Caught a road rager on my cell phone | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught a road rager on my cell phone

In the short term, this only seems to make sense, but rather, I expect in the longer term, it will be ANY manual control of our car that will be banned. We will all be in Google cars before we know it, and the idea of any simple citizen operating such a dangerous machine will not be allowed.
Is this one of those fancy new features where the car brakes by itself when it senses an object in front proximity?
Those silly automatic self parking cars or anything that can input control over the brakes etc... should be banned for sure.
If you can't drive a car properly, you shouldn't have a licence.

but for some reason you will of course still need a licence, probably costing more to purchase but not requiring a costly to administer test of any sort.

If you guys want to try something fun, sometime, give this a shot...

a few weeks ago I pulled in front of some SONIC like following distance, side by side driving dude in a Benz. Benz had the Adaptive Cruise Control on, I'm guessing on the maximum following distance.

So the fun part.... I finally get the gap to cut this fool off, and as soon as my back bumper starts to enter his lane, probably about 10 feet infront of his car, the computer HAMMERED THE BRAKES!!!! It was so hard it looked like he was braking for the first corner at Monza. Then it let off and just started cruising the same gap again. Damn near crashed his car I think, it was too hilarious. Dude came back up beside me all ******. I got a real hard chuckle at that.

So yeah, cut off those fancy cars everybody :)

lmfao I didn't know that technology was still being used after the Ford and Volvo accidents

The answer is better driver training and testing, not technology.
Watching Canadas worst driver should explain that.

Yeah, have you seen Finnish or German training school? It's more technical than the advanced driving courses offered here but also pricey as hell.

Last edited:
He said he was going same speed as car in front but left a safer gap. An irritant for the rager, maybe, but no reason to endanger lives. The responses here seem to indicate everybody's on edge. Is traffic really bad in T.O. or something?

If you leave a gap you're an idiot and the guy behind you will want you dead. Even tho the next time traffic slows the gap will close and it doesn't affect him at all in the end, he still wants you dead. At that point in time you are the single worst human being alive. He could be two seconds closer to home and you're robbing him of that. You deserve to die.

GTA Driving 101

If you leave a gap you're an idiot and the guy behind you will want you dead. Even tho the next time traffic slows the gap will close and it doesn't affect him at all in the end, he still wants you dead. At that point in time you are the single worst human being alive. He could be two seconds closer to home and you're robbing him of that. You deserve to die.

GTA Driving 101

Oh, that doesn't sound good!! Maybe everybody should smoke pot on the way home. Buddy at work highly recommends it.

Oh, that doesn't sound good!! Maybe everybody should smoke pot on the way home. Buddy at work highly recommends it.

If pot was the only substance left on earth to indulge in, and everyone smoked it, the bigger problem would be traffic jams caused by friendly drivers trying to offer eachother the right of way. :D

Some real informative posts you've made over the last couple days Inreb..... Agave's eyes roll around in his head...

Driving frustration is cumulative over a trip. Little stupidities of other drivers add up and build upon the frustration of simply being in traffic. One more perceived little stupidity can put one over the edge of rationality.

From north of Stouffville, I just came back from a foray into Markham (McCowan and Highway 7) and the pressure inside me built up, I can tell you. For example, the intersection resurfacing at McCowan and 16th Ave. with its 3 inch lowered level of grooved pavement, created a major obstacle to drivers who needed to slow down to 5 kph to traverse that dangerous stretch. That 3 inch drop and then rise was scary!

If pot was the only substance left on earth to indulge in, and everyone smoked it, the bigger problem would be traffic jams caused by friendly drivers trying to offer eachother the right of way. :D

Some real informative posts you've made over the last couple days Inreb..... Agave's eyes roll around in his head...

Thanking you kindly! FYI, some posts are serious, some are not. One up above was serious. Case in point: Early in my pot career buddy and I got stoned in the park. On the way home I said to him "you realize we're only going 5mph right?" Then we laughed uncontrollably. Of course the appropriate adjustments have been made.

So the op was is the passing lane keeping up with traffic. Except the road rager passed him. The op didn't say which side he was passed on and if he had been passed on the left shoulder I think he would have noted it as that sort of behaviour is notable. If he was passed on the right then traffic on the right was gong faster/op was being a left lane bandit. I suspect the op won't post the video because it damages his position further.

So the op was is the passing lane keeping up with traffic. Except the road rager passed him. The op didn't say which side he was passed on and if he had been passed on the left shoulder I think he would have noted it as that sort of behaviour is notable. If he was passed on the right then traffic on the right was gong faster/op was being a left lane bandit. I suspect the op won't post the video because it damages his position further.

Well in his place I'll happily post one of myself, in a similar situation. I pulled into the fast lane to pass a couple of cars and then, when I signalled that I was going to move back to the centre lane and shoulder checked, I found a truck's bumper no more than six inches from my foot.

[video=youtube;04aOukFLNGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04aOukFLNGI[/video]

Well in his place I'll happily post one of myself, in a similar situation. I pulled into the fast lane to pass a couple of cars and then, when I signalled that I was going to move back to the centre lane and shoulder checked, I found a truck's bumper no more than six inches from my foot.

Is that not acceptable by the OPP for dangerous driving?

See that video shows YOU doing nothing wrong, the op hasn't shown as such

I figured that it would be, but check out his license plate.

oh come on....he left a good 4 inches there.... :p

Is that Alberta or American?
Guy sure is in a hurry to get to work, maybe he repairs the air conditioners at strip joints. :D

oh come on....he left a good 4 inches there.... :p

Is that Alberta or American?
Guy sure is in a hurry to get to work, maybe he repairs the air conditioners at strip joints. :D

New Brunswick.

See that video shows YOU doing nothing wrong, the op hasn't shown as such

Thought that I would lead by example ;)

Last edited:
You said it yourself. He came up behind you. You refused to go faster so he "flew around you". For him to be able to do this their must not have been anyone in the next lane. So you should have moved over to start with and non of this would have happened.

If you're just going to pick and choose what you want to read then don't bother posting.

If you're just going to pick and choose what you want to read then don't bother posting.

You're doing the same. Post the damn video.

Yes, there is no other conceivable answer as to how this other driver could have gotten around me, unless I was being a left lane bandit, yup, no ifs ands or buts about it. Are you a crime scene investigator?

No, I'm not posting the video. In case you haven't figured it out, I could care less what people think. I just asked a question, 9 pages later and some are still blabbering.

Back
Top Bottom