When are you taking your bikes out? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

Ride was good but a little unsettling how much fun 40hp can be. I'm probably doing something wrong. Is it bad to pretend I'm riding a Ducati?

Are you actually pretending though or are you just in your own zone?

Own zone for sure but Ducati (early torquey model) when I choose but it could also be other things like Tall Pines rally car but I got to be on top of my game for those occasions. All my modes of transportation have glorious tie-ins to something more glamorous than my reality.

Arggh, it's snowing again.

Own zone for sure but Ducati (early torquey model) when I choose but it could also be other things like Tall Pines rally car but I got to be on top of my game for those occasions. All my modes of transportation have glorious tie-ins to something more glamorous than my reality.

I take it that you skip over the parts where you're supposed to have broken down on the Duc.

If not, then please send me a cheque for the thousands you owe on repairs. :D

Last edited:
Do you all not realize the theme of these threads?
Your rides are "chilly, not unbearable, tolerable", etc. These posts do not entice me to ride.
My ACL snapping was not unbearable and tolerable.
Sorry, I didn't think it necessary to also mention "thoroughly enjoyable". While you're on the couch, I'll be riding.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

Got out for an hour on Sunday... Felt great to finally ride again!
Anything above 5c is good at this time of year, the roads in Burlington / Stoney Creek are not too bad.. Still in need of a good sweep and some rain.

Sorry, I didn't think it necessary to also mention "thoroughly enjoyable". While you're on the couch, I'll be riding.

Sent from Z10 on Tapatalk

I was out in December. I've been out on sidecars all winter in the past. But I also got paid to do that. I just don't have enough body fat like some of you guys to be comfortable when it gets cold.

I just don't have enough body fat like some of you guys

**** you pal, you don't know me.

PoutingJebby.jpg

I just bought a new 2014 Kawisaki Concours 1400 and hope to pick it up on March 28th weather permitting. If it's not raining or snowing that day I'll get it. Probably won't be riding daily until mid April though....we'll see.

I picked up my new bike today, couldn't take it on the highway still in break-in, so I rode 3 hours on local roads back home. (150km) I was surprised I didn't feel any cold. I did use my ski gloves that kept my fingers from freezing, a few layers of clothing and pants. All i felt was TIRED afterwards, the word cold didn't appear in my mind. So yeah I am now happy and surprised.

Everyone should be out by now, there's no excuse, unless... you don't know how to dress warm!!

Here's my clothing list for today (0c)
thermal layer top x2 as base, shirt, sweater, leather jacket
thermal layer bottom x2 as base, casual windbreaker sports pants, levis jeans
ski gloves
neck warmer

That's it!! no heated device necessary :D

I admire the enthusiasm but not everyone should be out now. We need rain. Up here outside the city the main roads aren't horrid but every side road or secondary higway is covered in crap still.

Did you end up with the rc390?

Everyone should be out by now, there's no excuse, unless... you don't know how to dress warm!!

Here's my clothing list for today (0c)
thermal layer top x2 as base, shirt, sweater, leather jacket
thermal layer bottom x2 as base, casual windbreaker sports pants, levis jeans
ski gloves
neck warmer

That's it!! no heated device necessary :D

+1 That list is pretty much verbatim what my Mom recommends as well for 0c

Way too early to be out. Too much salt on the roads. Snow in the long term forecast. Minimum 2-3 weeks away

I'm taking a bike to get safetied tomorrow as it appears to be the only window of opportunity for me to register it before the 6-day maximum. As a precaution, I've got someone who will be tailgating me in a car all the way to the shop.
Mines coming out tomorrow for a ride and going to the shop Saturday morning. Just take it real easy and you'll be fine

Took mine out yesterday. There's still gravel on the right turn sides (in Milton). The roads were still cold and felt my tires were not warming enough so took it easy.

I traded my car for the new WRX this winter and thought to myself "I don't need the bike anymore. This car will keep me entertained". But after yesterday's ride no car(street ones) could match the acceleration of a motorcycle.

It was nice being in the bike. And looking forward to taking it to more track days this season

Took mine out yesterday. There's still gravel on the right turn sides (in Milton). The roads were still cold and felt my tires were not warming enough so took it easy.

I traded my car for the new WRX this winter and thought to myself "I don't need the bike anymore. This car will keep me entertained". But after yesterday's ride no car(street ones) could match the acceleration of a motorcycle.

It was nice being in the bike. And looking forward to taking it to more track days this season

A lot of new cars will do 0-60 in under 4s. Get someone who doesn't know how to ride or doesn't launch at 7-10,000rpm and that cars going to leave you sitting.

Either way way they just brined the streets here again. I wouldn't be riding on that crap and the salt.

Clean Dry roads and +5 in the morning

I'm at least another 30-45 days out as I refuse to ride in Ontario with snow on the ground.

Besides I still have a bunch of maintenance to do. ie. lub chain, fix a small coolant leak, new clutch with plates, etc
Also I won't be getting my new jacket until the end of April when I'm able to get to GPBIKES to use one of those coupons from their catalog.

Besides there's too much sand on the roads.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom