******** deterrents. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

******** deterrents.

I didn't know all the details of the ruling... that's ridiculous.
I'm against using the "notwithstanding clause".. but it's getting hard to hold that opinion.
Here's a decent summary. The key part of the ridiculousness is below. Basically to evict from a public space you must provide a location that is free of rules and limitations but also safe. The judge obviously lives in an alternate reality as I don't know if it is even possible to comply with that ruling regardless of cost or available space.

"With that, Justice Valente followed the decisions of the Supreme Court of British Columbia. In a key comment, Justice Valente writes:

I accept that it is simply not a matter of counting the number of spaces. To be of any real value to the homeless population, the space must meet their diverse needs, or in other words, the spaces must be truly accessible. If the available spaces are impractical for homeless individuals, either because the shelters do not accommodate couples, are unable to provide required services, impose rules that cannot be followed due to addictions, or cannot accommodate mental or physical disability, they are not low barrier and accessible to the individuals they are meant to serve. (Waterloo ONSC at para 93)
"

The court ruling said they couldn't be removed and given no place to go. Barrie opened up shelter beds for all of them. I think where things came off the rails is the ridiculous scope of the court ruling. Apparently, the place they are provided to go is required to offer them secure storage, allow addictions, allow significant others, allow 24h access and allow pets. Wtf. Show me in the charter where pets, secure storage, illegal drug use and living with a partner are protected activities. Courts have gone completely off the rails and no longer deal with reality.
I never hear of homeless encampments on MP's lawns.

I haven't researched it in detail but it seems all of our rights are personal but not property oriented.

Here's a decent summary. The key part of the ridiculousness is below. Basically to evict from a public space you must provide a location that is free of rules and limitations but also safe. The judge obviously lives in an alternate reality as I don't know if it is even possible to comply with that ruling regardless of cost or available space.

"With that, Justice Valente followed the decisions of the Supreme Court of British Columbia. In a key comment, Justice Valente writes:

"
Couldn't we hire Brampton drivers to drive between the tents?

Just got back from Shoppers getting my wife some things. Methhead off his face outside with the staff inside watching through the window. Apparently they just come in and help themselves to crap on the regular. Minimum wage staff don’t need to deal with that.

Interestingly.. My insurance company will not insure GSDs.. but will insure canary dogs, cane corsos and others.
I assume it's stat related, but it doesn't make sense to me.
I've been attacked (unprovoked) twice. Both times were gsds. One was my aunts dog, the second was a neighbours dog that dragged me off my bike while riding past on the road.

I've been attacked (unprovoked) twice. Both times were gsds. One was my aunts dog, the second was a neighbours dog that dragged me off my bike while riding past on the road.
Only time I have been attacked was a yellow lab came charging out a gate knocked me off my bike and took a chunk out of my ass. I believe training is more important than breed.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Interestingly.. My insurance company will not insure GSDs.. but will insure canary dogs, cane corsos and others.
I assume it's stat related, but it doesn't make sense to me.
Kinda like motorcycle insurance?

I was attacked by a friends cocker spaniel. The MF grabbed my ankle and hung on till I choked him unconscious. He got me through my jeans and socks, so I only had a few small punctures.

Years ago I saw my Great Pyrenees dispatch two of my neighbour’s German Shepard guard dogs. They got loose and attacked him.

As tough as I think I might be, any of those dogs in full attack mode would be outside my self defence expertise.

I was attacked by a friends cocker spaniel. The MF grabbed my ankle and hung on till I choked him unconscious. He got me through my jeans and socks, so I only had a few small punctures.

Years ago I saw my Great Pyrenees dispatch two of my neighbour’s German Shepard guard dogs. They got loose and attacked him.

As tough as I think I might be, any of those dogs in full attack mode would be outside my self defence expertise.
I don't count a Jack Russell that latched onto my ankle. That was just mildly annoying although it still made me leak. Not a lot of force there.

I don't want to be in fights with dogs. They hurt and there are many dogs where I'm not sure if I will win.

As expected, barrie bluffed and now has cemented that they are powerless and encampments have priority over all other uses. Barrie sent a 72 hour eviction notice on Wednesday. Nobody left. They sat around on Friday waiting for someone to force them out and nothing happened. Three more fires requiring firefighters in that encampment since Friday.
Perhaps the Fire Department should be too busy at other calls and need to delay their arrival at the next fire in the encampment.

Perhaps the Fire Department should be too busy at other calls and need to delay their arrival at the next fire in the encampment.
Then the nearby houses go up. People have already lost their fences to encampment fires.

Edit:

On a related note, law-abiding citizens have started writing to the idiot judges to let them know the impact of their ridiculous decisions.

Screenshot-20240908-213655-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240908-213710-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240908-213717-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240908-213725-Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda like motorcycle insurance?

I figure the the lower number of those large game and guardian breeds vs GSDs, ABD and Rotti types.. the stats are catching up..
But the reality is those breeds are so much stronger and can cause that much more damage in short order.. That they won't insure a GSD but will insure a cane corso.. is ridiculous.
I used to be rare to see those breeds as pets.. but it's becoming common these days. As the number of those types of dogs goes up.. we're hearing about more and more serious/fatal incidents.

That they won't insure a GSD but will insure a cane corso.. is ridiculous.

It's because of their Jekyl and Hyde nature. No mater how well they're trained, they react to different people/dogs case by case. The ok/not ok curve can be more pronounced between individual dogs. Mine would walk into my friend's garage, "I'm here. Pet me" He'd pull into my driveway and she'd be snarling at him through the gate till I told her who it was. Then it was "Oh, it's you. Sorry about the growling. Pet me." Unless he pulled in on a bike, then he got an automatic pass. Same with my park. There was a List. If a dog came in the park and was on her list, it was welcome. If not, she made sure it knew it wasn't. There was no rhyme or reason to it that I could discern. Cut of their jib?

Last edited:
I figure the the lower number of those large game and guardian breeds vs GSDs, ABD and Rotti types.. the stats are catching up..
But the reality is those breeds are so much stronger and can cause that much more damage in short order.. That they won't insure a GSD but will insure a cane corso.. is ridiculous.
I used to be rare to see those breeds as pets.. but it's becoming common these days. As the number of those types of dogs goes up.. we're hearing about more and more serious/fatal incidents.
There are numerous factors, one being money. Many people are edgy today and get satisfaction by looking intimidating. They may not have the funds to buy from a reputable breeder and instead buy from an interbreeding puppy mill. Training courses are also an expense as are vet bills and proper food.

It's too easy to assume that all dogs are created equal and all will behave the same. Not true. They have different personalities within the same litter.

Or pump Kempenfelt dry when putting out the next encampment fires.

Back
Top Bottom