2024 Demo Days | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 Demo Days

I was at bracebridge yamaha a couple days ago, I really liked how they did their demo, the ride was nice and long and included all kinds of roads (twisty, highways, city), also gave out free burgers and drinks. I demoed the T7 and thought it was a great bike, never got to take it off road but on the street it was very comfortable, plenty of power to have fun. and the 21" front wheel doesn't ruin the handling as much as you'd expect. I used to own a KTM 790 adventure a couple years ago, kinda forgot how it rides but I think it felt pretty similar to the T7, maybe a bit faster.

Anyone know if there's any more harley demos this summer? I can't find their list of demos on their website for Canada.
If you ask Chris at Durham Harley...He would probably let you take a bike out for a ride

Spent yesterday at Classy Chassis for a Royal Enfield day. Rode the new Shotgun (report to follow) and hung out with a bunch of really nice folks.
There's another RE day coming up at Old Village Cranks the 3rd Wednesday of August.

Aprilia has/had demo days, they also do demos at or near the track, their dealers are also more open to test rides (studio cycle for example)

But yeah, the japs arent doing much.

I was up in Creemore 2 weekends ago and on the way out saw the BMW Motorrad truck on a side street ... was thinking of an R18 Classic until I sat on 1 at a dealership before then ... heavy pig - no thanks.

When the BMW rep reminded us that the speed limits all around the Mosport are 70km I decided to watch the racing instead.
FYI after having the Kawi girl fill out the waiver on her ipad (benifits of no phone) I said "standard waiver if I crash it's on you ?" She joked and said no but then admitted it was.

Why are people shocked that if you crash a motorcycle being a goon on a test ride it's your own fault and your problem? Do people expect OEMs to just sacrifice a dozen bikes to a bunch of old guys who won't ever buy a new one anyway?

Why are people shocked that if you crash a motorcycle being a goon on a test ride it's your own fault and your problem? Do people expect OEMs to just sacrifice a dozen bikes to a bunch of old guys who won't ever buy a new one anyway?
It's not though. As I posted above the Kawi rep admitted I would not be held accountable for smacking up their bike.

I suppose they hope any sales from the demos more than offsets any damage that may occur but I still think the rider should be held accountable for SOME of it (maybe 50/50?).

Spent yesterday at Classy Chassis for a Royal Enfield day. Rode the new Shotgun (report to follow) and hung out with a bunch of really nice folks.
There's another RE day coming up at Old Village Cranks the 3rd Wednesday of August.
Here it is - going?
ac673cbacccb97341c6ca9e8cb723e7d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom