Boat Rentals | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Boat Rentals

I completely understand the seating and sleeping side of things . And how they perform at anchor if thats your thing. My thing has always been , how does it perform , I can sleep on the floor. Wife needs to know it doesnt pitch and roll at anchor.

This is an excellent time of the year to sell a boat, sellers wants out from under winter storage and putting to bed costs, buyers are looking for a deal. If you list with a broker and find your own customer , you are still paying the broker , sell after the contract expires (usually a 45-60day window) and your still paying the broker. They write that in specifically for the wanks that tell the owner , let the contract run out , I buy and we split the savings . These days its 10-15% commision on the boat unless your trying to sell a 20K or under boat , then they usually have a flat rate of $2,500 or 3K . You can waste a lot of time with dreamers .

I can’t possibly imagine using a broker to sell a boat (or a car, or whatever) in the $150K and under range. I don’t know, maybe I just don’t like throwing my money away in commissions, maybe I’m more willing to do the legwork of rooting out time wasters and getting a vibe for those who aren’t, and doing all that legwork myself. I guess I must be decent at it as with all the cars, motorcycles, and other Powersport toys I’ve ever sold over the years, I’ve never really got to the point of extreme time wasters - I guess I have a knack of being able to suss out the tire kickers based on how the communication goes and not wasting much time on those people, while eventually finding the serious buyers.

But tact goes a long way no matter how someone comes across. As is the situation here with my sister, even the most well do to serious buyer may not come across “ideally” in initial communication. That doesn’t mean I’d immediately steer them into the ditch vs at least making an effort to suss things out further by phone vs some curt emails. Usually it’s once you get someone on the phone that you really get the vibe for seriousness - it’s the ones who don’t even want to talk on the phone who are often the problems based on my experience.

I’ve used a broker twice, usually since I can’t be bothered to screen the nitwits. I’ve sold a dozen others on my own. The two we brokered were federally registered not numbered so there’s another layer on the onion. Selling the 38 was just stupid , we get a 10k deposit from a guy in Goderich , cheque bounces , his family says that’s the third boat he tired to buy this year , they had seized his account due to dementia, yet he somehow had cheques . That’s why brokers …. I’m fine with paying a commission for actual legwork. A ton of boats listed with brokers are Dad died , boat gotta go , and divorce , it’s not actually an asset so it can go .
I’m a career salesman and I can’t deal with dock tards .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Boat that showed up in our area recently. This is the guy that was stripping the old boat of any value before scrapping…and this appears to be the replacement.

1729531044738.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom