******** deterrents. | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

******** deterrents.

When I worked in France the Mayor of Nice had a creative solution for the beggars causing issues in the town. He brought in a bus, put them on it, and shipped them off to a hostel in the mountains.

Was there a run on slow drying paint?
When the budget balances itself there is no follow up or pressure. "Here are pics of the damage. We are attempting to get it repaired but there are labour shortages and supply chain issues. We'll keep you updated." Then just wait a year or more making bank.

When the budget balances itself there is no follow up or pressure. "Here are pics of the damage. We are attempting to get it repaired but there are labour shortages and supply chain issues. We'll keep you updated." Then just wait a year or more making bank.
I got it but when rack rate is double or triple a negotiated contract rate the slow drying paint really stinks.

Female drug users and alcoholics are prone to have children with fetal alcohol or drug syndromes.

It damages male's DNA as well.

Do you harvest usable organs if you're just culling a herd?

That would be akin to buying a Power Fist micrometer @ Princess Auto.

Delta Hotels Toronto East use to be high end. The homeless have taken over. No one else goes near the place now. Just another crap-hole.

Delta Hotels Toronto East use to be high end. The homeless have taken over. No one else goes near the place now. Just another crap-hole.
What I found interesting is that hotels that were used for unhoused during covid went back to normal occupancy and most are now both. Citizens book rooms in a hotel and wonder wtf is going on. One in barrie has visitors asking wtf is happening as many days they are investigating a body. The hotel obviously doesn't tell people that they are renting a room in a house of ill-repute/drug den.

What I found interesting is that hotels that were used for unhoused during covid went back to normal occupancy and most are now both. Citizens book rooms in a hotel and wonder wtf is going on. One in barrie has visitors asking wtf is happening as many days they are investigating a body. The hotel obviously doesn't tell people that they are renting a room in a house of ill-repute/drug den.

No ****…check out the Knight’s Inn Google reviews for Kingston.

“there was a meth pipe in my bed” etc etc.

Any comments on the Holiday Inn Downtown Toronto. It’s near Allan Gardens the abode of the homeless horticulturists. I know someone planning to stay there. Should they just pack a tent instead?

Good rule, if it smells like piss.. check out..

Don't bears have rights? Barrie may not be able to evict campers but what if a bear wanders into the closed park? Nobody is supposed to be in there as it is closed. Conservation officers at perimeter to ensure law-abiding citizens are safe.

Out for my daily bike spin i see a older guy smoking something off of tinfoil in the shade beside the trail and on the back loop about a hour later there he is still there and at it so i belt out "I'm gonna kick tomorrrow " He pauses for a second looks towards me blows a big cloud of smoke and comes back with "Jane says"
Couldn't help it i smiled back and gave him a thumbs up.

Don't bears have rights? Barrie may not be able to evict campers but what if a bear wanders into the closed park? Nobody is supposed to be in there as it is closed. Conservation officers at perimeter to ensure law-abiding citizens are safe.
Is the park closed 24/7, basically because there are some abusing the facilities everyone loses park space.

Day use only, no tents, no intoxicants.

BC has had enough. Involuntary treatment for substance abuse coming. I give that about a zero percent chance of working. The only way it provides protection to the public is if failed treatment meant automatic incarceration. In that case, since I expect zero people to get clean with involuntary treatment, you might as well skip the treatment and go straight to incarceration.

Edit:

Sadly, I think the answer lies in emergency response. If you need narcan more than once in 24 hours or 7 days or something, sorry, you have a terminal illness and you're not going to survive. Continuing the cycle hurts everybody and benefits nobody.

BC has had enough. Involuntary treatment for substance abuse coming. I give that about a zero percent chance of working. The only way it provides protection to the public is if failed treatment meant automatic incarceration. In that case, since I expect zero people to get clean with involuntary treatment, you might as well skip the treatment and go straight to incarceration.

Edit:

Sadly, I think the answer lies in emergency response. If you need narcan more than once in 24 hours or 7 days or something, sorry, you have a terminal illness and you're not going to survive. Continuing the cycle hurts everybody and benefits nobody.
The numbers will likely drop but NOT because they got them clean, they will move to a different province that is less of a bummer.

For someone to get clean they need a reason. People have done it, even from the worst depths, but usually because they have kids, some other significant personal reason or a come to deity of choice moment. IMO that reason could also be the lifestyle is not working out.

I am a fan of having 811 used to report people in distress but not an emergency. I see a guy passed out, dial it up and report it. There are details to work out herding them up, lots of volume initially to deal with...but wasted addict gets picked up. They are held until clean with real withdrawal--medically supervised of course. Once clean out you go, rinse and repeat until it becomes a reason to get clean or the current location is too much of a PITA for them (back to my first paragraph). It will work locally (as they become another jurisdiction's problem), best though if locally is all of Canada...

Enabling them (the common current approach) is IMO the worst ethical choice as we are just helping them dig the hole. IF we consider it a disease, how many diseases is our societal solution to make it worse? Got lung cancer, the solution is to smoke more, let us help you do it. Can we stop the smoker from smoking, no, but we don't need to help them do it, provide them the light...

Last edited:
Our integrated care hub is having a bit of an issue as of 40 mins ago. 10 cop cars and 10 ambulances apparently. The place is a **** show. The illegal encampment was allowed to spread next door and now it resembles a bit of a circus. When no steps were taken to put a stop to it the word got out and it grew in size. When the council did decide to put a stop to it a court order came in that the tents could only be removed during daylight hours but they were allowed to camp at night. Utter idiocy and then the social justice league showed up to thwart that anyway. One day several huge military tents were erected. No one knows where they came from. Over the years there have been regular murders, stabbings etc. Neighbours are just totally devastated.

Back
Top Bottom