly surprised that people would wait for a bus for a ride down but I've seen people walking down hills before. Iirc, coasting down the escarpment in Hamilton without brakes gets you between 70 and 80 kph.

GO Trains allow at least 2 bikes per car at the bench seats by one set of doors. You must remain with bikes. Most if not all GO bus's have a bike rack for 2 bikes, however its first come first serve. This give lots of bail out point, just find the closest Go stop/station on their website. In Hamilton the is a nice paved steady climb path up/down the mountain ( Escarpment Rail trail, Escarpment Rail Trail | Ontario Trails Council) or if you wanna save your legs HSR busses offer rides up and down the mountain for free (rules apply) Mountain Climber on HSR for Cyclists | City of Hamilton

Yeah so my issue the last 2 weekends of june (when the train wasnt running all the way to niagara) was that we're usually 4 guys riding down there... all the way to niagara... we can hop on the train that has a dedicated bike coach with bike racks and all our bikes can fit there.

But those weekend, the train stopped at oakville due to maintenance... so we wouldve cycled down there, taken one bus to hamilton and another bus to oakville. And in both situations, it wouldve been impossible to get all 4 bikes in the bus(es)

Thanks for talking about the rail trail... i want to delve into gravel a bit later this season (once i swap my bike appropriately). And slow and steady i could do on a single speed bike

EDIT) also nice PR!

Throwing this out just for grins.

Are you putting your socks on standing up? Years ago a friend said that doing so meant you were still reasonably fit. Last week I put the question to a Dr who confirmed being able to do so is a very good sign.

I've been putting on socks for over 60 years and most days I do it while standing.
I blew out a knee at Christmas, had to sit when fitting my right sock till about a week ago. Back to standing for both socks.

Still put my pants on while standing.

1.5km of swimming today, first lane swim of the year.

Wasn't as horrible as i thought it would be. Also did it in an outdoor pool so it was even more pleasant

I keep track of my workouts to prevent overtraining, but its still hard to resist the temptation, I feel this weird paranoia/fear when I havent worked out in a few days...the pain from previous health issues is permanently etched in my brain and pushing me to constantly exercise

The knees starting aching a few days ago from overtraining...

Unintentionally exercised yesterday. Kids wanted to go to the driving range and hit a huge bucket of balls (200 balls). One kid checks out after five balls. Other kid hits 50 or so and says they're done. I was getting tired by the time I finished the rest.

Unintentionally exercised yesterday. Kids wanted to go to the driving range and hit a huge bucket of balls (200 balls). One kid checks out after five balls. Other kid hits 50 or so and says they're done. I was getting tired by the time I finished the rest.
Can't you just take them home and go back another time?

Did more core work yesterday, not as intense as usual, but I dont always have 3 hours for a workout

More core work today, and added weights to my hyperextensions, game changer!

Just came back from an amazing 3 Full Days of MTB riding in East Burke VT (Kingdom Trails) logging 176.78KM with over 3800M of elevation :)

Legs were definitely cooked by the end of the trip, but already looking forward to the next one.

I played 9 holes of golf. So basically a walk. Hit my longest (straight) drive though, 230 yds, maybe not long for others but that’s good for me and it didn’t slice to oblivion. 2nd shot ended up on the green but then I ****** everything else up from there. Garmin watch says 600 calories burned!

Did a bunch of weight training today, also working my way back up to peak cardio

Back
Top Bottom