Caught a road rager on my cell phone | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caught a road rager on my cell phone

I HATE HATE HATE my traction control on my truck. Even when I turn it off, it still activates, but instead of it activating at just a little bit of slide, it activates with the truck at a pretty serious angle of slide. If it's a slide that I'm holding and turning in to, when it does it's fancy independant brake corrections it then over corrects and I have to agressively catch it so it doesn't shoot me off the road. Luckily I play with vehicles in a controlled scenario so that when it happens "real time" I know what to expect.
I grew up with old farm trucks from the 70s. No electronic nannies, I don't need them (well, I don't mind ABS on a street vehicle). It really is a dangerous situation teaching people they don't need to learn how to drive because the car will do it for them.

Teaching the gf how to drive. I am going to pull the ABS and traction fuse out and set her loose on an icy parking lot to she can learn how to control a vehicle in a slide.

the technology is better than you, thinking you're better than the technology is playing a delusional game with yourself.

gf very lucky

Yes, that's what it is.
I test drove a new explorer and it is actually pretty slick. You just want to set it to a legit following distance.

ZX600 - noted. I've been trying to improve with my own mindset, but I just have a real hard time dealing with stupid. To be honest I have an 8 month old now, and have got to stop with the roadside b/s. I just can't escape it though, 20 minutes ago some dumb woman parked 10 inches from my door. I could barely get in. She was in her car still. I open my door and hit hers, obviously, and she tries to freak out. I had to give her the lesson in physics before she went to inspect her door. The best part is she couldn't for between the vehicles!! She was fatter than me. I just don't know how to deal with these situations.
If I do something stupid, I'm the first one to accept a big middle finger, but when the other person is a moron, what can I do?!?

So wait, why don't you just invest in some perpendicular parking lessons?
That way you won't be dinging any more doors.

Because I was there first. You think I would park so close I couldn't get out of my own car, then come back and complain????

DIDN%27T%20READ%20LOL.gif

I didn't read this thread but I was just wondering if there is even a video of this road rage incident uploaded. Otherwise this is just another Rob Ford crack video.

FYI

Histrionic personality disorder is characterized by a long-standing pattern of attention seeking behavior and extreme emotionality. Someone with histrionic personality disorder wants to be the center of attention in any group of people, and feel uncomfortable when they are not. While often lively, interesting and sometimes dramatic, they have difficulty when people aren’t focused exclusively on them. People with this disorder may be perceived as being shallow, and may engage in sexually seductive or provocating behavior to draw attention to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Did you get the cell phone video or were you pulled over as you were getting ready to record? Report his ***. Even if you get a ticket fight it saying had the cop not pulled him over, he would definitely have caused an accident and show them the video to back up that statement.

the technology is better than you, thinking you're better than the technology is playing a delusional game with yourself.
No doubt that when I have it turned on, it detects slip pretty fast and corrects for it. But the first time I turned it off to play in the snow it surprised me when it still activated and it turned what was a controlled slide in to a pretty hard over correction. Heck, it's even hard to do a burnout between the torque management and traction control with the traction control off.

No doubt that when I have it turned on, it detects slip pretty fast and corrects for it. But the first time I turned it off to play in the snow it surprised me when it still activated and it turned what was a controlled slide in to a pretty hard over correction. Heck, it's even hard to do a burnout between the torque management and traction control with the traction control off.

And that's the problem. The electronics don't measure intent and can end up working against you. They're better at being nannies which is what they're programmed to do.

depending on the model and year there might be a third setting in between full nanny and completely off. I know the newer Genesis (2012+) has three settings. The on I had would kick I. At a ridiculous early point (ie slight wheel slip on the highway and it would lose power) which made me turn it off every day in the winter.

The cobalt SS you have to hold the traction button for 3-5, the Volvo V70R had the same thing for full release of trac control.

Because I was there first. You think I would park so close I couldn't get out of my own car, then come back and complain????

Based upon your original statement you had to be there first.

If you parked exactly equidistant between the two lines, then I apologize.
But, 99% of the time if two vehicles are too close the first person was oblivious to the lines.
The second had a choice of parking properly between the lines or looking like they don't know how to park.

You're lucky she didn't just roll down her window and ask for your insurance after you hit and dinged her car.
She snaps a pic of you and off to the reporting station, and insurance company.
You get a phone call or a knock on the door a few days later.

Fortunately, my car is 10 years old so I don't worry about a few dings here and there.
I just find another spot, it's much nicer to descalate a situation.

Otherwise I could just park close enough that the door wouldn't completely unlatch when you tried to open it.

As for the original poster, he could always just say sorry and wave, and the guy might actually figure out that people make mistakes, and calm down.
It doesn't matter if you don't think you made a mistake, someone else interpreted it that way. A kinder, gentler world, what a concept.

Edit: This guy was there first too:
bad-parking-3.jpg

Last edited:
Based upon your original statement you had to be there first.

If you parked exactly equidistant between the two lines, then I apologize.
But, 99% of the time if two vehicles are too close the first person was oblivious to the lines.
The second had a choice of parking properly between the lines or looking like they don't know how to park.

You're lucky she didn't just roll down her window and ask for your insurance after you hit and dinged her car.
She snaps a pic of you and off to the reporting station, and insurance company.
You get a phone call or a knock on the door a few days later.

Fortunately, my car is 10 years old so I don't worry about a few dings here and there.
I just find another spot, it's much nicer to descalate a situation.

Otherwise I could just park close enough that the door wouldn't completely unlatch when you tried to open it.

As for the original poster, he could always just say sorry and wave, and the guy might actually figure out that people make mistakes, and calm down.
It doesn't matter if you don't think you made a mistake, someone else interpreted it that way. A kinder, gentler world, what a concept.

Edit: This guy was there first too:
bad-parking-3.jpg

1. There was no damage to report
2. There were no lines due to snow in the parking lot
3. Yes I always park damn carefully to be between the lines. This way I am justified in **** talking these people. I learned to drive on a dodge ram charger when I was 16, then pickups. I open my door and look down when I finish parking. The woman was not just so close to me and parallel. The front end of her car was 3' away from me, back end 8".

I live in London. Not Toronto. We don't take pictures and cry to the cops like bitches so much here either. Not part of the culture really.

Anyway, have a nice night. Keep er parked straight, keep your stick on the ice, don't pace people right next to you.

Fight the good fight. Tell people they are idiots in person when they deserve it. The world is going in the wrong direction. :)

I don't think you have to be here long to understand common sense, how is driving at a distance causing traffic, or slowing someone down from getting to where they need to go, if traffic is all moving at the same speed?

It's like people that feel the need to gun it from a green light when you can clearly see the next intersction just turned red.........you just lost all that ground for nothing, you got nowhere. I'm the type that looks 1-2 intersections away to see what's happeing ahead(things I've learned from ridiing), if there's a red light I coast at an average speed so that by the time I get to that next intersection It's green again, I never had to hit my brakes once, and i'm still making the same time.

You said it yourself. He came up behind you. You refused to go faster so he "flew around you". For him to be able to do this their must not have been anyone in the next lane. So you should have moved over to start with and non of this would have happened.

Teaching the gf how to drive. I am going to pull the ABS and traction fuse out and set her loose on an icy parking lot to she can learn how to control a vehicle in a slide.
I did the same with my last one, She already knew how to drive but I just didn't know how to break up with her

You said it yourself. He came up behind you. You refused to go faster so he "flew around you". For him to be able to do this their must not have been anyone in the next lane. So you should have moved over to start with and non of this would have happened.

This is probably the best analysis of what happened.

you said it yourself. He came up behind you. You refused to go faster so he "flew around you". For him to be able to do this their must not have been anyone in the next lane. So you should have moved over to start with and non of this would have happened.

amen!

He said he was going same speed as car in front but left a safer gap. An irritant for the rager, maybe, but no reason to endanger lives. The responses here seem to indicate everybody's on edge. Is traffic really bad in T.O. or something?

And that's the problem. The electronics don't measure intent and can end up working against you. They're better at being nannies which is what they're programmed to do.
It's great with 395hp and a light back end, I can just drive like normal in town and let the computer keep the rear end in line. But, get it in to a slide at full opposite lock, when it kicks in it is too intrusive and you now have to unnaturally correct for the computer correcting.

depending on the model and year there might be a third setting in between full nanny and completely off. I know the newer Genesis (2012+) has three settings. The on I had would kick I. At a ridiculous early point (ie slight wheel slip on the highway and it would lose power) which made me turn it off every day in the winter.

The cobalt SS you have to hold the traction button for 3-5, the Volvo V70R had the same thing for full release of trac control.
Yep, I can hold the TC button to turn it 100% off, but not in 2wd. Has to be in 4x4. TC off road could mean a stuck truck.

Back
Top Bottom