******** deterrents. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

******** deterrents.

Barrie has cleared out one encampment. Some into shelter, some into hotels, some into higher level of care. If a person wasn't willing to list a legitimate reason why a shelter spot was not acceptable, they were issued trespass notices. I'm not sure if that bans them from one park or all city parks. Multiple uhauls of possessions moved into storage somewhere. private contractor cleaning up site. The cost of relocating these 20 people is probably six figures. Lather rinse and repeat. No fundamental change in underlying issues.

Last edited:
One kind of positive change that fentanyl has brought about is that now i almost never see stray sharps discarded wherever convenient to the user.
Back in 2020 syringes and needles were common to find now almost nonexistent the only reason that comes to mind is that method of consumption or drug of choice has changed. Either way i'm glad to see them gone.

One kind of positive change that fentanyl has brought about is that now i almost never see stray sharps discarded wherever convenient to the user.
Back in 2020 syringes and needles were common to find now almost nonexistent the only reason that comes to mind is that method of consumption or drug of choice has changed. Either way i'm glad to see them gone.
Come to barrie and you can collect bags of discarded sharps. I saw in the pics of the encampment today that barrie has been installing sharps bins (the size of park garbage cans) in encampments.

This is the answer.

That would be so expensive in much of Africa. Far far cheaper to hire a security guard. My uncle had one that was about $20 a month and always kept himself stocked with poison arrows. If anyone dared to hurt the guard, the tribe enacts vengeance.

That would be so expensive in much of Africa. Far far cheaper to hire a security guard. My uncle had one that was about $20 a month and always kept himself stocked with poison arrows. If anyone dared to hurt the guard, the tribe enacts vengeance.
Not sure why but I seem to think some of ours security guards are also cheap to hire.
I also think that they would be useless in such situation if not even help their cousins with the task at hand.

Evictions commences in Barrie....

Shelter space or hotel voucher to move out of the park...
Cost to renovate the hotel room after????

Some of these people have doped their brains into useless grey mush, only capable of basic body functions. Eat, poop, screw and somehow find a way of getting more dope.

The Nazi solution is unthinkable but what do you do when society becomes so overburdened that they can't take care of the ones that can be rehabbed. Triage says let the hopeless ones perish.

Cost to renovate the hotel room after????

Some of these people have doped their brains into useless grey mush, only capable of basic body functions. Eat, poop, screw and somehow find a way of getting more dope.

The Nazi solution is unthinkable but what do you do when society becomes so overburdened that they can't take care of the ones that can be rehabbed. Triage says let the hopeless ones perish.
I'm not sure what program Barrie is on but when the feds were paying for rooms, if the room was damaged, they would pay full rate as if it was occupied until it was repaired. Any person with a brain could see what was coming. Paying for 100% of rooms available but low occupancy as most were damaged and repairs took a very long time (as there was no limit in contract).

After being woken at 5am by the guy delivering the Globe and Mail to next door I now have the driveway alarm set up properly!

Works well. I still might get a motion activated sprinkler for the summer months.

This entire neighbourhood is suffering from back yard intrusions and car thefts now more than it ever has in the past 20 years. We have a new building development going up nearby that has a drug addiction centre office in it but we are being told “don’t worry, it’s just standard”. We have a church setting up barrier free tiny houses in their back yard nearby. Barrier free essentially means “get off your faces on meth, we don’t care”. A few weeks ago I had an appointment down the road near a motel that’s being used as halfway housing and a woman was smoking meth under a sweater in a doorway. Last week I went for a bike ride and went past a guy dealing drugs between two commercial dumpsters at Loblaws with his customers.

Maybe it’s me but this seems to have exploded in the past year or so. I’m no stranger to living in places that were infested with criminals but that was when I was a student and had little choice. The neighbourhood I live in here is one of the best in the area.

I have zero issue with the homeless as not all homeless are criminal addicts. I have a very big issue now with rabid thieving scum running wild.

After being woken at 5am by the guy delivering the Globe and Mail to next door I now have the driveway alarm set up properly!

Works well. I still might get a motion activated sprinkler for the summer months.

This entire neighbourhood is suffering from back yard intrusions and car thefts now more than it ever has in the past 20 years. We have a new building development going up nearby that has a drug addiction centre office in it but we are being told “don’t worry, it’s just standard”. We have a church setting up barrier free tiny houses in their back yard nearby. Barrier free essentially means “get off your faces on meth, we don’t care”. A few weeks ago I had an appointment down the road near a motel that’s being used as halfway housing and a woman was smoking meth under a sweater in a doorway. Last week I went for a bike ride and went past a guy dealing drugs between two commercial dumpsters at Loblaws with his customers.

Maybe it’s me but this seems to have exploded in the past year or so. I’m no stranger to living in places that were infested with criminals but that was when I was a student and had little choice. The neighbourhood I live in here is one of the best in the area.

I have zero issue with the homeless as not all homeless are criminal addicts. I have a very big issue now with rabid thieving scum running wild.
While wandering around downtown barrie last week my wife and I were trying to figure out the weird smell. Thankfully, neither one of us has been exposed to hard drugs being smoked and we have no idea what the poison of choice was. We did hustle and get out of the area. If second hand smoke is bad for me, second hand meth or crack must be much worse. A little research when I got home and I'm going with meth. Right in the main square downtown barrie. There were cops there asking if people needed any supplies. They were not discouraging smoking meth in a public square.

Last edited:
While wondering around downtown barrie last week my wife and I were trying to figure out the weird smell. Thankfully, neither one of us has been exposed to hard drugs being smoked and we have no idea what the poison of choice was. We did hustle and get out of the area. If second hand smoke is bad for me, second hand meth or crack must be much worse. A little research when I got home and I'm going with meth. Right in the main square downtown barrie. There were cops there asking if people needed any supplies. They were not discouraging smoking meth in a public square.

I’d love to see stats of places that turn a blind eye to this kind of crap vs those that clamp down on it. My feeling is that here we are seeing a lot of “drug tourism” from people outside the area that have been told about the permissive attitude towards encampments and the availability of drugs.

Let's just imagine that being a hard drug user was an actual illness, and as such it can be passed down to the next generation.
Simple math states it would be an epidemic in short order.

If users A & B have two children D & E and in turn they both have two children and so on.. the numbers are staggering. It would be far better to allow them to perish in order to wipe out the illness.. then destroy the future (any worse than it already will be...)

I’d love to see stats of places that turn a blind eye to this kind of crap vs those that clamp down on it. My feeling is that here we are seeing a lot of “drug tourism” from people outside the area that have been told about the permissive attitude towards encampments and the availability of drugs.
Peterborough is the poster child for that. Lots of out of province showing up.

Peterborough is the poster child for that. Lots of out of province showing up.
Cities offer medical, legal and social services the interest groups that support drug users and the homeless. It's happening in Toronto and Ottawa, but seems a lot worse in smaller cities like Barrie, KW, Windsor, London, Peterborough, Timmins etc. Virtually all regional centers in the province are suffering.

There are a few places with near-zero street zombies and homeless encampments. All have a common elements of affluence, highly professional persons serving on the city councils, and rapid response teams that deal with homeless persons before they form community camps.

Cities offer medical, legal and social services the interest groups that support drug users and the homeless. It's happening in Toronto and Ottawa, but seems a lot worse in smaller cities like Barrie, KW, Windsor, London, Peterborough, Timmins etc. Virtually all regional centers in the province are suffering.

There are a few places with near-zero street zombies and homeless encampments. All have a common elements of affluence, highly professional persons serving on the city councils, and rapid response teams that deal with homeless persons before they form community camps.
Barrie's purge got more complicated. The latest update is they removed tents for those that accepted alternate accommodations but left tents for those that refused. Park is officially closed to everybody and they are trespassing those that return (except for those that have issues that may be protected by the stupid court decision). They threw out almost everything outside of the tents (including bbq's, propane, gasoline and a trap being used to catch squirrels for dinner).

I don’t think anyone turns a blind eye, my feeling is that many municipalities lack the sophistication to manage these things. Soccer moms and volunteer fire fighters make good Soccer moms and volunteer fighter fighters… but lousy mayors and councillors.

Look at Kingston for example, a right wing cabal of career academics, social and health care workers. How do you expect them to make executive decisions, or lead strategically when they’ve never done career work with those challenges?

I don’t think anyone turns a blind eye, my feeling is that many municipalities lack the sophistication to manage these things. Soccer moms and volunteer fire fighters make good Soccer moms and volunteer fighter fighters… but lousy mayors and councillors.

Look at Kingston for example, a right wing cabal of career academics, social and health care workers. How do you expect them to make executive decisions, or lead strategically when they’ve never done career work with those challenges?
Barrie has started to issue trespass orders to all of the sjw's being obstructionist. Four truckloads of garbage out of this one encampment so far.

Let's just imagine that being a hard drug user was an actual illness, and as such it can be passed down to the next generation.
Simple math states it would be an epidemic in short order.

If users A & B have two children D & E and in turn they both have two children and so on.. the numbers are staggering. It would be far better to allow them to perish in order to wipe out the illness.. then destroy the future (any worse than it already will be...)
Female drug users and alcoholics are prone to have children with fetal alcohol or drug syndromes. The kid's brain is scrambled before he/she is born. The severity of the condition determines the ability of the affected individual to become a productive member of society. Some are functional to a degree and some can't be toilet trained.

However it seems their reproductive systems work. I don't know if the problems get passed down genetically or if a direct substance connection is required. Regardless, just their mental challenges makes their ability to parent an issue.

You mention allowing them to perish. Do you let them play near a cliff or do you push them off?

Do you harvest usable organs if you're just culling a herd?

In war, wounding an enemy is better than killing them as the wounded individual is a greater drain on resources. In peace the concept is also valid. Discussions on the options get ugly.

In crime there is some value to the three strike rule but why stop at a life sentence, just execute them and save the incarceration costs.

There is no simple answer, just endless rhetoric about noble causes.

I'm not sure what program Barrie is on but when the feds were paying for rooms, if the room was damaged, they would pay full rate as if it was occupied until it was repaired. Any person with a brain could see what was coming. Paying for 100% of rooms available but low occupancy as most were damaged and repairs took a very long time (as there was no limit in contract).
Was there a run on slow drying paint?

Back
Top Bottom