Caught a road rager on my cell phone | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught a road rager on my cell phone

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen, i can think of at least 3 reasons its a bad idea.
Just what we need, less skilled drivers on the road.
Everyone should have to drive a 1977 Newport with crummy brakes to pass their driving test.

I hear ya. Just wait until we all own Google cars and only our sacred motorcycles will be self controlled. And we will live underground, like in Demolition Man. Do you want to be Snipes or Denis Leary??

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen, i can think of at least 3 reasons its a bad idea.
Just what we need, less skilled drivers on the road.
Everyone should have to drive a 1977 Newport with crummy brakes to pass their driving test.

could you please share your 3 reasons ?

could you please share your 3 reasons ?

Can't remember, i'm too stoned and paranoid on Sativa right now.... :lol:

Well, obviously a lack of control is my first concern, and the reliability of the system, we are assuming it works perfectly all the time, but we know that's definitely not true when it comes to electronics.

If an animal runs in front of the vehicle, and you happen to have your two right wheels on ice and two on the road, you'll be in the ditch if the ABS doesn't do it's job. Perhaps everything works great for the first year, what happens as the car ages and things start to fail?
Not to mention the people that buy this vehicle will be expecting miracles instead of relying on skill, which should be mandatory, but we know thats not true. In short, it will create more lazy, unskilled drivers, same for the parking assist, ridiculous.

...and of course, people such as those who posted earlier, who will dip in front of these computer controlled cars, just to see the car brake suddenly for ***** and giggles. Then the unskilled driver behind you, without the super braking system, promptly rear ends your fancy new car.

The answer is better driver training and testing, not technology.
Watching Canadas worst driver should explain that.

The people on that show are terrifying. How did the dude with one eye even get a license?

The mercedes anti-accident features definitely do not always work as expected or intended.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but you are a Mercedes owner, right?
Therefore i value your opinion highly as i have never owned one.

Distance-based cruise is not such a bad idea in general but as long as I get to do all my avoidance maneuvers. Gotta strike a balance between convenience and total detachment between the driver and the road.

You don't have to sell me on the concept of people getting even more stupid and losing their driving ability due to car technology, like park assist? seriously if you can't reverse park, how can you have the skill of getting out of trouble when your car hits a bit of snow etc... just be careful advising people to do that little tactic of yours, people behind that car can get seriously hurt.

traction control, abs and stability control will take care of that. :lmao:

yes, thats why my parents named me that.. it was pretty cool in high school too.

but paranoia isnt normal.

Maybe he's referring to salvia?? I heard that can make you paranoid.

The people on that show are terrifying. How did the dude with one eye even get a license?

Since when did you need two eyes to get a driver's license?

Last edited:
Is this one of those fancy new features where the car brakes by itself when it senses an object in front proximity?

Someone backed into my boss' Lexus and tweaked the sensor. IIRC that accounted for $5700 of the $14K bill. Serves him right for being too cheap to pay for parking at his doctor's office and parking next door at the Beer Store. :lmao:

yes, thats why my parents named me that.. it was pretty cool in high school too.

but paranoia isnt normal.

Couldn't agree more, those people were all ready paranoid, with or without weed.
I have yet to encounter a paranoid stoner and i know very many dedicated smokers.
People on alcohol or pills, thats another story all together.

Maybe he's referring to salvia?? I heard that can make you paranoid.

That's fake crap, and kids are going mental smoking this garbage because the real, safe stuff, is "illegal".

Once all these old brainwashed bastards from the 40's and 50's die, we'll start looking at the true facts, follow the lead of certain States and put an end to this failed war on the evil weed!!

Now back to the car issue.... thats a good story Fullmotojacket, and probably the reason insurance is so high, a little fender bender totals the car now. Ridiculous....

Since when did you need two eyes to get a driver's license?

Not sure if you do or don't need two eyes to get a license but the dude says he can't see **** on his right side. That might be important. You know when you renew and you have to stick your face on that thing and tell them which side the light blinks?

You don't have to sell me on the concept of people getting even more stupid and losing their driving ability due to car technology, like park assist? seriously if you can't reverse park, how can you have the skill of getting out of trouble when your car hits a bit of snow etc... just be careful advising people to do that little tactic of yours, people behind that car can get seriously hurt.

Pay it forward, if you are a dick to someone they will in turn be a dick to someone else until it becomes the norm and we are all just a bunch of ***** driving around... like in Toronto

I HATE HATE HATE my traction control on my truck. Even when I turn it off, it still activates, but instead of it activating at just a little bit of slide, it activates with the truck at a pretty serious angle of slide. If it's a slide that I'm holding and turning in to, when it does it's fancy independant brake corrections it then over corrects and I have to agressively catch it so it doesn't shoot me off the road. Luckily I play with vehicles in a controlled scenario so that when it happens "real time" I know what to expect.
I grew up with old farm trucks from the 70s. No electronic nannies, I don't need them (well, I don't mind ABS on a street vehicle). It really is a dangerous situation teaching people they don't need to learn how to drive because the car will do it for them.

Teaching the gf how to drive. I am going to pull the ABS and traction fuse out and set her loose on an icy parking lot to she can learn how to control a vehicle in a slide.

Back
Top Bottom