Coyotes | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coyotes

mine's a small piece of shaped hardwood.. about 5".. not sharp.
It's more of a comment about my dog than anything else..
The few times I wanted her off something.. including coyotes.. I didn't need it.
I have used it twice to get another dog (that I know well) off of mine though
I wouldn't use it on any dog or breed.. use it wrong or on the wrong dog... and there's a good chance you'll get hurt.
I'm kinda skeptical they advertise them for German Shepards!?

If I have to get a dog off mine , I’m going to kick it in the throat . And if it’s a breed that doesn’t release I’ll kick it till it’s dead.
Yes that sounds harsh , I’m done with people with dogs on 12ft flex leads or letting the dog walk just dragging the leash because “ well it’s on a leash” . I can’t make everyone train a dog , but I can protect mine if required . In 30yrs of having a dog I’ve only had to kick 2 , a bulldog style the got hoofed in the ribs and a poodle that got it under the chin. I’ll protect my dog like I would my kids .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

The two incidents I was talking about weren't that kind of situation.
The two dogs.. a dogo and amstaff.. are friends.. sort of. They're both strong, dominant dogs.. and play rough. Mine is half the size, way faster.. and uses that to taunt the dogo. She'll run circles around it.. nipping at it.. til it chases her.. most of the time it stays playful.. some times it goes over..

If I have to get a dog off mine , I’m going to kick it in the throat . And if it’s a breed that doesn’t release I’ll kick it till it’s dead.
Yes that sounds harsh , I’m done with people with dogs on 12ft flex leads or letting the dog walk just dragging the leash because “ well it’s on a leash” . I can’t make everyone train a dog , but I can protect mine if required . In 30yrs of having a dog I’ve only had to kick 2 , a bulldog style the got hoofed in the ribs and a poodle that got it under the chin. I’ll protect my dog like I would my kids .

We were at the vets with our daugher's 10 pound lap dog and had to lock ourselves away with it while another client passed through the office with an agressive dog. The owner was leaving the premises and going out in public with their agressive dog.

If the owner can't control their dog how they justify taking it anywhere?

I don't know of any vets that do house calls. Would you rather it not get it's Rabies/Distemper/etc. shots and hope for the best?

We were at the vets with our daugher's 10 pound lap dog and had to lock ourselves away with it while another client passed through the office with an agressive dog. The owner was leaving the premises and going out in public with their agressive dog.

I'm thinking that was people being overly cautious.

I don't know of any vets that do house calls. Would you rather it not get it's Rabies/Distemper/etc. shots and hope for the best?
Farm vets. My brother is a farmer, his vet looks after the family dog and half a dozen barn cats when he comes to look after the farm animals.

I have a local vet in Markham, she has no office, only house calls.

They are out there.

Another attack in Princess Margaret Park...

Saw that. My favorite quote paraphrased is "we did absolutely nothing and it didn't work therefore the coyotes must be killed". There have been many signs and in person sessions about how to deal with the coyotes. These people didn't do anything they had been told and then afterwards said none of that would have worked anyway.

"their dogs were terrified and had slipped out of their collars. They said they immediately grabbed hold of Mai Tai but one of the coyotes picked Kahlua up and ran off with him."

If the dogs didn't slip out of the collars.... would the attack still have happened?
The one dog looks fair sized in the pic.. I am a little surprised they approached two adults with two dogs.

"their dogs were terrified and had slipped out of their collars."

1*bAUTC-8AK9WQ3A5BaZRhXw.jpeg

"their dogs were terrified and had slipped out of their collars. They said they immediately grabbed hold of Mai Tai but one of the coyotes picked Kahlua up and ran off with him."

If the dogs didn't slip out of the collars.... would the attack still have happened?
The one dog looks fair sized in the pic.. I am a little surprised they approached two adults with two dogs.
Doesn’t all add up to me either. My place crawls with coyotes, see them all the time, have for years. First, coyotes often live in small packs, but they almost always hunt solo - occasionally in pairs. I’ve never seen a pack hunting.

Why would 2 pet dogs escape their collars on a walk?

Urban coyotes won’t normally take on anything bigger than a cat if it has teeth. Around here they run from outdoor cats and raccoons. My 14 year old 9lb Tom cat shoos them out of our yard.

We have no outdoor cats in this hood , coyotes ate them . And I’m ok with that , now we have nice song birds and no poo in the garden.
The both dogs slipped collars at the same time ? How about both dogs off lead and 50ft away from mommy? Hard lesson .

Pretty sure it is a case of dogs off leash where they are not supposed to be and that is the main cause.

At the same time this is a smallish wooded park that is surrounded by houses and a couple of klicks from Mimico Creek and more from the Humber. I am no expert that is for sure but are they living and hunting in the park/area or are they going back and forth between one of those ravines? Living in the small park may be an issue???

1725629252972.png

Pretty sure it is a case of dogs off leash where they are not supposed to be and that is the main cause.

At the same time this is a smallish wooded park that is surrounded by houses and a couple of klicks from Mimico Creek and more from the Humber. I am no expert that is for sure but are they living and hunting in the park/area or are they going back and forth between one of those ravines? Living in the small park may be an issue???

View attachment 69646
Primary food source is off-leash dogs that people bring them to snack on?

Primary food source is off-leash dogs that people bring them to snack on?
Maybe, not sure if they scavenge and are hitting garbages etc??? Regardless, if it is the case, living in that small area will mean lots of peripheral human interaction and once they get too used to people that usually turns out bad for them.

Back
Top Bottom