******** deterrents. | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

******** deterrents.

@nobbie48 , if a parenting fail exists, there is the model. She was smoking pot at 10 and doing molly at 12 , we had no control.

It sounds like they would have had to home school her while handcuffed to a desk to control her. There's only so much you can do. If you walk her up the front steps of the school and she goes out the back door with her friends to their "spot" in the woods, where do you stand? Is the school supposed to chain her to a desk? You can put a lock on her door and bars on he windows at home, but from the sound of it she was a budding Houdini. Blink and she was gone. That said, the health care system and CAS DEFINITELY failed them. After ODing twice at the age of 12 they should have been able to institutionalize her for her own good.

Working the supply side has been frivolous, working the demand side is a solution that works. But that takes more guts than our politicians are equipped with.

Kill demand in your community and the community problems go away.

Not easy, only done in a handful of municipalities in Ontario.
Well now that you have solved it let the powers that be know.

In other news, addicts and users just moved to other municipalities.

@nobbie48 , if a parenting fail exists, there is the model. She was smoking pot at 10 and doing molly at 12 , we had no control.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
The Mrs and I will soon be celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary. When my older brother died ten years ago it was his eighth wife at his side. Same DNA and parenting. IRC the BC couple had other kids. Are they OK?

Brains are wired at birth, left or right handed, gay or straight and many other conditions. Parents can mitigate some things but there are limits. However the question has to be asked, why are there so many deviations from the old normals? Allergies to common foods were rare but now it seems every classroom has a kid carrying an epipen.

We can't lock up the crazies like we used to soooo...

My understanding is that autism is on the rise. Vaccines cause XXX. Voodoo anyone? Blended races? Germans should only marry Germans. How's the royal family doing?

CAS can screw up. They dumped some kids on the only relatives the kids had that weren't on drugs or in jail. However they gave them custody but not guardianship. If a kid got sick they didn't have the right to take them to a doctor.

I hate to think what's going to happen with tent enclosure babies.

The Mrs and I will soon be celebrating our 51st wedding anniversary. When my older brother died ten years ago it was his eighth wife at his side. Same DNA and parenting. IRC the BC couple had other kids. Are they OK?

Brains are wired at birth, left or right handed, gay or straight and many other conditions. Parents can mitigate some things but there are limits. However the question has to be asked, why are there so many deviations from the old normals? Allergies to common foods were rare but now it seems every classroom has a kid carrying an epipen.

We can't lock up the crazies like we used to soooo...

My understanding is that autism is on the rise. Vaccines cause XXX. Voodoo anyone? Blended races? Germans should only marry Germans. How's the royal family doing?

CAS can screw up. They dumped some kids on the only relatives the kids had that weren't on drugs or in jail. However they gave them custody but not guardianship. If a kid got sick they didn't have the right to take them to a doctor.

I hate to think what's going to happen with tent enclosure babies.

I don’t think autism is on the rise. People who like their kids to be special with labels is on the rise.

I don’t think autism is on the rise. People who like their kids to be special with labels is on the rise.
I disagree...in my 20 years of teaching, I've seen a huge increase in ASD diagnoses...we used to have 1 or 2 per school, now we have 1 or 2 per class...since it's a spectrum, kids' abilities can vary greatly, from totally non-verbal requiring toileting to high functioning almost savant (think rainman)...I think the increase in instances is more tied to knowing/understanding what ASD is and doctors more willing to diagnose it more often...not sure if eating habits, vaccines make a difference or not...I do believe genetics is at play though as I know one family where 3 out of 4 kids have it to some degree (one being non-verbal and another high functioning)...there are also certain ethnic groups that regardless of what you tell them and show the, they will not agree to an ASD diagnosis as they don't believe in it...

I disagree...in my 20 years of teaching, I've seen a huge increase in ASD diagnoses...we used to have 1 or 2 per school, now we have 1 or 2 per class...since it's a spectrum, kids' abilities can vary greatly, from totally non-verbal requiring toileting to high functioning almost savant (think rainman)...I think the increase in instances is more tied to knowing/understanding what ASD is and doctors more willing to diagnose it more often...not sure if eating habits, vaccines make a difference or not...I do believe genetics is at play though as I know one family where 3 out of 4 kids have it to some degree (one being non-verbal and another high functioning)...there are also certain ethnic groups that regardless of what you tell them and show the, they will not agree to an ASD diagnosis as they don't believe in it...

That’s diagnoses. Did you know in France (and most of Europe) another commonly diagnosed disability ADHD is regarded in a totally different way. ADHD treatment and accommodations, are vastly different to here in North America. Hardly any kids get medicated, most are treated by changes to their lifestyles and education for parents and only a minority receive medication and accommodations.

Overdiagnosis and often over-medication of quite a few of these things could be an issue in North America.

Last edited:
That’s diagnoses. Did you know in France (and most of Europe) another commonly diagnosed disability ADHD is regarded in a totally different way. ADHD treatment and accommodations, are vastly different to here in North America. Hardly any kids get medicated, most are treated by changes to their lifestyles and education for parents and only a minority receive medication and accommodations.

Overdiagnosis and often over-medication of quite a few of these things could be an issue in North America.
Over the air US TV is a riot. First they show you a commercial about a drug to treat a condition you didn't know existed and the next commercial is from a law firm setting up a class action law suit against the same drug. Everybody's got to make a buck.

Hijack: My wife knows a dog sitter who occasionally over nights or weekends a dog. One had stress issues and was on meds. The walker took the dog on a bicycle ride instead of giving it meds. It was an instant fix and the dog is no longer a druggie.

Don't look at big pharma.They're saints don't you know?

One of my daughters was on medication because she was violently throwing up every single night. Every crevasse in our home had vomit needing to be cleaned. the meds definitely reduced how often it was happening.

My wife went on vacation and left the kids with me for a week to go on a trip. I stopped giving her the meds and switch from milk to water in the bottle after dinner. Never through up again.

Back
Top Bottom